Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    3-1 and 28 league goals for Clarke-Harris
  • Options
    Was disappointed that we didnt sign Szmodics ourselves even before he went to Bristol City

Was always impressed with his scoring rate @ Colchester
  • Options
    Can someone change the thread title to ‘Plymouth Chat’. Thanks. 
  • Options
    Szmodics is a strange one, what on earth were Bristol City doing?

Signed him on a 3 year deal after he impressed in league two. Played him just 4 times then loaned him out to Peterborough and then even after he did well on loan, they still decided to sell him. Looks a very bad bit of business on their part.
  • Options
    Szmodics is an excellent player.  Should definitely have got him off Colchester.  We were either linked or someone on here mentioned him at the time.  I assume it was about the time Roland lost interest and refused to sanction transfer fees
  • Options
    Two big games for Sunderland coming up, Blackpool and Hull away. If they lose though two they could go from fighting for the top 2 to fighting to stay in the play offs.
  • Options
    I'd prefer it if they did the double over Blackpool.
  • Options
    Mk Dons to beat Portsmouth
    Bristol rovers beat lincoln
    Sunderland beat Blackpool

On a separate note I see the Doncaster manager has put himself in the team after not playing for a while!! Back in at centre back 
  • Options
    Lincoln's crap form break has served them well
  • Options
    Portsmouth losing 1-0 at ht to MK Dons 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    MK Dons 1- 0 up 👍
  • Options
    Blackpool 1 up
  • Options
    5 Charlton 76PTS (+12 GD)

Just the 17 points from last 8 games which equals 5 wins 2 draws 1 defeat , yeah righto
    It was completely random, with a bit of weighting given to the better teams. As mentioned, it was after only 45 games so 5 wins, 2 draws and no defeats.

Sunderland 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 1-1 Ipswich
    Plymouth 1-2 Charlton
    Charlton 2-1 Peterborough
    Charlton 2-0 Crewe
    Accrington 1-1 Charlton
    Charlton 2-0 Lincoln
    Charlton ?-? Hull

We got extremely lucky and couldn't stop rolling 5s and 6s (I didn't actually use a dice, it's metaphorical). As unexpected was Peterborough's collapse who couldn't stop rolling 1s and 2s, only picking up 5 points from the next 6.
    Oi oi
    Draw against Ipswich.. oi oi. Now for three wins on the spin against Plymouth, Peterborough and Crewe!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    Is there a predictor type thing where you can enter what you think results will be and see final table. 
    https://thefishy.co.uk/calculator0.php?Competition=3

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-league-one/
    Randomly generated results for the worldfootball.net table using probability weighting from expected odds...

I got this table with one game left to play... Charlton got lucky with 4 wins and 2 draws from the next six games.

1 Hull 84PTS (+37 GD) (PROMOTED)
    2 Sunderland 81PTS (+32 GD)
    -
    3 Peterborough 78PTS (+29 GD)
    4 Blackpool 78PTS (+19 GD)
    5 Charlton 76PTS (+12 GD)
    6 Portsmouth 74PTS (+17 GD)
    -
    7 Ipswich 74PTS (+9 GD)
    8 Lincoln 73PTS (+14 GD)
    9 Doncaster 72PTS (+9 GD)
    10 Gillingham 67PTS (+3 GD)

____

19 Northampton 49PTS (-23 GD)
    20 Swindon 44PTS (-25 GD)
    -
    21 Bristol Rovers 43PTS (-25 GD)
    22 AFC Wimbledon 43PTS (-27 GD)
    23 Wigan 43PTS (-28 GD)
    24 Rochdale 37PTS (-28 GD) (RELEGATED)
    Pompey only getting 10 more points in the next 7 winnable games, after winning 4 in a row?
    Pompey 1-2 Burton
    Crewe 1-2 Pompey
    MK 0-1 Pompey
    Swindon 1-0 Pompey
    Pompey 2-0 Bristol Rovers
    Accrington 1-0 Pompey
    AFC Wimbledon 1-1 Pompey
    Pompey ?-? Accrington
    On current form, you'd expect Pompey to beat Swindon and Wimbledon comfortably for a start, so that's an extra 5 points. I'd be surprised if they lost to both Burton and Accrington too
    Double oi oi. :-)

One point from three for Portsmouth, I had them getting three points!
  • Options
    Doesn't help Blackpool and Lincoln winning. Just feel we missed an opportunity today with Portsmouth winning 
  • Options
    Looks like just the one place up for grabs now. 
  • Options
    Blackpool and Lincoln consolidating their positions starting to look like only one place up for grabs now 
  • Options
    Doesn't help Blackpool and Lincoln winning. Just feel we missed an opportunity today with Portsmouth winning 
    But Lincoln had to play only 10 men after the 36th minute....

Hardly a fantastic win...on paper at least.
  • Options
    Seems like it back down to one space for us. Still plenty of football to be played. Could still be a huge surprise with Oxford winning next 5 matches or Sunderland not winning again this season. (lost 3 on the bounce and play Hull and Blackpool in next matches).

Think we need a minimum of ten points to have any chance. Not the biggest ask with 18 points up for grabs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Seems like it back down to one space for us. Still plenty of football to be played. Could still be a huge surprise with Oxford winning next 5 matches or Sunderland not winning again this season. (lost 3 on the bounce and play Hull and Blackpool in next matches).

Think we need a minimum of ten points to have any chance. Not the biggest ask with 18 points up for grabs.
    Yeah I'll be happier come 7pm tonight if Gillingham can at least draw with Oxford

They still dont bother me too much as they'll go level on points with Portsmouth if they win yet will have played two games more than us
  • Options
    MK Dons do us a VERY BIG favour .. Blackpool are in top gear .. Lincoln on the way back .. Donny get a win at last .. we are still in prime position to get into the play offs .. still ALL to play for
  • Options

Yeah I'll be happier come 7pm tonight if Gillingham can at least draw with Oxford

They still dont bother me too much as they'll go level on points with Portsmouth if they win yet will have played two games more than us
    I’m very confident we will cross the 73 point mark and finish in top 6. Never thought we would finish 6th and be secure with 3 games left etc. If we are going to finish 6th it will be on the final day. 

Lincoln and Hull could be dead rubbers for them by then and Posh will be basically be promoted already by Saturday. 
  • Options
    Portsmouth lost.
  • Options
    Looked back at last league 1 seasons, excluding last seasons curtailment.

Millwall and Doncaster all picked up 10 points out of last 6. Charlton picked up 9. Barnsley got 12. Anything less than 10 and I think we have no chance. Need to start with a win against Plymouth 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I still stand by 74 points. The sixth placed team may get more, but I don't expect the seventh placed team to.
  • Options
    Still think we need another 12 points. 4 more wins.

Not bothered by anyone below us - even Oxford. We have 2 games in hand & seeing as we can only afford to lose 2 out of our remaining 6 games I dont really see them as a threat as if they finish above us it will mean they have won virtually all their remaining games, so fair play if they do.

I'm still very interested in the reaction on here if we lose to Lincoln on May 4th as I said it at the time we should never have postponed the original fixture. They have played the EFL & have now won 2 & drawn 1 since they took a 2 week break (after being on a bad run of form). Just imagine if we decided to do the same last week - and when we started playing again had both Aneke & Washington fit instead of going into today & Tuesday without them. 
  • Options
    Shows how much it can change and so quickly

Saturday and Tuesday left us thinking fourth was an option, now we think its just sixth that we're chasing.

Still got 18-pts to play for, lot can happy yet
    A week ago Sunderland were confident of automatic promotion, 3 defeats later they're now thinking that if they lose at Hull in midweek and results go against them they might not even finish top 6.
  • Options
    It always amazes me how people can look at the fixtures and predict opponents will win them all. It never happens. 74 points will do it. Today allows us 3 wins, 2 draws and 1 defeat.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    To get to 74, Oxford need 4 wins and can have 1 defeat in their last 5. Not saying they will, but I wouldn't be shocked if they lose today.