Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cryptos

Comments

• Anyone else still in vechain? Hit new highs earlier, including before the 1:100 split
  • Anyone else still in vechain? Hit new highs earlier, including before the 1:100 split
    They did another split? 
  • No, think the all time high when it as VEN was around $9.50.  Hit 0.099 earlier today, which is the equivalent of $9.90 previously
  • Wish this dip would have waited til I get paid on Thursday!
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Wish this dip would have waited til I get paid on Thursday!
    I had it my head all month for some reason that we get paid on Tuesday. So yesterday I invested most of my left over cash for the month - which at the time I thought worked out quiet well as there was already a dip.

Turns out, as ever, we get paid on the 24th, which is of course Wednesday, meaning I should have been investing this morning instead. Catching that dip at an even better point.

*sigh* 
  • WCres doesn’t seem to care about the dip - up 43%
  • Theta is now up over 17,000% in the last year... Would have been nice to catch that one! 
  • edited March 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Theta is now up over 17,000% in the last year... Would have been nice to catch that one! 
    BAT and THETA are gonna force google and Facebook to get into the crypto space in the next few years imo. Ironic they might actually be the harbingers of a social media contribution/web use based UBI. 
  • edited March 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    Theta is now up over 17,000% in the last year... Would have been nice to catch that one! 
    BAT and THETA are gonna force google and Facebook to get into the crypto space in the next few years imo. Ironic they might actually be the harbingers of a social media contribution/web use based UBI. 
    They already facilitate a few coins, Theta being one of them. They may join the space more in a few years but no need to be forced, not for at least a decade. Crypto is a tiny market all things considered. In terms of users that is.
  • cafcpolo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    They already facilitate a few coins, Theta being one of them. They may join the space more in a few years but no need to be forced, not for at least a decade. Crypto is a tiny market all things considered. In terms of users that is.
    I dunno, if theta and brave eat into their market share they’ll do something. When people realise they can earn money whilst basically keeping the same habits but just changing platform they’ll do it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone with bolt, think about getting out ASAP. Bit of an exit pump going on at the moment.
  • cafcpolo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    I dunno, if theta and brave eat into their market share they’ll do something. When people realise they can earn money whilst basically keeping the same habits but just changing platform they’ll do it. 
    I think this will be monopolised further in future... It's only a matter of time until Google are providing free Internet worldwide. They will adopt crypto when the time is right for them, unfortunately the likes of theta will barely come into conversation for now
  • Tweet sold for £2.1m, bought with crypto:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56492358
  • WSS said:
    Tweet sold for £2.1m, bought with crypto:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56492358
    Lol at ETH being a “rival” to Bitcoin, it’s like saying oil and gold are rivals. 
  • Question for those more informed than me...

You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin. Will the 'price' of a Tesla then continuously change depending on Bitcoin's value? Will it still be tied to Fiat (i think that's the word) currency?

There's no way that Musk will just fix the price of a Tesla at two bitcoin for example is there? Too much volatility.

This is where I struggle to see the point (if I'm right and it'll still be tied to dollars and pounds).
  • I can't see how Tesla can, especially as they are pretty open to other fluctuations around the materials that go into batteries. 

A Model 3 will cost 1.2 BTC today, and then 1.5 the next, and then 1 another. 
  • edited March 2021
    WSS said:
    Question for those more informed than me...

You can now buy a Tesla with Bitcoin. Will the 'price' of a Tesla then continuously change depending on Bitcoin's value? Will it still be tied to Fiat (i think that's the word) currency?

There's no way that Musk will just fix the price of a Tesla at two bitcoin for example is there? Too much volatility.

This is where I struggle to see the point (if I'm right and it'll still be tied to dollars and pounds).

Car price is 'fixed' to at a USD amount, the amount of $BTC needed to purchase will vary.
  • Zil on pancake swap as of tomorrow!
  • Sponsored links:

• reserves said:
    WSS said:

Car price is 'fixed' to at a USD amount, the amount of $BTC needed to purchase will vary.
    Exactly this, was the same with my Hirst print a few weeks ago. 
  • edited March 2021
    WSS said:

when you buy something thats in the us - its pegged to the dollar, not sterling, you could wake up tomorrow and the dollar will be worth less for sterling or more than it was today. It's the same thing. Probably a good example is if you were buying something in the US from turkey it will change a lot - looking at the volatility of the turkish lira.
  • edited March 2021
    personally think from now until the end of march is a write off, price action will be choppy as quarterly futures sort themselves out with spot price. Then lift off again.
  • WSS said:

when you buy something thats in the us - its pegged to the dollar, not sterling, you could wake up tomorrow and the dollar will be worth less for sterling or more than it was today. It's the same thing. Probably a good example is if you were buying something in the US from turkey it will change a lot - looking at the volatility of the turkish lira.
    Gotcha. But if you're a US citizen (I think only people in the US can buy via Bitcoin at the moment) is there a benefit in purchasing in Bitcoin compared to cash?
  • WSS said:
    WSS said:

Gotcha. But if you're a US citizen (I think only people in the US can buy via Bitcoin at the moment) is there a benefit in purchasing in Bitcoin compared to cash?
    if you have enough bitcoin but you dont want to sell and pay capital gains then i guess thats the advantage.
  • Bottom might be in - bouncing off support and bullish divergence on 4hr 
  • Bottom might be in - bouncing off support and bullish divergence on 4hr 
    Ehhhj 4 hr closed terribly. Still gonna wait. 
  • I'm desperately going to be working out my budget for the month to see if I've got anything I can put into this dip. 
  • I'm desperately going to be working out my budget for the month to see if I've got anything I can put into this dip. 
    I think the dip might continue, make or break from here for the next few days. Best to sit it out imo 
  • edited March 2021
    I'm desperately going to be working out my budget for the month to see if I've got anything I can put into this dip. 
    I think the dip might continue, make or break from here for the next few days. Best to sit it out imo 
    Looks like it could dip further but I will DCA over the next couple of weeks I think, don't want to be left on the sidelines if we do bounce