Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• robroy said:

sarge1g said:

"robroy">Surely Holmes is wanting to try the Championship, he won't want to retire and think 'what could have been. I will be gutted if he left, but I think he will want to see if he can play at that level.
    If Holmes wants to try the Championship then he should sign a new contract and get his head down and ensure his performances help the club reach that target. Hopefully with a couple more decent signings we can get off to a good start (instead of playing catch up) and make a move for the top. That way he will get his wish and maybe Roland will then decide enough is enough and be able to sell and get nearer the figure the greedy bas---- wants and we can have a double celebration.

Holmes is not getting any younger, he has a chance NOW to join the Championship. There is no guarantee that we will get promoted this season. I would love for him to stay, but I would be tempted if I was Holmes.
    Maybe we should put in a clause that says if we are not in a likely promotion area come the January transfer window then he could go to any bidder meeting whatever price........this would be a win win situation then as Holmes would need to be firing on all cylinders to keep up any interest and that might help get us into the play off spots or hopefully better and he might want to stay anyway then.

• Any news on the likes of Tex, Sarr etc

I thought Tex had his new club all lined up months ago, yet we are at the end of June and he's still here.
  • sarge1g said:

robroy said:

sarge1g said:

"robroy">Surely Holmes is wanting to try the Championship, he won't want to retire and think 'what could have been. I will be gutted if he left, but I think he will want to see if he can play at that level.
    If Holmes wants to try the Championship then he should sign a new contract and get his head down and ensure his performances help the club reach that target. Hopefully with a couple more decent signings we can get off to a good start (instead of playing catch up) and make a move for the top. That way he will get his wish and maybe Roland will then decide enough is enough and be able to sell and get nearer the figure the greedy bas---- wants and we can have a double celebration.

Holmes is not getting any younger, he has a chance NOW to join the Championship. There is no guarantee that we will get promoted this season. I would love for him to stay, but I would be tempted if I was Holmes.
    Maybe we should put in a clause that says if we are not in a likely promotion area come the January transfer window then he could go to any bidder meeting whatever price........this would be a win win situation then as Holmes would need to be firing on all cylinders to keep up any interest and that might help get us into the play off spots or hopefully better and he might want to stay anyway then.

• edited June 2017

I thought Tex had his new club all lined up months ago, yet we are at the end of June and he's still here.

That was never true. Someone had bits of a story and put 2 + 2 together and got 5. The story I heard is that they were never discussing potential moves but he was more interested in showing his team mates how he had been "investing" his over inflated wages on his mobile phone. He should have been concentrating and focused on the game ahead. KR was not impressed and doesn't see him as the right type to get us out of this division. Unfortunately we are stuck with him and it seems difficult for the managers to get the best out of him or for the SMT to move him on.
  • edited June 2017
    Another mistake by Meire imo. It's either a 4 or 5 year contract on stupid wages or in this case we give a 2 year contract without even an extra year we could activate due to appearances or whatever. However we did this with Crofts!!!
  • It would be fascinating to see all the different contracts the players have, considering some were big money moves or got rises when we were in the Championship, while others are youth players or L1 signings

It must be hard to keep team spirit when comparable players are on very different wages.
  • It would be fascinating to see all the different contracts the players have, considering some were big money moves or got rises when we were in the Championship, while others are youth players or L1 signings

It must be hard to keep team spirit when comparable players are on very different wages.

Comparing Dillon Phillips' wages to Tex's must be scary

In every day world no-one should ever discuss their wages with their peers. This will only create problems in any workplace whether its football or in an office....
  • Sponsored links:

In every day world no-one should ever discuss their wages with their peers. This will only create problems in any workplace whether its football or in an office....
    But players know, or at least have a good idea of the relative salary levels. It was interesting that Pearce got a new deal after a year, when he still had 2 years left. I bet his original wage was well below that of Tex and Sarr.

seeing as he's on about 24 times Dillons weekly wage (allegedly)

That's life.......get over it. In all walks of life people doing comparable jobs get more or less than their colleagues. If players want to discuss how much they earn that's up to them, but they then have to be prepared to learn that their mate is earning x times more than them. Some players will just command more than others - life isn't fair & they all cant be on the same wage.

Also the length of contract & any add-ons / extensions etc are negotiated by their agent - perhaps we offered Holmes a longer contract or a year's extension & perhaps his agent told them its 2 years or nothing.
  • Blackburn have now signed Peter Whittingham, Richie Smallwood, Bradley Dack and Ben Gladwin :/
  • Blackburn have now signed Peter Whittingham, Richie Smallwood, Bradley Dack and Ben Gladwin :/

They are going to be very good this season.
  • edited June 2017

It would be fascinating to see all the different contracts the players have, considering some were big money moves or got rises when we were in the Championship, while others are youth players or L1 signings

That's life.......get over it. In all walks of life people doing comparable jobs get more or less than their colleagues. If players want to discuss how much they earn that's up to them, but they then have to be prepared to learn that their mate is earning x times more than them. Some players will just command more than others - life isn't fair & they all cant be on the same wage.

Also the length of contract & any add-ons / extensions etc are negotiated by their agent - perhaps we offered Holmes a longer contract or a year's extension & perhaps his agent told them its 2 years or nothing.
    Not sure I'd be thrilled with someone only slightly more "established" than I was at work earning an alleged 24 times what I did - think I'd be demanding more / moving on pretty quick.

As k&f says, would make maintaining team spirit very difficult.

Not that I blame Tex for getting as much he could bleed from Katrien, of course.

They are going to be very good this season.
    Unless they don't get along and end up in a riot with one another.
  • Sponsored links:

• Heard Holmes could resist the lure of the Belgium pro league and is off to STVV....
  • edited June 2017
    Ricky Miller (Peterborough) has been banned for the first six matches of the season after biting an opponent between Dover and Guiseley last season - His reason for the act was to try and get out of a headlock that he'd been put into by the Guiseley player.
  • Ricky Miller (Peterborough) has been banned for the first six months of the season after biting an opponent between Dover and Guiseley last season - His reason for the act was to try and get out of a headlock that he'd been put into by the Guiseley player.

Six matches right?

• Stewart said:

Ricky Miller (Peterborough) has been banned for the first six months of the season after biting an opponent between Dover and Guiseley last season - His reason for the act was to try and get out of a headlock that he'd been put into by the Guiseley player.

Six matches right?

Cheers... Was on autopilot
  • Stewart said:

Thought 6 months was a bit harsh.

Have to admit would have been brilliant had they accepted our £250k deal from us then just as the Contracts were signed for the Peterborough Chairman to say: Oh by the way he's banned for the next six months, thanks for the cash
  • Ricky Miller (Peterborough) has been banned for the first six matches of the season after biting an opponent between Dover and Guiseley

Most people refer to that area as the gooch
    Brilliant.
  • Ricky Miller (Peterborough) has been banned for the first six matches of the season after biting an opponent between Dover and Guiseley

Most people refer to that area as the gooch
    That has done me, I'm sitting in my van with tears in my eyes.