Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• In terms of security, what are people using?

I have BTC and ETH in Coinbase and have started small trades using Binance.

I'm aware of 2FA using Google Authenticator for example.  However, ALL these programs are on my phone, so if someone gets my phone (let's imagine someone i'm mugged and asked to open my phone)

On my phone is Coinbase, linked to SMS or Google Authenticator so that's no good, my passwords are all saved in Keychain, essentially the only security is the pin on my phone.

I'm guessing a physical wallet is the answer, does seem a little overkill but?

• Rob7Lee said:
    Ada broken out and pumping hard. Pretty chuffed I caught it before the move! 
    And then sold at $1.25. Not sure if luck or skill I bought the bottom and sold the top of the move. Might get back in on the retest 
    I'm set at 1.26 to sell and it didn't quite get there!
    But now has  :)
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    And then sold at $1.25. Not sure if luck or skill I bought the bottom and sold the top of the move. Might get back in on the retest 
    Not sure I'd be selling now, it's just been listed on coinbase
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Only Coinbase Pro remember though, that's not the platform for the masses, it's an exchange. ZIL was on it once upon a time.
  • market doesn't look as good today, must be said.
  • reserves said:
    In terms of security, what are people using?

I'm aware of 2FA using Google Authenticator for example.  However, ALL these programs are on my phone, so if someone gets my phone (let's imagine someone i'm mugged and asked to open my phone)

On my phone is Coinbase, linked to SMS or Google Authenticator so that's no good, my passwords are all saved in Keychain, essentially the only security is the pin on my phone.

That is basically what I am doing. Though think I'm probably going to buy a ledger physical wallet having read stuff around this and been convinced it seems the right thing to do. 
  • reserves said:
    In terms of security, what are people using?

That is basically what I am doing. Though think I'm probably going to buy a ledger physical wallet having read stuff around this and been convinced it seems the right thing to do. 
    Ledger generally regarded the best hardware wallet for it's price. Trezor the other decent model & more secure but supports less coins.

Two main ledger wallets, you got the Nano S & the Nano X. Main difference is with the X you can manage through your phone as it has bluetooth.
  • edited March 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    It hit my profit target, so I sell, no if's no buts!
  • Sponsored links:

• ZIL all time high incoming?
  • This is looking very good
  • Only another 4c to go!
  • Bloody tempting  to sell some, although I don’t desperately need the money right now... 
  • No, I MUST stay strong! 😂
  • edited March 2021
    Rylo said:
    Bloody tempting  to sell some, although I don’t desperately need the money right now... 
    i mean its a good instinct to have - you see a lot of green candles you should think sell, you see red candles and hitting support, you should think to buy. Took me a long time to figure that one out!

But once it breaks all time high i think it will run up to $0.25 and then come back down again.
  • I was going to split half of some money I had in DOT with ZIL last week when I started all of this but then ended up just putting it all in DOT.

*sad face*
  • CAFCsayer said:
    This is looking very good
    great price action on lower time frames. higher low, higher high, great accumulating action.
  • edited March 2021
    Rylo said:
    Bloody tempting  to sell some, although I don’t desperately need the money right now... 
    i mean its a good instinct to have - you see a lot of green candles you should think sell, you see red candles and hitting support, you should think to buy. Took me a long time to figure that one out!

But once it breaks all time high i think it will run up to $0.25 and then come back down again.
    That was kind of my hope. I’d like to buy more and hold longer term but don’t have any extra cash to do so, so I guess I should be trying to accumulate more that way.
  • edited March 2021
    Grayscale announce they’ll be buying BAT. 

That’s massive news. 

If you haven’t installed the brave browser yet, I’d absolutely do it. Built in ad blockers, the Ads you view pay you in BAT and the founder of brave/BAT is the guy who created Mozilla Firefox and Javascript. 

They’ve got an in browser DEX coming as well as allowing users to place ads with no minimum spend (which means higher volume of advertisers - and more ads for brave users to view and more BAT to earn). So goddam bullish on it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• got a great entry on LUNA at $18, gonna hold til $22-23
  • Going back up again. 
  • Ada touched 1.41 there 
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Just made my first ever purchase on Binance and went for Zil.  Like my bets on eToro, and my eth and chain link in Coinbase, it’s there to be held.  

My mate also told me about this one as well https://reserve.org/

Might be a good one early doors to get on 
  • cabbles said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    Just made my first ever purchase on Binance and went for Zil.  Like my bets on eToro, and my eth and chain link in Coinbase, it’s there to be held.  

Welcome to the party!

RSR is a solid project... Quite a few of the "influencers" are big on it too
  • cabbles said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I put a bit into Zil yesterday via Binance on the back of the positivity I've read on here. So of course I'll hold you all personally accountable when it fails. 

I'm never really sure how much to invest, so I've basically gone mainly in on BTC. 50% of that into ETH and 50% of that on LINK, DOT and now ZIL.

Ive literally got no idea what I'm doing, or if that's a good strategy. But it's at least more fun then seeing my money sitting in a current account. 

• cabbles said:
    CAFCsayer said:

I put a bit into Zil yesterday via Binance on the back of the positivity I've read on here. So of course I'll hold you all personally accountable when it fails. 

I'm never really sure how much to invest, so I've basically gone mainly in on BTC. 50% of that into ETH and 50% of that on LINK, DOT and now ZIL.

Ive literally got no idea what I'm doing, or if that's a good strategy. But it's at least more fun then seeing my money sitting in a current account. 

I sit refreshing Delta like I'm playing a slot machine... Get the app if you haven't, great fun tracking it