Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

League 1 scores

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Jammy bastards Oxford!!
    11 goals in 3 matches, winning 6-0 and coming back from 2-0 down. I think a lot of people have underestimated Oxford. There fixture list is piss easy.
    They've only got four games left and are behind us on PPG even if they do win today

As I stated though when people "thought" our real position was 11th - I'd rather have the points
  • Options
    Jammy bastards Oxford!!
    11 goals in 3 matches, winning 6-0 and coming back from 2-0 down. I think a lot of people have underestimated Oxford. There fixture list is piss easy.
    They've only got four games left and are behind us on PPG even if they do win today

As I stated though when people "thought" our real position was 11th - I'd rather have the points
    Well, Oxford have!

• Options
    Jammy bastards Oxford!!
    Playing 16, 17, 18 and 19th. Though two of those are in great form. 
  • Options
    FT 3-2 Poxford
  • Options
    Jammy bastards Oxford!!
    Playing 16, 17, 18 and 19th. Though two of those are in great form. 
    Their run in is Wimbledon, Plymouth, Shrewsbury, Burton

Like Muttley said though, I dont think there will be anyone who'll win all their remaining games
  • Options
    Didn’t think I could dislike Evans anymore. Then his side throw away a 2 goal lead. 
  • Options
    Thank god we've got those two games in hand

Partly agree with Golfie that Lincoln have mugged everyone off with their rest
    But don't forget they beat a team with only 10 men for apprx 60 mins of the game today.
  • Options
    Portsmouth were the biggest losers today., they must be getting very jittery. 
  • Options
    Annoying result but if you come back from being one down, it's usually deserved.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeah taken one point from Burton, Crewe, MK Dons

Their next couple of games will be difficult to match: Swindon | Bristol Rovers | Accrington | Wimbledon | Accrington - Have to admit, having reviewed these fixtures its ridiculous how prior to today Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth hadnt played all teams at least the once
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Annoying result but if you come back from being one down, it's usually deserved.
    Oxfor were losing 2-0 at 72 minutes.

As someone has pointed out, they've done a double Golfie. 

• Options
    My Pompey mate reckons they are spent. Jaded and tired. Very pessimistic. There again he usually is! 
    Oxford are my big worry tbh. But maybe I should say @golfaddick who seems to be getting optimistic! 
  • Options
    Yeah taken one point from Burton, Crewe, MK Dons

Their next couple of games will be difficult to match: Swindon | Bristol Rovers | Accrington | Wimbledon | Accrington - Have to admit, having reviewed these fixtures its ridiculous how prior to today Sunderland, Ipswich, Portsmouth hadnt played all teams at least the once. 

Postponements - mainly due to Covid earlier in the season. 
  • Options
    can't trust that lot from Gillingham, and I'm being P.C.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

After tonight’s game, form table is still looking good!
    We’re continuing to average more points in 5-game form table than those who we’re likely fighting for 6th place with. 

• Options
    Good to see both Burton and Wimbledon high in the form table

Lincoln and Oxford still have to face Burton...

Wimbledon basically have to play everyone, Oxford, Ipswich, Portsmouth, Lincoln
  • Options
    redman said:
    My Pompey mate reckons they are spent. Jaded and tired. Very pessimistic. There again he usually is! 
    Oxford are my big worry tbh. But maybe I should say @golfaddick who seems to be getting optimistic! 
    They also lost a couple of their regulars to season ending injuries 1-2 weeks back. Jacobs in particular is a big loss for them.
  • Options
    redman said:
    They also lost a couple of their regulars to season ending injuries 1-2 weeks back. Jacobs in particular is a big loss for them.
    And a red card yesterday, I think ? If so, another player out for atleast 1 game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    redman said:
    And a red card yesterday, I think ? If so, another player out for atleast 1 game.
    A second red card of the season for Whatmough (and for a bad tackle) so a 4 match ban

He's the guy who back in January scored 2 own goals in the same match and then was sent off in the next match!
  • Options
    redman said:
    A second red card of the season for Whatmough (and for a bad tackle) so a 4 match ban

He's the guy who back in January scored 2 own goals in the same match and then was sent off in the next match!
    Even better then. I bet his team mates love him !
  • Options
    imo Oxford the big danger for 6th place. Can't see top 5 changing
  • Options
    redman said:
    This has changed at least 3 times in the past fortnight and i'm sure it will again.

It was Lincoln, then Pompey, now Oxford. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    I agree, but a part of me thinks someone like Sunderland could continue their recent poor form & only pick up another couple of points. They have Hull  Accrington & Blackpool to play as their next 3 games - if they only pick up a point or 2 they could really start panicking.
  • Options
    Both Portsmouth and Sunderland are on a dip in form. Particularly Portsmouth with their injuries and now a key player suspended for 4 games it woukdnt surprise me if they both dropped quite a few points in the games remaining
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Both Portsmouth and Sunderland are on a dip in form. Particularly Portsmouth with their injuries and now a key player suspended for 4 games it woukdnt surprise me if they both dropped quite a few points in the games remaining
    Pompey have Swindon (A) then Bristol R (H) next.  You would expect them to win both especially with the form of those two. If they do slip up in those games then they are in trouble. 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Portsmouth already under way this evening at Swindon tonight

Everyone else @ 7pm apart from Charlton, Hull, Peterborough, Sunderland
  • Options
    Let's hope results go well tonight. Come on Swindon. Now the manager has gone let's hope they show a bit of fight!