Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    crowd will be about 6k and irrespective of the owners/situation etc, wouldn't have been much different anyway
  • Options

I’m going. I suspect it will turn out to be along the lines of the Ipswich friendly where you turn up just to watch a match and not expecting too much and the performance just clicks and the opposition is totally outclassed.

Winning is always the most important thing but I find it's always a good bonus when a fringe player steps up and takes their opportunity.

Hoping over the next 3 matches, someone like Aribo will show Robinson that he deserves an opportunity to start in the league.

• Options

I’m going. I suspect it will turn out to be along the lines of the Ipswich friendly where you turn up just to watch a match and not expecting too much and the performance just clicks and the opposition is totally outclassed.

Winning is always the most important thing but I find it's always a good bonus when a fringe player steps up and takes their opportunity.

Hoping over the next 3 matches, someone like Aribo will show Robinson that he deserves an opportunity to start in the league.

In place of who ? Nobody at the monent deserves to be dropped .
  • Options

I really hope we can give the Truro fans a good day out.....it means a hell of a lot to them and I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for them that what might otherwise have been a pretty decent crowd, is affected by our current plight and boycotts.
    I hope they understand the situation and don’t see it as a slight in any way.

A lot of people haven't been going to FA Cup matches now for years. Noticed something yesterday that surprised me; in 2001 we were getting 26,000 every Premier home game. We played Tottenham at home in the FA Cup and the crowd dipped to 18,097. Even though that was a Wednesday night, it's curious that 8,000 regular Charlton fans didn't want to attend a 4th Round game v Spurs.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I really hope we can give the Truro fans a good day out.....it means a hell of a lot to them and I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for them that what might otherwise have been a pretty decent crowd, is affected by our current plight and boycotts.

A lot of people haven't been going to FA Cup matches now for years. Noticed something yesterday that surprised me; in 2001 we were getting 26,000 every Premier home game. We played Tottenham at home in the FA Cup and the crowd dipped to 18,097. Even though that was a Wednesday night, it's curious that 8,000 regular Charlton fans didn't want to attend a 4th Round game v Spurs.
    Night games are a different issue anyway because getting to matches and getting home afterwards these days tends to put a dampener on going for a lot of people. Cup matches tend to be inferior to PL games because there is less at stake and managers also tend to rest their best players and weaken the side they put out.
  • Options
    Anybody know how many tickets Truro have sold?
  • Options
    Is Kat tax payable on the day anyone know?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So?
    We once had a player called Quaggy Ravensbourne.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So?
    We once had a player called Quaggy Ravensbourne.

... I'm sorry old man old pal but that is some stinky, stinky chat.

Btw might not be home for dinner, will give you a ring in a bit and let you know
  • Options
    Btw it's absolutely criminal that @LouisMend 's quote of my tweet is getting more traction than my original tweet.

Pays to be famous, I guess :tongue:
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Is Kat tax payable on the day anyone know?

Unlikely.
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:

Btw it's absolutely criminal that @LouisMend 's quote of my tweet is getting more traction than my original tweet.

Crystal Palace celebrity fan, explains it all.
  • Options
    Think you’ve confused me with Eddie Izzard
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Think you’ve confused me with Eddie Izzard

Nobody has ever seen Izzard bedecked in American Eagles finest...
  • Options
    Anyone ever seen @LouisMend and Eddie Izzard in the same room?
  • Options
    Here are the players - and their jobs - who have made history by becoming the first Cornish club to play in the FA Cup first-round since 1969:

Goalkeeper

Thomas McHale - He works three-times-a-week making fishing nets

Defenders

Austen Booth - Sports coach at South Devon College

Benjamin Gerring - Window fitter

Alex Hartridge - Professional footballer, on loan from Exeter City

Edward Palmer - Hairdresser at House of Homme, Devon

Connor Riley-Lowe - Occupation unknown, former Exeter City player

Jamie Richards - Sports coach at South Devon College

Midfielders

River Allen - Employee at Princess Yachts, Plymouth

Jordan Copp - Employee at Princess Yachts, Plymouth

Benjamin Harding - Sports coach at South Devon College

Noah Keats - Occupation unknown, Bath University graduate with an Msc in sports management

Aaron Lamont - Builder/painter and decorator

William Palfrey - Makes fishing nets

Fletcher Williams - Carpenter apprentice

Cody Cooke - Lecturer at Exeter University

Attackers

Tyler Harvey - Occupation unknown but was released by Wrexham earlier this year

Andrew Neal - Occupation unknown

Niall Thompson - Sports coach at South Devon College

Stewart Yetton - Occupation unknown, former Weymouth player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting - but how on earth did you discover all that!
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

There was hardly a attendance drop at all for the Spurs cup game. In 2001, the upper north development had not yet taken place and just about every home league match attracted a capacity crowd of 20,043.
  • Options
    Tickets sold?
  • Options

Tickets sold?

17 5545
  • Options

Tickets sold?

Yes
  • Options

Tickets sold?

Some tickets.
  • Options
    redman said:

Interesting - but how on earth did you discover all that!

I could say that I am ITK, or I am diligent and keep an eye on everything Charlton, but basically, I read it on another site
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    LouisMend said:

PaddyP17 said:

I’m getting that fact on air on Sunday without fail.
    Credit for that discovery would be lovely! (surname is pronounced similar to Hammond btw)