Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Northampton Post match views

Comments

• Options
    Really pleased with the way this side is shaping up, great performance today. As others have said if we get another striker in & keep everybody fit I am sure we will be near the top of the table come next May.
  • Options

Left at 2-1 on 86 nerves couldn't take it.. Amazed it was 4-1 at the end. Should have been that score after 70.....too much tippy tappy stuff.

Yeah . It's horrible when we play like Barcelona isn't it ? !
    We're you there
  • Options
    Have to say as well, Palace losing, Spanners with a 0-0 draw, us winning convincingly and playing entertaining football...

Got to bask in that while it lasts (cos it won't)
  • Options
    Will Reeves have to wait for an injury now to get in?
  • Options

DA9 said:

I chose to give my mate my ST and go to biggin hill with the family instead

Doh

Well were you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Getting the negatives out of the way first, I think Edinburgh set up Northampton all wrong, in the second half at 1-0 they were ridiculously open when they had 45 minutes to get back in the game, and we should have punished them earlier. I also thought we were a bit negative at 2-0, and then at 2-1 time wasting the corner when we hadn't even started the 5 minutes of added time

But on the positive side, we had some beautiful passing moves, which would have troubled most teams. Given some space on the pitch, we're lethal. Clarke was everywhere and looks a lovely footballer, while JFC really has an eye for a goal, I thought he was starting to look the part at the end of last season, and he's continued this on.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Maybe, difficult to change a winning side. Unless KR goes ahead with the Oldham away game irrespective of international call ups. Nice problem to have though.
  • Options
    Great win and glad for those that attended BUT it's a long season and the current squad won't last, the 3 teams we have played so far are I would expect lower table teams, next Saturday is a tough game.

Didn't attend today but having a beer now in celebration UTA
  • Options
    Didn't go today, delighted for the lads.
    Well Done.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Even a half fit Holmes was too good for this lot. Great game and can't wait to see the goals again. Every player put a shift in. Could have scored at least a couple more from Fosu and Mag and as for the second goal, wow. Clarke and Holmes cute passes down the middle and then Holmes gets past the defender and slams it in. Effing brilliant.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Yes!!

Although coming home I was listening to Robbo on BBC London Radio and he was saying that we were missing our two marquee signings in Marshall and Reeves.

Interesting as Clarke I thought was our first choice target in that position, will certainly be a joke if he's dropped when Reeves is fit
  • Options
    Marshall will make a difference
    ..but we need two up front for him to be effective.
  • Options
    About that penalty. The ref gives a corner so I can only conclude that the goal keeper gets a glove on the ball before bringing him down?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:

About that penalty. The ref gives a corner so I can only conclude that the goal keeper gets a glove on the ball before bringing him down?

Or the Referee simply guesses... Or doesnt know so because of the direction of the ball is at least able to give us some kind of set piece
  • Options
    They owed us that result against Northampton, after the shambles of the away game in march last season, and Holmes scoring makes up for the abuse he got that day from the home fans singing "you bought the wrong one"
  • Options

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59987ce4423bb/karl-robinson-salutes-charltons-togetherness-after-great-victory-over-northampton

He said: “We have two or three players that we really like and we have to work really hard to try and get them over the line. That’s us and the opposition as well because maybe the other team sees us as a threat and will not want to sell them to us.”

Is it me or does one of these players seriously sound like Will Grigg?

Definitely sounds like another League 1 team
  • Options
    ross1 said:

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/59987ce4423bb/karl-robinson-salutes-charltons-togetherness-after-great-victory-over-northampton

He said: “We have two or three players that we really like and we have to work really hard to try and get them over the line. That’s us and the opposition as well because maybe the other team sees us as a threat and will not want to sell them to us.”

Is it me or does one of these players seriously sound like Will Grigg?

Definitely sounds like another League 1 team
    Can only be after that comment from KR
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

If the roles were reversed I'd be pissed off if that penalty appeal had been given against us. The keeper got a glove on it and Konsa? fell over him.
  • Options
    1st game this season for me.
    I went feeling pesamistic and left feeling optimistic.
    1st time I've seen Clark play and he looks like a very good signing, fosu looks good and Kashi is different class.
    Now Roland give Robinson a couple more players and we might just have a chance.
    If not just f#$#I off
  • Options
    What can you add but an enjoyable afternoon made better by deflated cobblers on the way home, erm not mine for a change.
  • Options
    Deflated cobblers... what do you think this is an agony column? Ah, of course it is!