Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Could do with two 0-0s between Sunderland and Blackpool.
    Then Sunderland play Hull.

If we get our results, Sunderland could be within reach for us.

We shouldn't get too far ahead of ourselves though.

You know ..... one game at a time. 
    And see where that takes us.

As Adkins said the other week, 'control the controllable'. Let's focus on winning our games first.
    Sure, but I'm just highlighting that Sunderland are about to play some tough matches against other promotion hunting clubs.
    And there's points to be dropped.

• Options
    Wonder how critical that penalty miss vs Oxford might prove to be. The success or failure of an entire season can never be boiled down to one incident but those dropped points, which also handed one back to Oxford, could yet prove to be a deciding factor in which of us and Oxford gets into the playoffs. 
  • Options
    Mental we could still finish 4th
    Chizz showed us how we're going to win the title, don't forget.

Although it did depend on Thomas Sandgaard scoring a late penalty to pip Hull on goal difference. :wink:

• Options
    Wonder how critical that penalty miss vs Oxford might prove to be. The success or failure of an entire season can never be boiled down to one incident but those dropped points, which also handed one back to Oxford, could yet prove to be a deciding factor in which of us and Oxford gets into the playoffs. 
    Every team will have those moments though

Pompey and Accrington missed penalties tonight which would have won the game
  • Options
    That's a horrible thought and a real possibility.

Win most of our remaining games and we won't have to worry about them though. I hope that's the case. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Current promotion odds

• Options
    We could actually still finish 3rd 😂
  • Options
    I watched Portsmouth tonight and they were very average. If we make the playoffs then I only fear us against one team, Blackpool.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Anyone else thinking what if?? 🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting comments from Paul Cook this evening... Also saw a quote saying a good number of Ipswich players will be lucky if they get to wear the Ipswich Town shirt again after tonight

• Options
    LETS GO BABY! Mackems at wembley again! 
  • Options
    Blimey, that’s a lot of negative talk for someone who didn’t take over that long ago.
    Not uncommon that though is it when it’s nearing the end of the season. He’s assessing things ready for a big summer shake up.
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Eh?

Seven games to go ... that's 21 points potentially.  So we can still finish as Champions.

We won't, of course (currently we have a 3% chance) ... but if you're going to speculate, please respect the Maths.

After tonight's games, it's at 74 points where our chance of a Play-Off place just exceeds 50%.

That will change as games are played, but 75 points may well do it.  Four wins and a draw.
  • Options
    Blimers !

There's a bucket load of pain in Ipswich for sure ! 

Let's help increase that on Saturday, lads.
  • Options
    The games behind for others are all caught up and we’re as close to the playoffs as we have been in a while. Feel like it’s within grasp IF we can keep picking up points. Would be a huge boost to get 3pts on Saturday and get level on pts perhaps with Blackpool or Pompey.
  • Options
    Blimey, that’s a lot of negative talk for someone who didn’t take over that long ago.
    It will gee then up, just in time to play us. Put your money on an Ipswich win on Sat. 
  • Options
    Must wins are Saturday & against Lincoln. Then need 2 more wins & at least 1 draw.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    That's a horrible thought and a real possibility.

Win most of our remaining games and we won't have to worry about them though. I hope that's the case. 
    Sod the penalty away against a promotion rival, Rochdale at home, Swindon at home, Plymouth at home, Shrewsbury away we were a shambles and I'm half forgiving Blackpool at home which was a mess. 
  • Options
    Interesting comments from Paul Cook this evening... Also saw a quote saying a good number of Ipswich players will be lucky if they get to wear the Ipswich Town shirt again after tonight

I expect Paul Cook and Ipswich to do what Chris Powell did in 2011 and totally rebuild the side. A terrible relegation season, then 2 seasons in L1 where they've failed to mount a decent promotion campaign, 11th last season and it would be a major surprise if they make the playoffs this season.
  • Options
    It will gee then up, just in time to play us. Put your money on an Ipswich win on Sat. 
    Have you ever turned up for a game, or tuned it to watch a game and thought 'i fancy us to win this today'?
  • Options
    Every team will have those moments though

Pompey and Accrington missed penalties tonight which would have won the game
    Yes but what could make this particular incident significant is who it was against. If Oxford were to pip us to the playoffs by less than 3 points then scoring that penalty could’ve reversed the roles completely. Shit like that is one of the reasons we love football though.
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    mendonca said:
    All this board wanted for Xmas was Paul Cook. 
    Not true.  Some of us simply wanted Bowyer out.

And if we'd done that ... well, you can speculate.
    How true.
    If only Bowyer had departed a month earlier. We could now have been sitting in 2nd or 3rd place.

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    mendonca said:

How true.
    If only Bowyer had departed a month earlier. We could now have been sitting in 2nd or 3rd place.

Funny how people re-write history, not true at all.

Your telling me that our defence that couldn't stop leaking goals and making individual mistakes would have become Champions overnight if Paul Cook had shown up.  Don't think so.

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    mendonca said:

How true.

Funny how people re-write history, not true at all.

Your telling me that our defence that couldn't stop leaking goals and making individual mistakes would have become Champions overnight if Paul Cook had shown up.  Don't think so.

Missed the point. I think the suggestion is if Bowyer had gone sooner for whoever we could have been doing better.

Of course as shown by Ipswich, things could have gotten worse too.