Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Celebrities That Are Still Alive

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Is @Riviera the well known celeb still alive ? .. he has not been on here for quite a while .. 

EDIT .. BUT I see that @SoundAsa£ is also concerned for his welfare ((:>)
  • Options
    Is someone going to be bold enough to take over the administration/adjudication of this thread as Riviera seems to have gone on the missing list?
    It’s in grave danger of falling into chaotic disrepute.
    I think you should do it @SoundAsa£. From what I gather you're closer to joining the list than most! :)
    And least your a Charlton supporter unlike the previous incumbent. I second the nomination 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Are we going to continuously mention their birthdays in this thread every year once they have been listed or are or are we only going to mention them when it’s their 90th+, or just the once?
    Difficult one this......but I think that if they have already been mentioned that we don’t continue to mention future birthdays, their 100th being an exception of course. Anyone can put up a separate Happy Birthday thread as and when they wish.
    Thing is, Riviera knew all those previously mentioned, whereas I don’t!
    Incidentally.........I am only standing in for him in the short term until he returns.

Angela Lansbury was mentioned in the fourth post of Page 1 in 2017!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Good to see your steady hand at the tiller of this thread @SoundAsa£  

As you noted yesterday I've posted the odd obscure one in an attempt to smoke out  @Riviera but to no avail unfortunately.

• Options
    LenGlover said:

As you noted yesterday I've posted the odd obscure one in an attempt to smoke out  @Riviera but to no avail unfortunately.

Riveria has had multiple accounts and has come back as someone else each time . He’ll be back but probably under another guise. 
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Riveria has had multiple accounts and has come back as someone else each time . He’ll be back but probably under another guise. 
    Yes........but why did he leave in the first place?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    The cartoonist Trog (real name Wally Fawkes) born 21 June 1924

He was the creator of Flook The Bear, a regular cartoon character in the Daily Mail and later the Daily Mirror for many years, and many other cartoon characters. 
  • Options
    Mmmmm......B list celebrity to be honest but of some interest.
    Known world wide....no.
    Sorry, can’t really include him Len........I don’t think Riviera  would have either.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I have not surched all the entries,but just watched a film with Glynis Johns who is 96. I did have an idea she was still around.
  • Options
    Watched Hitchcock's saboteur made in 1942. Was googling the cast and was surprised to find one of them still alive. Norman Lloyd isn't going to make it onto the celebrity list though.
  • Options
    Dame Joan Plowright actor and widow of the late Sir Laurence Olivier

born 28 October 1929
  • Options
    At last - a genuine entry.
  • Options
    Yes.....she makes the list.
  • Options
    'Nipper' Read the copper who nicked the Kray twins.

Born 31 March 1925
  • Options
    Ed Asner is 90 today

best known as playing Lou grant in Mary Tyler Moore show and then his own show.
  • Options
    Lou Grant is a great series, pity it's not seen much these days.
  • Options
    Tommy Banks born 10 November 1929.

England's right back in the 1958 World Cup in Sweden and a Bolton Wanderers legend.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Prince Andrew.......but not for long. 
  • Options
    Happy birthday to Mickey Mouse: 91 today and celebrating one year since qualifying for this thread. 
  • Options
    Berry Gordy the founder of Motown was 90 last week.
  • Options
    Might have been mentioned before. Watched a Stanley Baxter documentary last night - still going strong at 93.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    Kirk Douglas, 103 today.
  • Options
    Christopher Plummer

Actor born 13 December 1929
  • Options
    Infamous rather than famous now but nevertheless

Stuart Hall It's A Knockout presenter and football reporter before his fall from grace

born 25 December 1929
  • Options
    Wazir Mohammad born 22 December 1929.

The Grand Old Man of Pakistani test cricket (20 tests in an era tests were played less frequently) and the older brother of the late Hanif, Mushtaq (he of Northants and a batting stance whereby his arse seemed to stick out a mile) and Sadiq all of whom also played test cricket for Pakistan with distinction.
  • Options
    I haven't read the thread so apologies if she's already there, but I recently looked up when Vera Lynn died and was surprised to find that she's still with us, aged 102.