Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cryptos

Comments

• Options
    Be nice to see ZIL break through that 0.084 resistance barrier.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Bitcoin 48k .... 100k soon !

edit it was just shy of 47k wibble wibble

• Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Even nicer to see it smash through 9 cents... 9.35 now... Break 10 and we will see 12 cents today 
  • Options
    Been following this thread for months without really looking into cryptos properly. 

Thinking of dipping my toes in, but only got around £1,000 that I am willing to risk

couple of questions:
    what is the best platform to use for a newbie 
    want to be able to easily set up the stop losses. 

For such a small amount to invest I would probably not bother with BTC. 
    Sounds like ETH ZIL and ADA are highly thought of on here. Would you stick the grand on one of them or split the stake amongst 2 or all 3 of them ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Been following this thread for months without really looking into cryptos properly. 

Thinking of dipping my toes in, but only got around £1,000 that I am willing to risk

couple of questions:

Sounds like ETH ZIL and ADA are highly thought of on here. Would you stick the grand on one of them or split the stake amongst 2 or all 3 of them ?
    Easiest to use will be binance in my opinion and I'd say split the amount between 2 or 3.
  • Options
    Will cryptos ever take off fully in use as actual currencies? At the moment it seems like they are a digital version of gold/silver but more volatile.
  • Options
    Will cryptos ever take off fully in use as actual currencies? At the moment it seems like they are a digital version of gold/silver but more volatile.
    Best not to look at them as currencies. They’re between a store of value and tokens to access utilities imo. Bitcoin is probably the only crypto that was built to replace money, even then it’s better as a store of value imo. 

If you look at the defi space it’s incredibly exciting how they’ve replicated and created brand new ways of lending/other financial instruments. We’re still at the beginning.

• Options
    edited February 2021
    Looks like a good day for ethereum. Broke through all time high again and at $1800, a lot of volume to back it up since 8am too!
  • Options
    Best not to look at them as currencies. They’re between a store of value and tokens to access utilities imo. Bitcoin is probably the only crypto that was built to replace money, even then it’s better as a store of value imo. 

If you look at the defi space it’s incredibly exciting how they’ve replicated and created brand new ways of lending/other financial instruments. We’re still at the beginning.

As a financial instrument they're deeply flawed due to their volatility - they remain primarily in the hands of speculators. I can't see how they can be a viable financial instrument for businesses without regulation.

• Options

As a financial instrument they're deeply flawed due to their volatility - they remain primarily in the hands of speculators. I can't see how they can be a viable financial instrument for businesses without regulation.

Wut

you can take an AAVE contract out on stablecoins - how is that useless as a financial instrument? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:
    Even nicer to see it smash through 9 cents... 9.35 now... Break 10 and we will see 12 cents today 

0.97... come on!
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:

0.97... come on!
    Lmao it’s 0.097, I thought it had 10x suddenly and you were now a millionaire but well done. 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:

0.97... come on!
    Lmao it’s 0.097, I thought it had 10x suddenly and you were now a millionaire but well done. 
    Only has to grow 10x and I will be!!! Not even that actually, 0.91c to be precise.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:

0.97... come on!

Hahahha, I wish... sadly 0.097!
  • Options

Wut

you can take an AAVE contract out on stablecoins - how is that useless as a financial instrument? 
    I wasn't really referring to the crypto world - I was looking at mainstream applications. I'm just making the point that the lack of regulation/volatility make it unsuitable for many applications.

Speculation drives it - that's what most of the conversation is about.
  • Options

Wut

I wasn't really referring to the crypto world - I was looking at mainstream applications. I'm just making the point that the lack of regulation/volatility make it unsuitable for many applications.

Speculation drives it - that's what most of the conversation is about.
    Incorrect, scarcity drives it. Why do you think each bull run like this coincides with Bitcoin mining rewards halving?
  • Options
    Looks like a good day for ethereum. Broke through all time high again and at $1800, a lot of volume to back it up since 8am too!
    hmmm... might close my position, not liking the look of the fat ass wick on this 4hr candle. Will sit tight for now, may dip back to 1660 before going up again.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    MrOneLung said:

couple of questions:

Easiest to use will be binance in my opinion and I'd say split the amount between 2 or 3.
    yeah spilt the money and take advantage of stuff like staking, it's a good time to invest, and everyone should get their chance to wet their beaks on this. 
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:

0.97... come on!

Broken 10c!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    cafcpolo said:

0.97... come on!

Broken 10c!
    Let's gooooooo! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ZIl getting sent, just broke 11 cents 
  • Options
    I've got 500 ZIL, I'm going to be rich aren't I? 
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    ZIl getting sent, just broke 11 cents 
    Like a dick i had a sell order for .95 and hadn't been paying attention. Hoping for another dip and get back in at .7. 
  • Options
    I bought smalls more at 10.50... I think we close around 12 cents today
  • Options
    Definitely staying out of ETH for now. Second time it’s been rejected at 1840ish, thinking a dip back to 1600-1650 is likely. 
  • Options
    Ada to the moon 🚀
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Ada to the moon 🚀
    When lambo?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:
    Rothko said:
    Ada to the moon 🚀
    When lambo?
    When Model X is more the question for me, but on the way
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Ada to the moon 🚀
    If they make the same price as Bitcoin is now, I'm loaded!  :D
  • Options
    haha, £5 makes me a comfy return, £10 I'm laughing, anything about that is bonus time. 

Then there is the staking returns which is just free money