Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• vff said:
    Just before everybody starts freaking out this is written about the one rumour made by a joke of a 'transfer site.' As of yet no credible source is reporting Holmes to Sheffield Utd as even close.
  • He is out of contract therefore we have been able to do this since January. Why oh why is it still dragging?
  • vff said:
    Mmm,wonder if it's true and its being kept quiet until we maybe sign Reeves,good news\bad news
    More commonly known as a sh*t sandwich. :-)
  • Swisdom said:

He is out of contract therefore we have been able to do this since January. Why oh why is it still dragging?

If Football Manager has taught me anything, it is that you can only negotiate a contract with a domestic player within a month of their contract expiring.
  • I reckon Holmes gone by end of weekend
  • Maddison's agent says he only wants to go to the Championship. So we ain't getting him.

Time to move on.
  • edited June 2017
    I expect Harry Forrester is more likely to be the realistic replacement that's lined up in case Holmes leaves (instead of Maddison).

Hopefully the club reach an agreement with Holmes and we don't need to look elsewhere.

What happens will show us whether the board have really learnt from their mistakes or whether they are still stupid enough to sell their best player in the form of their career for a few hundred thousand (i.e. Yann) even though they know a sum like that will buy us v.little in terms of a replacement.
  • I expect Harry Forrester is more likely to be the realistic replacement that's lined up in case Holmes leaves (instead of Maddison).

Hopefully the club reach an agreement with Holmes and we don't need to look elsewhere.

What happens will show us whether the board have really learnt from their mistakes or whether they are still stupid enough to sell their best player in the form of their career for a few hundred thousand (i.e. Yann) even though they know a sum like that will buy us v.little in terms of a replacement.

Would be happy with Forrester!
  • Swisdom said:

He is out of contract therefore we have been able to do this since January. Why oh why is it still dragging?

Because Katrien Meire.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2017
    Transfer talk: Are Charlton Athletic interested in signing Southend United midfielder?

That just popped up on Twitter, but am not going to click the link sorry.
  • Scoham said:
    sounds ominous - he doesn't sound very confident that he is 100% staying. Sounds like if the price is right then he will go. F'ing ridiculous
  • cfgs said:

Transfer talk: Are Charlton Athletic interested in signing Southend United midfielder?

Quality player - my uncle and cousins are Southend fans, and said he's a solid 8/10 every game. Always puts a shift in, and has a bit of quality on the ball too
  • tgarrat1 said:

cfgs said:

Quality player - my uncle and cousins are Southend fans, and said he's a solid 8/10 every game. Always puts a shift in, and has a bit of quality on the ball too
    Who is it though? My knowledge of Southend stops at visits to Roots Hall and knowing they have the longest pier in the World.
  • Probably Ryan Leonard but Millwall are keen on him.
  • Hopefully it would be Anthony Wordsworth
  • Probably Ryan Leonard but Millwall are keen on him.

He's the player alongside Holmes who Wilder spoke about recently too.
  • Holmes will leave.
  • "robroy">Surely Holmes is wanting to try the Championship, he won't want to retire and think 'what could have been. I will be gutted if he left, but I think he will want to see if he can play at that level.
    If Holmes wants to try the Championship then he should sign a new contract and get his head down and ensure his performances help the club reach that target. Hopefully with a couple more decent signings we can get off to a good start (instead of playing catch up) and make a move for the top. That way he will get his wish and maybe Roland will then decide enough is enough and be able to sell and get nearer the figure the greedy bas---- wants and we can have a double celebration.

• Wordsworth always has been a classy player. His career was put on hold because of a very serious back injury however he certainly helped pull the strings against us last season. A wand of a left foot and dare I say it I number 10 type of player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Wordsworth always has been a classy player. His career was put on hold because of a very serious back injury however he certainly helped pull the strings against us last season. A wand of a left foot and dare I say it I number 10 type of player.

I've wanted Wordsworth for a long time was a shame when he went to Ipswich as hoped we'd sign him back then, will never forget his goal against us when we won the League; Colchester came to the Valley that March Tuesday night, it was because of him and the goal that he scored that we lost at home for the first time that season.

Found it ironic we lasted so long without losing at home because we went on to lose 4-2 at home to Notts County in the very next match in what was one of the worst 45-mins I've ever seen, was definitely Chris Powell's worst as Manager!!
  • cfgs said:

If he's anything like Francis and McCormack, we'll be fine
  • sarge1g said:

"robroy">Surely Holmes is wanting to try the Championship, he won't want to retire and think 'what could have been. I will be gutted if he left, but I think he will want to see if he can play at that level.
    If Holmes wants to try the Championship then he should sign a new contract and get his head down and ensure his performances help the club reach that target. Hopefully with a couple more decent signings we can get off to a good start (instead of playing catch up) and make a move for the top. That way he will get his wish and maybe Roland will then decide enough is enough and be able to sell and get nearer the figure the greedy bas---- wants and we can have a double celebration.

Holmes is not getting any younger, he has a chance NOW to join the Championship. There is no guarantee that we will get promoted this season. I would love for him to stay, but I would be tempted if I was Holmes.
    colthe3rd said:

Should lock himself up in the kit room for the season the useless shite.
    Nice comeback potts.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Scoham said:
    sounds ominous - he doesn't sound very confident that he is 100% staying. Sounds like if the price is right then he will go. F'ing ridiculous
    But if the price is right we should sell him. Ignoring what the player wants, if the offer is big enough we should sell him!
  • Selling Holmes is worth absolutely nothing to the club.
    Roland pockets a million, Stewart signs on a free.

Holmes will stay though.
  • This is what happens when you let players get into the last year of their contract. I think we'll sell him before the end of the season.
  • tgarrat1 said:

Scoham said:
    But if the price is right we should sell him. Ignoring what the player wants, if the offer is big enough we should sell him!
    He is worth more to the team than any transfer fee - unless it was something silly like £2m. Apart from being our top goal scorer last season & the main playmaker he puts bums on seat - certainly mine & Golfie jnr.

We know RD wont give KR the money we get for him to replace him - we might have the wingers o create the chances but we still don't have someone to put that final ball into the onion bag.