Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options

it's obviously a really huge game for Truro, they'll be committed, motivated and looking to make a collective name for themselves, in their eyes we'd be a big scalp ...

our players and management must not take it anything other than 100% seriously .. remember Lincoln last season, and yes, I know they're a bigger club in a higher division ..

Not sure I can remember the last time we took any cup game seriously, even a piss poor club like us rests players for cup games and I doubt this game will be any different. I would be shocked if we put anywhere near a full strength side out for the Truro game
    good post .. I suspect if we do put out a VERY weak team and take it for granted, we could come a big cropper .. and I am a breadhead .. IF we get through to the 3rd round, there is always the prospect of a big, prestigious game against a monster club and all the revenue that could bring in, as well as the (remote ?) possibility of a bit of much welcome and long overdue glory
    I doubt there is a VERY weak team in the current squad or even a weak one
  • Options

it's obviously a really huge game for Truro, they'll be committed, motivated and looking to make a collective name for themselves, in their eyes we'd be a big scalp ...

our players and management must not take it anything other than 100% seriously .. remember Lincoln last season, and yes, I know they're a bigger club in a higher division ..

Not sure I can remember the last time we took any cup game seriously, even a piss poor club like us rests players for cup games and I doubt this game will be any different. I would be shocked if we put anywhere near a full strength side out for the Truro game
    good post .. I suspect if we do put out a VERY weak team and take it for granted, we could come a big cropper .. and I am a breadhead .. IF we get through to the 3rd round, there is always the prospect of a big, prestigious game against a monster club and all the revenue that could bring in, as well as the (remote ?) possibility of a bit of much welcome and long overdue glory
    I doubt there is a VERY weak team in the current squad or even a weak one
    good point .. BUT of course whatever the team, it needs to be mentally strong and ready for what could be a difficult ninety
  • Options
    Can we win the F.A cup this season.?
    Obviously not.
    Can we win promotion this season.?
    Possibly yes.
    Rest whatever players you want to Karl just get us out of this proxy division.
  • Options

Obviously not.
    Possibly yes.

You've been nominated for the replay drive
  • Options
    Out of interest, IF we got to the 3rd round & IF we then got one of the "big boys" at home ( Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City or Man U) would any of you "stay aways /boycotters" decide to come along or would will still have a half full stadium ?
  • Options
    Wonder if the Welling boys on here

Obviously not.
    Possibly yes.

The double would be nice and would vindicate Roland's extravagant and, at times reckless spending in the transfer market.
  • Options

Out of interest, IF we got to the 3rd round & IF we then got one of the "big boys" at home ( Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Man City or Man U) would any of you "stay aways /boycotters" decide to come along or would will still have a half full stadium ?

I'd not buy a ticket whoever the opposition, fingers crossed for a replay.
    I fear the attendance would comfortably pass half full though, mainly from the local supporters of said 'big boy' club and bods that'll just fancy watching a top flight team. On the other hand given the fucktard regime's unfailing talent for ballsing up every possible opportunity, they'll probably fail to capitalise, set ticket prices at £40 or more, crash the booking system, blame Royal Mail when the tickets don't arrive in time and wonder how only 10,000 got in to see the game...
    Oh hang on, this is all predicated on Charlton winning 2 cup games in a row as you were, obviously that ain't happening.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Warsaw 1947 and St Petersburg more like! Eleven pages and hardly a mention of Jethro or any of his classic lines....
  • Options
    HarryLime said:

I think this is an ideal opportunity for the SMT to botch another bit of marketing as well as getting shot of the scones sitting in a cupboard since the cancelled Peterborough game, by welcoming the first club from Cornwall to reach the 1st round proper in years, and making it Devonshire Cream Tea day.

Great idea. As the visitors won't be interested in imitation Cream Teas and certainly nothing from Devon, it would also be the perfect opportunity to get rid of more of the curry mountain that we are stuck with.
  • Options
    The nearest club to Truro in their division is Weston Super Mare, 150 miles away ! .. they call that their local derby ..

Wait if they get in the National League and play Gateshead away on a wet Tuesday in January, nice one for the travelling fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When are the TV games announced
  • Options
    Just noticed that the OS has listed the game as 4/11 @ 3pm, but you can't buy tickets yet.
  • Options
    DA9 said:

Just noticed that the OS has listed the game as 4/11 @ 3pm, but you can't buy tickets yet.

I think that’s the standard time so might just be a placeholder till it’s confirmed.
  • Options

Yeah can't wait to see us get humped 7-0 by Man City whilst Roly counts out the cash we'd make from it.
  • Options
    I watched Truro play wells city in a pre season friendly at wells earlier this year . looked a really good side for that level , ran out 5 nil winners . according to there supporters that was not there first team . very organized had a very good center forward , ran his socks off . not to be underestimated !!!!!
  • Options

This all over. I still have nightmares of Dagenham and Redbridge away very odd ground and we were within minutes of a penalty shootout that given our history (Bar the playoff final) may well have seen us eliminated. Strong team is needed and rightly or wrongly we need the extra cup revenue to help balance the books.
  • Options
    A Truro fan on facebook seems to think the match is on Sunday 5th Nov, kick off 2pm?

Not seen an official announcement anywhere....
  • Options

Stay away, although you never know.......if there was a change of owner.
  • Options
    TV fixtures:

Hyde V Franchise, Friday 7:45
    Shaw Lane v Mansfield, Saturday 12:30
    Chorley v Fleetwood, Monday 7:45

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The Emirates FA Cup‏Verified account @EmiratesFACup 11m

Wondering when your #EmiratesFACup first round tie will take place? The schedule has been confirmed!

http://www.thefa.com/news/2017/oct/19/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-tv-games-selected-191017
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TV fixtures:

Not surprised... Hyde are one of the lowest teams left / Shaw Lane were a pub team a few years ago / Chorley v Fleetwood is a Derby
  • Options

TV fixtures:

Not surprised... Hyde are one of the lowest teams left / Shaw Lane were a pub team a few years ago / Chorley v Fleetwood is a Derby
    Slightly surprised they haven't found a 4th slot for Luton v Portsmouth though.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options
    why ??? Millwall at home ???
  • Options
    The BBC move about 8 games to 2pm on the Sunday, so that they can air an FA Cup 'Final score' programme.

It involves live reports/interviews from the touchlines (I bet we get Clem..), showing the goals as they go in, etc..
  • Options

Saunders makes a good call that it could be on TV

No way.

Looking at it the live games should be from:

Hyde v MK Dons
    East thurrock/Ebbsfleet v Doncaster
    Shaw Lane v Mansfield
    Boreham Wood v Blackpool
    Dartford v Swindon
    Solihull/Ossett v Wycombe

and maybe Luton v Portsmouth (2 well supported sides)
    Hyde v MK Dons is a dead cert... look at the BBC coverage after the draw and this is the game they're banging on about.

• Options
    I'm guessing that Shaw Lane v Mansfield is on BT... Wonder if the game MIGHT be selected by BBC for online coverage

(i.e. Like what they did for the Qualifying Rounds)
  • Options
    Dartford, Gillingham and Ebbsfleet all at home.

They're far bigger clubs than us so should take priority.
  • Options
    has the game moved to the SCG or MCG?