Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

FA Cup 1st round draw 17/18 (Truro at Home - SUNDAY 5th Nov 2pm)

Comments

• Options

Big ask but if the club was sold this coming week ,would all the ground be open for this cup tie as the number of fans wanting to see the first game under new owners then the lower west and lower north would not be enough.

Still expect most of cornwall will be in London this coming weekend.

Has Truro actually sold any tickets ? - seems an almost nouveau charltonesque lack of information on their site and tweeter feed about ticket sales..
  • Options

Big ask but if the club was sold this coming week ,would all the ground be open for this cup tie as the number of fans wanting to see the first game under new owners then the lower west and lower north would not be enough.

Has Truro actually sold any tickets ? - seems an almost nouveau charltonesque lack of information on their site and tweeter feed about ticket sales..
    I noticed that too. It's not the greatest coverage is it? Their latest article about tickets says "expected to be £10 adults...."

It's possibly the biggest game in their history FFS!

PS...there was a bit on their twitter saying tickets on sale on Saturday in the clubhouse and a nice photo of a bunch of tickets.....
  • Options

In the programme yesterday I'm pretty sure it said tickets were £20 for this game.

Adult: £10.00

Over 65: £5.00

Under 21: £5.00

Adult and Under 18: £11
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

I noticed that too. It's not the greatest coverage is it? Their latest article about tickets says "expected to be £10 adults...."

PS...there was a bit on their twitter saying tickets on sale on Saturday in the clubhouse and a nice photo of a bunch of tickets.....
    TBF, Truro to the Valley and then back again is one shit journey to make all in one day whether you are going by road or rail. Switching it to Sunday afternoon probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do because it will take a day to recover and people will have to go to work Monday or the kids will have to go to school.
  • Options
    Before the day was changed Truro asked Charlton for 2000 tickets (I was told this on Saturday) but now the expectation is fewer. I always thought they might get 1200 to 1500 but more unsure now.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Crusty54 said:

In the programme yesterday I'm pretty sure it said tickets were £20 for this game.

Correct according to the online ticketing system. Also the prices for the Checkatrade nonsense, I believe, although the programme says "adult and U18 £1" for that one, which I assume is wrong.

For the FA Cup tie the programme has £20 adults, £15 over 60 (!)/ student concessions, £10 U16s and £5 U11s on page 49 - and £10 adults, £5 over 65s and U21s on page 9, with no reference to a price for accompanied U18s.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

TBF, Truro to the Valley and then back again is one shit journey to make all in one day whether you are going by road or rail. Switching it to Sunday afternoon probably wasn’t the smartest thing to do because it will take a day to recover and people will have to go to work Monday or the kids will have to go to school.
    Oh I know...Sunday is dreadful for them. Such a shame they've had their big day mucked up by the TV schedule.

Just seemed a bit weird that there wasn't much on their website.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Truro's Kit for Sunday

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Anyone know if Kat-tax applies for this game?
  • Options
    Crowd will be less then 5,000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Simonsen said:

Recover ??? They're only driving from the edge of Cornwall, not the edge of the world ffs !! A lot of people drive to away games up & down the country every weekend & don't need a day to recover afterwards.

This, plus the clock & nut allergy threads have done my nut in today. Too many weak & liver-livered people around nowdays.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

Simonsen said:

Recover ??? They're only driving from the edge of Cornwall, not the edge of the world ffs !! A lot of people drive to away games up & down the country every weekend & don't need a day to recover afterwards.

This, plus the clock & nut allergy threads have done my nut in today. Too many weak & liver-livered people around nowdays.
    Realistically they are probably looking at a round trip 12-14 hours on the road with stops and before traffic hold ups which they will get if there is a thousand or so of them making the journey at the same time. It’s a long drive.
  • Options

Simonsen said:

Realistically they are probably looking at a round trip 12-14 hours on the road with stops and before traffic hold ups which they will get if there is a thousand or so of them making the journey at the same time. It’s a long drive.
    And they will all be tucked up in bed around midnight.
    Not that much of a hardship
  • Options

Truro's Kit for Sunday

This is our special commemorative kit for the game. Supporters got a sneak preview at every home game this season.

• Options

Simonsen said:

You going to the replay then?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Truro's Kit for Sunday

This is our special commemorative kit for the game. Supporters got a sneak preview at every home game this season.

Will have a chuckle if we wear that Irish white kit on Sunday
  • Options
    Armed Forces Day is 18 November
  • Options
    Tickets are selling fast. Only 655 available in the North Lower D Block.
  • Options
    redman said:

Simonsen said:

If it was on a sunday at 2 or 3pm. I went to Plymouth & drove back that evening.
  • Options

redman said:

Simonsen said:

If it was on a sunday at 2 or 3pm. I went to Plymouth & drove back that evening.
    Isn’t it another 1 hour- 1.5hours extra drive from there ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Crusty54 said:

Correct according to the online ticketing system. Also the prices for the Checkatrade nonsense, I believe, although the programme says "adult and U18 £1" for that one, which I assume is wrong.

For the FA Cup tie the programme has £20 adults, £15 over 60 (!)/ student concessions, £10 U16s and £5 U11s on page 49 - and £10 adults, £5 over 65s and U21s on page 9, with no reference to a price for accompanied U18s.
    I bought a ticket for tonight and Sunday yesterday and paid £10 for each.

For those travelling on Sunday you might want to know that Cannon Street station is closed. Trains only to and from New Cross.
  • Options
    Trains seem to be running from Charing Cross - stopping off at London Bridge - leaving LB 17 and 47 past hour
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    I really hope we can give the Truro fans a good day out.....it means a hell of a lot to them and I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for them that what might otherwise have been a pretty decent crowd, is affected by our current plight and boycotts.
    I hope they understand the situation and don’t see it as a slight in any way.
  • Options

I really hope we can give the Truro fans a good day out.....it means a hell of a lot to them and I can’t help but feel a bit sorry for them that what might otherwise have been a pretty decent crowd, is affected by our current plight and boycotts.

Yep, I was thinking most other clubs, Truro would have attracted a sell out.
  • Options

Not saying that.....but you know what I’m getting at.
  • Options

Not saying that.....but you know what I’m getting at.
    I think it'll be more affected by being moved to a Sunday for Tv purposes and yet it's not even on tv.
  • Options

Current regime or not, this isn't a glamorous tie for us, and we've never had amazing turnouts for the cup games anyway
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Current regime or not, this isn't a glamorous tie for us, and we've never had amazing turnouts for the cup games anyway
    This, even with the best owners in the world we would struggle to put 8k in The Valley against Truro.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Oh I agree, it was never going to be much above 6 or 7 thousand anyway......but they could do with whatever gate receipts are in the offering, quite apart from a more interesting atmosphere.
    What was the gate we got against Exeter a few years back?
  • Options
    I’m going. I suspect it will turn out to be along the lines of the Ipswich friendly where you turn up just to watch a match and not expecting too much and the performance just clicks and the opposition is totally outclassed.