Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth 9/12/2017 post-match thread

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
Not the result we were looking for, neither the performance, particularly given the occasion.

On top of that, all the top 6 results have gone against us.

Will be interesting to hear from those that were there.

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Some really hard games coming up does not look good for us to stay in playoff bracket unless we get our heads out of our Asses.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Not the result we were looking for, neither the performance, particularly given the occasion.

On top of that, all the top 6 results have gone against us.

Will be interesting to hear from those that were there.

Over to you.

That's coz these players don't care what happened 25 years ago ! Some of them wasn't even born , this team are no where near as good as that team 25 years ago!
  • Options
    It'll be the fault of boycotters and those returning you wait and see :smirk:
  • Options
    73 I said it before and I’ll say it again. 73 points.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Not a prayer of top two. I suppose any place 3rd - 6th will do but that’s looking no better than 50/50. Window coming up but Matt Godden is not going to make the difference.

Got a stinking cold and sat there frozen and miserable.
  • Options

Not a prayer of top two. I suppose any place 3rd - 6th will do but that’s looking no better than 50/50. Window coming up but Matt Godden is not going to make the difference.

Godden wont be signed... another season at this level with another go next season IF we have new owners
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Every big game in the last 6 years that the fans turn out for, we lose - pathetic performance especially as the fans were outstanding today, hang your heads in shame you gutless cowards
  • Options
    Also, Magennis is pony, absolute pony - great goal he scored for them today though FFS
  • Options
    We're still 6th.
  • Options
    Blimey we’re starting unravel. Just sell the club Roland.
  • Options

Godden wont be signed... another season at this level with another go next season IF we have new owners
    The only positive from that scenario is that RD continues to lose money and may have to drop his price :smirk:
  • Options

Just waiting for certain people to criticise the CARD organised boos for Mare when she walked onto the pitch at half time to present past directors and players with shirts.

Thoughts on the matxh in a bit when I'm in the warm.

I was stunned when she did that
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Rob said:

Watched it on the stream.

Not good from us. No one really played well. I thought Aribo looked out of his depth. Marshall and Holmes kept running into dead ends. We never really tested their keeper until the Magennis header at the end. Too much tippy tappy, sideways stuff and no cutting edge. Oh for a creative attacking central midfielder. Why it took Robinson so long to bring Reeves on is beyond me. What could he do in 5 minutes!

I thought Pompey looked far more threatening than us when they went forward.

Our attacking threat and scoring seems to have dried up. We probably missed Kashi today but in all honesty the problems weren't at the back but it was our attacking threat that was solely missing today. I didn't think Magennis had a good game. He's ok in the air but that's about it as far as I can see.

Our flair just seems to have gone. I think teams may have sussed us out now and Robinson doesn't seem to have the answers to change things.

Not there obviously, so hard to comment, other than our attacking threat, has been non existent for most of the season, bar Oldham.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Rob said:

Watched it on the stream.

Not good from us. No one really played well. I thought Aribo looked out of his depth. Marshall and Holmes kept running into dead ends. We never really tested their keeper until the Magennis header at the end. Too much tippy tappy, sideways stuff and no cutting edge. Oh for a creative attacking central midfielder. Why it took Robinson so long to bring Reeves on is beyond me. What could he do in 5 minutes!

I thought Pompey looked far more threatening than us when they went forward.

Our attacking threat and scoring seems to have dried up. We probably missed Kashi today but in all honesty the problems weren't at the back but it was our attacking threat that was solely missing today. I didn't think Magennis had a good game. He's ok in the air but that's about it as far as I can see.

Our flair just seems to have gone. I think teams may have sussed us out now and Robinson doesn't seem to have the answers to change things.

Not there obviously, so hard to comment, other than our attaching threat, has been non existent for most of the season, bar Oldham.
    It was there earlier but the last few games it's been going down and down. We were scoring the spectacular goals but that has dried up now.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Probably deserved a point but we are too predictable and inflexible with our rigid 4-2-3-1.

Four games ago we were on course for 92 points and now only 81 (and falling fast).

I don’t think we did deserve anything from it.

We lacked creativity, Portsmouth did us tactically I felt as you pointed out our 4-2-3-1 is too predictable

Worrying signs over the last few games if we’re honest
    Great, I'm really looking forward to Ewood Park next week now :disappointed:
  • Options
    I missed their goal while getting a burger. What happened?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Leuth said:

I missed their goal while getting a burger. What happened?

Header From 10 yards according to Sky who gave it as an OG by Magennis.
  • Options
    that was poor. Things will only get worse if a takeover doesnt happen. Sad times.
  • Options
    Well the weather was the same as 92. Bloody cold.
  • Options
    Solly was awful all game.

Magennis struggled against a physical back line and grew frustrated.

Whole midfield's passing was dreadful. Nothing coming off going forward and just led us passing along the halfway like for most of the match.

Aribo played well first half but came out a completely different played.

All Portsmouth did was double mark Holmes and bully Solly down the right hand side. We couldn't cope with that and just kept putting long ball after long ball straight to their defenders heads.