Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    Our GD is really going to hurt us......and that's if we can actually catch the teams ahead of us. 

And when people say it's not our strike force that has been our problem but our defence just look at the 4 teams immediatly above us. All lost around the same number of matches as us but all have  much better goal difference......and as we havent been spanked by anyone in our defeats it must mean that we dont beat teams heavily enough. 

Lack of decent (fit) strikers will cost us this season. 
    How many games in a row at home did we concede at least 2 goals? It was a ridiculous number. You can't expect to score 2 goals every game just to gain at least a point. The decision to wait for Famewo and Innis to be fit and not try and get someone in could be the one that really bites us.
    It was worth not bringing in another CB in January, as Matt Smith has been such a key part of our squad...
  • Options
    And it you want proof - both Lincoln & Oxford have scored 4 tonight. Even Burton scored 3 against Donny.....who we could only score 1 against. 
  • Options
    Doncaster's implosion has been something else.

Looked like dead certs for the play offs, then took 2 points from 9 games. Anything can happen in this league.
    Perhaps they should have gone down with Covid a few weeks ago......
  • Options
    Our GD is really going to hurt us......and that's if we can actually catch the teams ahead of us. 

And when people say it's not our strike force that has been our problem but our defence just look at the 4 teams immediatly above us. All lost around the same number of matches as us but all have  much better goal difference......and as we havent been spanked by anyone in our defeats it must mean that we dont beat teams heavily enough. 

How many games in a row at home did we concede at least 2 goals? It was a ridiculous number. You can't expect to score 2 goals every game just to gain at least a point. The decision to wait for Famewo and Innis to be fit and not try and get someone in could be the one that really bites us.
    It was nine home games in a row between December 12th and February 27th.

Goals conceded at home per game (most recent first):

• Options
    edited April 2021
    And it you want proof - both Lincoln & Oxford have scored 4 tonight. Even Burton scored 3 against Donny.....who we could only score 1 against. 
    Golfie....5 games ago would you have even given us a slither of hope of making the playoffs? Judging by some of your comments I would guess no....

We do however have a great chance of making them, goal difference shouldn’t be in our heads....winning football matches should! 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Lots of football to be played and considering the situation a few weeks ago, we are very much in the mix.
    Agreed... I've never constantly believed we'd make the Play-Offs like you have done - But others seemed to think that 11th would be our real position once the games in hand had been played and 8th was a false position
  • Options
    The mental gymnastics are honestly impressive. Why not just look at the goals scored and goals conceded columns?

Sunderland
    Scored: 61
    Conceded: 33

Lincoln
    Scored: 60
    Conceded: 42

Blackpool
    Scored: 52
    Conceded: 35

Portsmouth
    Scored: 57

Oxford
    Scored: 62
    Conceded: 49

Charlton
    Conceded: 51

"as we havent been spanked by anyone in our defeats it must mean that we dont beat teams heavily enough"

Charlton 0-3 Blackpool
    Charlton 2-3 Gillingham
    Charlton 1-3 Portsmouth 
    Burton 4-2 Charlton
    Charlton 1-3 Doncaster
    None of those are "spankings". Only one was by more than 2 goals. 

But why let the truth spoil a good story. 
    They were only not spankings because we were able to score goals! Do you see the problem in your logic yet?
  • Options
    My only concern about not not making the play offs if Oxford go and win their next 5 in a row. Highest place team left is Gillingham for them. That 6-0 win at the weekend would have given them huge belief to think it is in their own hands. 

Plenty of football to still be played between now and May.
    Same points as us and we have two games in hand though. 
    Means we would need to get 16 points out of 21. Still a huge ask if that happens. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Oxford won't win all five games. You could probably get about 100/1 odds on that if you think they'll manage it.
  • Options

My point is that our GD is so inferior to the 4 teams that we are vying a play off place with. Once we play our games in hand our records will be very similar ... but our GD will not be. Which means you either lose heavier than the other teams or dont score as many. As we haven't lost by more than 3 goals it must mean we havent thumped teams either. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Golfie....5 games ago would you have even given us a slither of hope of making the playoffs? Judging by some of your comments I would guess no....

We do however have a great chance of making them, goal difference shouldn’t be in our heads....winning football matches should! 
    Ye's, I agree.
  • Options
    Anyway....I digress.

Accrington miss a pen against Blackpool. Could have done with that going  in. 
  • Options
    Fuck sake Accrington, that penalty was even worse than the one Marquis missed!!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Lots of football to be played and considering the situation a few weeks ago, we are very much in the mix.
    Agreed... I've never constantly believed we'd make the Play-Offs like you have done - But others seemed to think that 11th would be our real position once the games in hand had been played and 8th was a false position
    I believed we had the players to do it but we needed a change in management. I think we are seeing that we do/did have the players to do it. We have made up a lot of ground in a short space of time on teams that had but no longer have games in hand on us. Of course we need to keep the results coming - 74 points will definitely do it IMO and 72 or 73 has a chance. 
  • Options
    The mental gymnastics are honestly impressive. Why not just look at the goals scored and goals conceded columns?

Sunderland
    Scored: 61
    Conceded: 33

Lincoln
    Scored: 60

Blackpool
    Scored: 52
    Conceded: 35

Portsmouth

Oxford
    Scored: 62
    Conceded: 49

Charlton
    Conceded: 51

"as we havent been spanked by anyone in our defeats it must mean that we dont beat teams heavily enough"

Charlton 0-3 Blackpool
    Charlton 2-3 Gillingham
    Charlton 1-3 Portsmouth 
    Burton 4-2 Charlton
    Charlton 1-3 Doncaster
    None of those are "spankings". Only one was by more than 2 goals. 

But why let the truth spoil a good story. 
    They were only not spankings because we were able to score goals! Do you see the problem in your logic yet?
    Oh, I see what you mean. Sorry, I thought you were pointing out the amount of goals we conceded in those games.

Yes, I also agree with you.

I'll shut up then

• Options
    Oxford have scored 10 goals in their last 2 games.

By any standards, that's going some.

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    No-one has games in hand over us now, and we are still only three points from playoffs. 

It's been a great two weeks for us. 

Absolutely.

Totally in our own hands. We're in form, got a new manager bounce very much in place and most importantly, have a [largely] fit squad that can be rotated if necessary. Win 5 of the last 7 games and we'll be in the play-offs. And I'm confident we can do that.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Even more impressive... 10 goals scored by 10 different players.

Ruffels, Henry, Moore, Barker, Brannagan, Winnall, Atkinson, Lee, Taylor, Long
  • Options
    My only concern about not not making the play offs if Oxford go and win their next 5 in a row. Highest place team left is Gillingham for them. That 6-0 win at the weekend would have given them huge belief to think it is in their own hands. 

Plenty of football to still be played between now and May.
    Same points as us and we have two games in hand though. 
    Means we would need to get 16 points out of 21. Still a huge ask if that happens. 
    True. But I don’t see Oxford winning 5 games in a row. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Accrington missed an 88th min pen at Blackpool. A fortunate 0-0 to a team beaten 5-1 by Wimbledon on Saturday. Blackpool seem to have hit the brakes when many thought they would start pulling away. Pompey too. Had a run which is now stalling.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

🤫🙊
  • Options
    So on a scale of 1-10 how do we all feel the results went for us tonight?
  • Options
    the main take away from tonight is with Ipswich, Portsmouth, and Blackpool all dropping points there are now 3 places us for grabs , and id say 6 teams in the running for them 2 of which we have to play at home 
  • Options
    FT Blackpool 0-0 Accrington
    that'll do
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

🤫🙊
    I know, Golfie ...... we can only dream of scoring 10 goals in 2 games.

• Options
    A decent night overall with Blackpool, Portsmouth and Ipswich dropping points.

Doncaster and Accrington's play off hopes both killed off tonight.

Oxford level with us but played 2 games more, although they do have a much easier run in (if such a thing exists in this division).

Beat Ipswich on Saturday and with them having played a game more, that'll likely be their hopes done for as well.