Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Options
    (Lord) Douglas Hurd Former Cabinet Minister under both Margaret Thatcher and John Major

Born 8 March 1930
  • Options
    Sadly comes into the category of infamous rather than famous now but:

Rolf Harris born 30 March 1930
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Far from a celebrity,  but Dr Bill Frankland was 108 last week.

Worked for him back in the 1970s. 

Suffered hell as Japanese Prisoner of War in WW2. A remarkable man.

Post script: Bill Frankland died on Thursday after "a short illness". RIP

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52150361

https://www.theoldie.co.uk/blog/the-nine-lives-of-dr-bill-frankland

• Options
    Chris Barber Jazz musician and band leader.

Born 17 April 1930
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    Chris Barber Jazz musician and band leader.

Born 17 April 1930
    A bit of good old trad jazz.  Happy birthday Chris Barber.
  • Options
    Burt Bacharach is 92 today
  • Options
    Burt Bacharach is 92 today
    Great musical composer

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Stevie Wonder 70 today, I never thought he had passed away, but I did think he was a lot older than that
  • Options
    Not 90 though, surely 😀
  • Options
    No dispute about the eligibility of this one for the thread:

Clint Eastwood Film legend born 31 May 1930
  • Options
    Stevie Wonder 70 today, I never thought he had passed away, but I did think he was a lot older than that
    Not 90 though, surely 😀
    How would he know how many candles are on his cake?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    No dispute about the eligibility of this one for the thread:

Clint Eastwood Film legend born 31 May 1930
    Chirpy might question it Len...  :D
  • Options
    No place for small- town mayors in a celebrity list Len 
  • Options
    Just doing some quiz research and noticed that Bill Rodgers one of the "Gang of Four" who founded the SDP is 91. Shirley Williams hits the big nine-oh next month too.    
  • Options
    Bill Treacher better known as Arthur Fowler in East Enders born June 4 1930.
  • Options
    Shirley Williams is 90 today.
  • Options
    Tony Bennett is 94 today
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just looking at the original Chirpy list from 2017. Who is left?

Olivia De Havilland (101) - Actress who played Maid Marion in The Adventures of Robin Hood starring Errol Flynn in 1938 and also Gone With The Wind
    Kirk Douglas (100) - Spartacus - Say no more!
    Dennis Norden (95) - Comedy writer

(Lord) Peter Carrington (98) - Decorated war veteran, Government Minister, Secretary General of NATO
    President Jimmy Carter (92)
    Everton Weekes (92) West Indian Test Cricketer and one of The Three W's
    Pete Murray (92) Original Radio1 DJ
    Katie Boyle (91) Actress and TV personality
    Nicholas Parsons (93) Actor and TV/Radio personality
    Doris Day (95) Singer and actress

David Attenborough (91) - Naturalist and broadcaster
    Mel Brooks (91) Actor/Producer/Director

Not a bad average still with us, really...

Has anyone mentioned Doreen Mantle (Mrs Warboys) who is 93? 
    I know it's the practical thing to do, but I always get bad vibes when I cross someones name out in my address book after they die.

I'm sort of waiting for a thunderbolt or something, not sure what really, but it seems a bit disrespectful.  It's like they've led this life and at the end they simply get scratched out.  I get the same feeling when deleting names from modern devices.  
    I still have my mum's old landline number in my mobile from 12 years ago...
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/family-who-sent-texts-mobile-4447289
  • Options
    Pat Boone, if not already mentioned
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Pat Boone, if not already mentioned
    He's only 86!

Qualifiers for this thread have to be 90.

Don't ask me why. @Riviera made the rule when he started the thread.
  • Options
    Sorry !
  • Options
    Derek1952 said:
    Sorry !
    Not at all!

I thought what a good shout and was surprised to discover that he was that 'young' when you consider how long he's been known and active.
  • Options
    Probably - no definitely - not the topic for this thread - I can imagine Riveira choking on his cornflakes - but we saw Pat Boone on stage, must have been 20 years ago or more.  I asked my wife if she remembered how out of tune he was and she replied, yes - and he was wearing corsets too.
  • Options
    Probably - no definitely - not the topic for this thread - I can imagine Riveira choking on his cornflakes - but we saw Pat Boone on stage, must have been 20 years ago or more.  I asked my wife if she remembered how out of tune he was and she replied, yes - and he was wearing corsets too.
    Had to google Pat Boone, very familiar with his name but couldn't remember anything about him.  Then I heard snippets of Speedy Gonzales and Love Letters and it was ... Oh yeah, him. 

I note he lost his wife of 64 years last year, but is confident of meeting her again at the new address 😮 (very religious).  He was still performing as recently as Feb this year.  If he was out of tune 20 years ago, just imagine ... 
  • Options
    This man is worthy of a mention:

James Lovelock born 26/7/19. Scientist, futurist, environmentalist and is best known for proposing the Gaia hypothesis, that postulates that the earth functions as a self-regulating system.
    Lovelock is pro nuclear energy, totally against fossil fuels and for some reason doesn't sound keen on wind farms.

He changes from the Earth will sort it's self out to being a doomster, with the earth entering added on time; to his recent interview where he feels we may still have some quality time left
    ( unlikely if CAFC fan !)

101 years young, still articulate, and can walk about, and I'm certain he could beat that young whipper snapper, Tom Moore over 100 yards.

A Man with a great brain.
  • Options
    This man is worthy of a mention:

James Lovelock born 26/7/19. Scientist, futurist, environmentalist and is best known for proposing the Gaia hypothesis, that postulates that the earth functions as a self-regulating system.
    Lovelock is pro nuclear energy, totally against fossil fuels and for some reason doesn't sound keen on wind farms.

He changes from the Earth will sort it's self out to being a doomster, with the earth entering added on time; to his recent interview where he feels we may still have some quality time left
    ( unlikely if CAFC fan !)

101 years young, still articulate, and can walk about, and I'm certain he could beat that young whipper snapper, Tom Moore over 100 yards.

A Man with a great brain.
    Saw him on the news last night - would have had him as about 80 if I hadn't known he was 101..