Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    the Everton fella made spongefoot look like he had a powerful shot and made Bradley Allen look like Duncan Ferguson

one of the worst loans we've had (and he has some competition) as you can probably tell, it's a no from me
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

sam3110 said:

I reckon we need to sell Watt, Ajose, Novak, Teixeira

Sign Martin, Marshall, Clarke, RB, LB, CM, CAM, LW, RW, ST minimum

Phillips, Martin
    Solly, RB
    Page, LB
    Bauer, Pearce, Konsa, Lennon, Sarr
    Crofts, Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Jackson, CM, CAM
    Holmes, Marshall, Clarke, Ceballos LW, RW
    Magennis, Vetokele, ST

Umerah, Hanlan, Dijksteel, Beeney, Barnes all to get squad time too

Not a title winning squad though, we'd need 20 signings for that

I reckon we will see
    Martin
    Marshall (hopefully)
    Dasilva
    Mavididi
    Ben reeves (hopefully)
    Nathan Thompson
    Marcus Maddison (dream world )
    Liam Lindsay (maybe)
    Playing for the opposition?
  • Options

the Everton fella made spongefoot look like he had a powerful shot and made Bradley Allen look like Duncan Ferguson

one of the worst loans we've had (and he has some competition) as you can probably tell, it's a no from me

Dunno looked like he'd improved his technique when he visited the Valley with Oxford last season...
    Shat all over us last season
  • Options
    Sanogo was paid 4 million in 4 years at Arsenal, played 11 games and scored 1 goal!!!!

Looked awful form what I remember, would have Mavididi instead all day long.
  • Options

I see Yaya Sonogo released by Arsenal and Conor Macaleney (sorry about the spelling)released by Everton,two old loanees available. Both of course set the world on fire at the Valley.

McAleny I'd consider at this level as he's not done badly with Wigan | Oxford (almost like a Kerkar signing)

Sonogo is a no from me definitely
    McAleny got 10 goals for Oxford in 18 appearances (14 starts) since he joined on loan in January. It helps when you play him as a central striker, and not as a replacement for the loaned out Harriott (another bizarre decision)
  • Options

I see Yaya Sonogo released by Arsenal and Conor Macaleney (sorry about the spelling)released by Everton,two old loanees available. Both of course set the world on fire at the Valley.

McAleny I'd consider at this level as he's not done badly with Wigan | Oxford (almost like a Kerkar signing)

Sonogo is a no from me definitely
    McAleny got 10 goals for Oxford in 18 appearances (14 starts) since he joined on loan in January. It helps when you play him as a central striker, and not as a replacement for the loaned out Harriott (another bizarre decision)
    Funnily Oxford have offered McAleny a Contract...
  • Options

Anyone believe Katrien Meire even knows or cares what a number ten is?

Probably knows what a number 69 is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dizzle said:

That kit is shit though

and Katrien is equally as shit

The kit is not that bad.
  • Options
    Not a rumour but if we don't manage to get Marshall and a couple of other targets, maybe Lloyd Isgrove, released from Southampton would be decent signing.

Really hope we get Reeves and Marshall but we shall see. Just throwing another name out there.
  • Options
    Sage said:

Not a rumour but if we don't manage to get Marshall and a couple of other targets, maybe Lloyd Isgrove, released from Southampton would be decent signing.

Really hope we get Reeves and Marshall but we shall see. Just throwing another name out there.

He was excellent for Barnsley! And Barnsley have just sold Marley Watkins to Norwich so maybe he might go there again! Would be a great signing for us though
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Sanogo was paid 4 million in 4 years at Arsenal, played 11 games and scored 1 goal!!!!

This sort of thing really grates on me. It's amazing that someone who has had such a poor career to date (no disrespect) can earn that sort of money. Really irks me
    Completely agree, explains why youngsters are quick to move to a big club - get signed at 18, earn 4mil, get released at 22 while still young enough for another go at a lower level, and if it doesn't work out again you have still earned enough money to never have to find a proper job.
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Sage said:

He was excellent for Barnsley! And Barnsley have just sold Marley Watkins to Norwich so maybe he might go there again! Would be a great signing for us though
    Which is what made me think he would be decent for us. Can play either side, came through a good academy, got good football league experience and proven to have done well in League One, getting promoted in the process.

Maybe he would go to Barnsley instead, but rather than us just focusing on the targets mentioned, it's worth thinking a little more outside the box.
  • Options

Had a really good game at Brentford. Smashed a great shot against the bar and caused them a lot of problems. I'd have him back like a shot (even though he was a c*nt v MK) but he'll go somewhere higher up than Charlton.
  • Options
    Peter Whittingham signing for Blackburn on a free.
  • Options

Good signing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

I reckon we need to sell Watt, Ajose, Novak, Teixeira

Sign Martin, Marshall, Clarke, RB, LB, CM, CAM, LW, RW, ST minimum

Phillips, Martin
    Solly, RB
    Page, LB
    Bauer, Pearce, Konsa, Lennon, Sarr
    Crofts, Forster-Caskey, Aribo, Jackson, CM, CAM
    Holmes, Marshall, Clarke, Ceballos LW, RW
    Magennis, Vetokele, ST

Umerah, Hanlan, Dijksteel, Beeney, Barnes all to get squad time too

Not a title winning squad though, we'd need 20 signings for that

Frothing at the bunghole
  • Options
    Macronate said:

Good signing.
    An excellent signing for a L1 club, only 32
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Ignore, go on Twitter and check out the #cafc to see the Peterborough chairman saying we can't afford Maddison.
  • Options

I guess the double negative is unintentional..

• Options
    MacAnthony does seem to answer any question that he is asked on Twitter, good to see an owner being so open with fans.
  • Options

MacAnthony does seem to answer any question that he is asked on Twitter, good to see an owner being so open with fans.

He is a very open person...Makes a change, and he also cares about his club.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

MacAnthony does seem to answer any question that he is asked on Twitter, good to see an owner.

• Options
    cabbles said:

This sort of thing really grates on me. It's amazing that someone who has had such a poor career to date (no disrespect) can earn that sort of money. Really irks me
    The agent is a footballer's best friend.