Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    From the Truro web site (posted yesterday).

The club can now confirm details of the sale of tickets for our Emirates FA Cup First Round tie at Charlton Athletic

FA Cup 1st Round Proper: Charlton Athletic v Truro City

Tickets for the match on 5th November will be available to buy on the Truro City website this week. They can also be purchased in person at the Truro City Clubhouse at Treyew Road at the following times:

Thursday 26th October: 10am to 4pm
    Friday 27th October: 7pm to 8.30pm
    Saturday 28th October: Tickets will be on sale inside the ground from 1pm before Truro City’s National League South match against Bognor Regis Town.

There will also be an opportunity to book a seat on a coach, at a cost of £25 per person return, with a representative of Truro City Supporters Club who are organising the transport.

Ticket prices are yet to be confirmed by Charlton Athletic but are expected to be: £10 adults and £5 concessions (over 65s and under 18s).

Further updates will be available on the Truro City website and on social media.

Nothing as yet on the CAFC web site.

• Options
    Good prices if correct...
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

From the Truro web site (posted yesterday).

The club can now confirm details of the sale of tickets for our Emirates FA Cup First Round tie at Charlton Athletic

FA Cup 1st Round Proper: Charlton Athletic v Truro City

Tickets for the match on 5th November will be available to buy on the Truro City website this week. They can also be purchased in person at the Truro City Clubhouse at Treyew Road at the following times:

Thursday 26th October: 10am to 4pm
    Friday 27th October: 7pm to 8.30pm
    Saturday 28th October: Tickets will be on sale inside the ground from 1pm before Truro City’s National League South match against Bognor Regis Town.

There will also be an opportunity to book a seat on a coach, at a cost of £25 per person return, with a representative of Truro City Supporters Club who are organising the transport.

Ticket prices are yet to be confirmed by Charlton Athletic but are expected to be: £10 adults and £5 concessions (over 65s and under 18s).

Further updates will be available on the Truro City website and on social media.

Nothing as yet on the CAFC web site.

With the coaches setting off at 9.00 next Monday morning.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Will there be any left by Wednesday? Presuming this will be a sellout
  • Options
    Really fancied this, but Sunday rules me out.
  • Options
    Crack of dawn trip or the overnight sleeper for the TCFC fan. Ive done the latter and its excellent.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Charlton web site "Adults and under 18 £11".

Someone should proof read these things before posting!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

reading isn't a requirement to work at The Valley. As an aside does anyone actually use Valley Away? An hour and five minutes to get from Bexleyheath to Charlton, weird.

• Options

Redrobo said:

reading isn't a requirement to work at The Valley. As an aside does anyone actually use Valley Away? An hour and five minutes to get from Bexleyheath to Charlton, weird.

Ah, so that is what it is referring too.

I remember going in to book the coach to the Colchester cup match. Was due to leave Larkfield at around 8am for a 3pm kick off. An hour and a half at most by car!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

I read that as two tickets for £11
  • Options
    Only opening the Lower West.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Correct pricing for the cup game.

I highly doubt the Scunthorpe allocation is limited to 600, which would be against FL rules.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Only opening the Lower West, Rows A to D.

corrected for you ;-)

• Options
    edited October 2017

Dansk_Red said:

I think you mean 4 blocks, not rows !!! Can't believe that they are only opening 4 blocks for home fans in the entire stadium. Just booked & printed off our 2 tickets just so I can pick the best seats now, otherwise come nest week I can see it being a bit of a bun fight. £11 for an adult & an under 18......great value !

• Options

Dansk_Red said:

I think you mean 4 blocks, not rows !!! Can't believe that they are only opening 4 blocks for home fans in the entire stadium. Just booked & printed off our 2 tickets just so I can pick the best seats now, otherwise come nest week I can see it being a bit of a bun fight. £11 for an adult & an under 18......great value !

no I meant rows ;-))
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Only opening the Lower West.

Isnt a surprise but wonder how long it'll take for someone on Final Score to moan about how few Charlton fans have bothered with the Cup game when Truro themselves have managed to bring so many fans themselves!!
  • Options

Really fancied this, but Sunday rules me out.

Are you a vicar?
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

What's wrong with it? Site says the following:

They are priced at:
    Adults: £10
    Concession/ Under 21: £5
    Adult and Under 18: £11

Pretty obvious it means an adult accompanied by an under 18 is £11 for the pair.
  • Options
    So how many are we getting? was going to see if mates fancied it but if limited i wont bother.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Away fans who visit Glanford Park are housed within the South Stand which is located behind the goal-end. An allocation of 1,650 is issued as standard but if the traveling contingent is expected to be larger then additional seating is made available within the southernmost section of the Whitegates Main Stand."

What the club no doubt means is that they have received 600 tickets. It won't mean that the limit is 600.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Duplicate post apologise
  • Options
    Ive been lurking on a Truro City supporters club facebook page. Lovely of bunch of fans, as you can imagine they are all super-excited for the game. Just a shame the feeling isnt mutual!
  • Options

Sunday 5 November at 2pm full list
    Cambridge United v Sutton United
    Guiseley AFC v Accrington Stanley
    Leatherhead v Billericay Town
    Dartford v Swindon Town
    Woking v Bury
    Solihull Moors v Wycombe Wanderers
    Charlton Athletic v Truro City
    Exeter City v Heybridge Swifts

So Dartford moved to Sunday as well

This really again shows the FA can't give a f**k about fans who might go to a game. Our game transferred to a Sunday (good probably don't have to think of an excuse not to go), so go to Dartford for a big game. On no FA won't allow that either.
  • Options
    I thought that might happen. The 4 blocks of the Lower West can probably only seat a couple of thousand & even thought we probably wont get much above 5k I would have thought we'd need another stand being opened.

• Options
    edited October 2017
    It depends on whether the day trip (or more appropriately, trek) to London for a the FA Cup is fancied by the residents of Cornwall but a good turn out by them and we could have a good atmosphere on the day. This match might turn out to be a i was there one that one day 30,000 posters on CL claim they were at.
  • Options
    Big ask but if the club was sold this coming week ,would all the ground be open for this cup tie as the number of fans wanting to see the first game under new owners then the lower west and lower north would not be enough.

Still expect most of cornwall will be in London this coming weekend.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

I thought that might happen. The 4 blocks of the Lower West can probably only seat a couple of thousand & even thought we probably wont get much above 5k I would have thought we'd need another stand being opened.

All eight blocks are open AFAIK. They were all on sale online when I looked. I don't agree with forcing home fans into one area for an FA Cup game anyway, it really achieves very little financially, so glad to see the lower north is open.
  • Options
    In the programme yesterday I'm pretty sure it said tickets were £20 for this game.