Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    Does Truro have IFollow?
  • Options
    I can't go on the Saturday, but could make the Sunday...
  • Options
    sunday? bit annoying for the traveling fans.
  • Options

sunday? bit annoying for the traveling fans.

I would think that quite a few would travel up the night before as it would probably be at least 7hrs travelling from their homes so Monday off instead of Friday
  • Options
    "The cup clash will kick-off on Sunday afternoon due to the match being selected for live, single camera footage which will be linked to BBC’s live Final Score programme"

So it will be shown or won't?
  • Options
    The FA site still showing 15.00 on the Saturday. On the ball as always...
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

"The cup clash will kick-off on Sunday afternoon due to the match being selected for live, single camera footage which will be linked to BBC’s live Final Score programme"

So it will be shown or won't?

The game won't be shown live, but whenever there is a goal or major incident they'll show it on Final Score

"And it's over to the Valley where there's been a shock goal for the visitors"
    Sounds like a load of bollocks....moved to a Sunday just in case there's a shock in store.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We were told that the embargo for announcing the confirmed date and kick-off time was midday today.
    At 12.20pm we were told that the embargo was now 2pm. Go figure...
    obviously those messages did not reach Truro .....

• Options
    edited October 2017
    So am I right in saying that the BBC are making Charlton and (particularly) Truro go to the hassle and inconvenience of moving the match for TV without actually showing it on TV?
  • Options

We were told that the embargo for announcing the confirmed date and kick-off time was midday today.

Quite. That was a separate source of frustration!
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Quite. That was a separate source of frustration!
    Be positive, at least you won't have the frustration of Sint-Truiden announcing signings prematurely to worry about in January.
  • Options
    C_A_F_C said:

How am i supposed to remember that date?

Just think about the origins of the name of a popular firework, the Katrien, sorry Catherine Wheel, that will help.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

So am I right in saying that the BBC are making Charlton and (particularly) Truro go to the hassle and inconvenience of moving the match for TV without actually showing it on TV?

I guarantee it will be on TV. As the above poster said, I'm sure they will be going "over to the Valley where a shock has just occurred......Charlton have finally managed to have a shot at goal, but are still losing "
  • Options
    Sunday 5 November at 2pm full list
    Cambridge United v Sutton United
    Guiseley AFC v Accrington Stanley
    Leatherhead v Billericay Town
    Dartford v Swindon Town
    Woking v Bury
    Solihull Moors v Wycombe Wanderers
    Charlton Athletic v Truro City
    Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts

So Dartford moved to Sunday as well
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Yup
    they won't be showing all the bits where Truro aren't galloping forwards en masse, scoring goal after goal and being awarded numerous penalties

might there be a facility fee for this rearrangement?
  • Options

se9addick said:

Yup
    they won't be showing all the bits where Truro aren't galloping forwards en masse, scoring goal after goal and being awarded numerous penalties

might there be a facility fee for this rearrangement?
    On the bright side the BBC won't show KAG missing sitters either

There's a small TV fee involved
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hate going football on a Sunday.
  • Options
    What difference would it make if they played the match on the Saturday? There's a Final Score on BBC that day too.

What a load of nonsense.
  • Options

What difference would it make if they played the match on the Saturday? There's a Final Score on BBC that day too.

What a load of nonsense.

Can't show the goals on a Saturday between 3 and 5. Protected time for live football.
  • Options
    Great news can now go to Ebbsfleet Saturday and Charlton Sunday.
  • Options
    Have they announced ticket prices and what parts of the ground are going to be open?
  • Options

Hate going football on a Sunday.

Just boycott, then the day is incidental. Although a strict Christian may have a problem with boycotting a Sunday game.
  • Options

TV fixtures:

Hyde V Franchise, Friday 7:45
    Shaw Lane v Mansfield, Saturday 12:30
    Chorley v Fleetwood, Monday 7:45

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/fixtures

Good choices. Shame that goes stops happening after the third round.
  • Options
    Welling v Carlisle featured as part of that 2pm Sunday show a couple of years back. Didn't work out so well for the Wings, though...