Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    Would imagine with Cornish folk based in London, the away turn out will be around 1000.

Even with that I doubt we'll break the 5000 in total.

Already thinking if it is more than £10 I'm not going.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Would imagine with Cornish folk based in London, the away turn out will be around 1000.

So, if its £10 you'll go and if its £11 you wont......odd- just what a football club needs - loyal fans like you.
  • Options

Truro - first time ever in the 1st round of The FA Cup i beleive.

first ever Cornish team in the 1st Round I believe.

• Options

A massive match for Truro, a midweek replay would be a good test of the ground completists amongst us though! Devon in August is more appealing than Cornwall in October/November...

Due to be coming back from near Truro on Tuesday 14th, may have to start back later than planned

• Options

Since 1969.
  • Options

Since 1969.
    stand corrected
  • Options
    Radio 5L keep mentioning that Cornish team Truro have been drawn at home to Charlton.

Have I missed something?
  • Options

Radio 5L keep mentioning that Cornish team Truro have been drawn at home to Charlton.

Have I missed something?

No we're also playing ourselves twice and Norwich home and away.
  • Options

So, if its £10 you'll go and if its £11 you wont......odd- just what a football club needs - loyal fans like you.
    Loyal fans like me that have a season ticket and have been to every home game this season?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

TEL said:

About to become my new home in January...lovely part of the world and not a bad little ground for non league.

TEL said:

About to become my new home in January...lovely part of the world and not a bad little ground for non league.

Another emmett clogging the place up, to avoid the smog
    No smog here in Australia
  • Options
    Nervous about it
  • Options
    Interesting draw. Would love to see it, but he's still here. Oh fuck!

The boycott continues.
  • Options
    Just popping in to say that I don't think it will be on TV, not sure we had discussed it yet.
  • Options

Are you encouraging Charlton fans to give Roland more of their hard earned ?
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Concorde away please, I could actually walk to the ground!

With you living in the caravan park adjacent to the ground you'll be there in sixty seconds.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Are you encouraging Charlton fans to give Roland more of their hard earned ?
    At least in the FA Cup, only a third of the gate money goes to Roland. Or, at least my understanding was that it used to be a third for each club and a third for the FA. I could be well out of date.
  • Options
    I think non league clubs get a bigger share of the gate money.
  • Options

Gotta laugh. We took 200 to Walsall the other night. I've already read about 5,000 say 'wished it was away'!

Also bit out of order this comment to those that would of gone or will go to the replay.
    They would of been either spending nearly £100 on the train , 16 1/2 hours on the coach there or 6+ hours driving there and 6+ back.
    Maybe half of us who said we'd go might not of done after thinking about it.
    This game is in between Bradford and Shrewsbury I know at least 10 of our lot doing both games if Shrewsbury is on.
    So if a few were to of given truro away a miss because of costs can you blame them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

TV prefer to rock up at a small ground and interview a postman.

£10 is the maximum that should be charged. CAFC can influence price by doing the right thing and offering them the net profit from the game. It is the least they can do if they are travelling all this way to give our reserves a run out.

didn't the FA set £10 as the minimum a couple of years ago? I agree too with giving Truro the net of the receipts. Not as if Roland needs it.

• Options
    Also think the programme should be a £1 for this match, the Fleetwood programme was for a standard match and a good read.
  • Options
    I hear the club will be calling it Poldark day, and therefore saving money by not turning on the floodlights.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Concorde away please, I could actually walk to the ground!

With you living in the caravan park adjacent to the ground you'll be there in sixty seconds.
    And there I was going to invite you to my mansion and get the staff to cook you breakfast before the game!
  • Options

We haven’t been embarrassed on tele for a while now, it’s well overdue.

Can Truro be the 2017 Northwich Victoria?

I genuinely think this is a game we should throw our first team into as a confidence booster... Smash Truro into a shivering mess on the floor.

Or as will likely happen, lose 1-0 and Truro get a reward for their journey.

We need our players scoring in every game, as many as we can to ensure the squad can both score in pressurised situations and they can keep their fitness up to ensure they are always able to match their opponents fitness levels.
  • Options
    Tough draw for us; should get a replay though.
    God knows what they will think of our pasties. I think they would rather eat their own head!
  • Options
    pettgra said:

Tough draw for us; should get a replay though.
    God knows what they will think of our pasties. I think they would rather eat their own head!

Nothing wrong with our pies - other than the price!