Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    Think it's crazy that any player coming in (that the manager really wants) hasn't had proper dialogue, meetings etc to talk the visions and projects.

See Chris Powell circa 2011.
  • Options

I can see why this makes people feel uneasy about how recruitment is managed given the regimes appalling track record and the spin from Meire about "our first choice in this position" (why is the CEO telling us this not the manager?).

But it's one comment from a player. Tarbuck has seen him play at least twice this season v MK Dons and us and most likely other times live and on TV.

I think you under estimate this Henry, especially the history of the past few years of an unhappy and divided dressing room.

I'd never employ someone without meeting them, they may have a great CV and I may have seen them in action but I want to know how the will fit in with the other characters in the department, will there be major clashes, will they and A N Other just not get on etc etc.

I smell a rat here, either Robinson just doesn't really give a hoot (I don't believe that), is incompetent (I don't believe that either) or something else is at play.

By the way has Jacko and Bowyer been officially announced yet? I heard about Bowyer probably a month ago now in that he'd been offered the assistant managers job....... remember Robinsons rather strange interview at the end of the season??.........
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I can see why this makes people feel uneasy about how recruitment is managed given the regimes appalling track record and the spin from Meire about "our first choice in this position" (why is the CEO telling us this not the manager?).

But it's one comment from a player. Tarbuck has seen him play at least twice this season v MK Dons and us and most likely other times live and on TV.

I think you under estimate this Henry, especially the history of the past few years of an unhappy and divided dressing room.

I'd never employ someone without meeting them, they may have a great CV and I may have seen them in action but I want to know how the will fit in with the other characters in the department, will there be major clashes, will they and A N Other just not get on etc etc.

I smell a rat here, either Robinson just doesn't really give a hoot (I don't believe that), is incompetent (I don't believe that either) or something else is at play.

By the way has Jacko and Bowyer been officially announced yet? I heard about Bowyer probably a month ago now in that he'd been offered the assistant managers job....... remember Robinsons rather strange interview at the end of the season??.........
    Something is definitely happening behind the scenes just don't know what ?

• Options
    What do you think dickplumb
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

Rob7Lee said:

There may be trouble ahead...
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    All these something is happening comments, are they hopefull conjecture or based on any rumour? I have had the hope crushed out of me by this regime.
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

Rob7Lee said:

There may be trouble ahead...
    Can't get much worse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

All these something is happening comments, are they hopefull conjecture or based on any rumour? I have had the hope crushed out of me by this regime.

Well 24th May KR talked about Bowyer being on holiday and announcement being made when he was back.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24629/charlton-boss-not-ready-yet-confirm-lee-bowyer-appointment/

On the other hand why would we be signing a player if something was happening?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

cfgs said:

Well 24th May KR talked about Bowyer being on holiday and announcement being made when he was back.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/24629/charlton-boss-not-ready-yet-confirm-lee-bowyer-appointment/

On the other hand why would we be signing a player if something was happening?
    To keep up the pretence that all is tickety boo & we're on schedule for automatic promotion back to the Championship...

Oh, and they're DESPERATE to to sell another season ticket or two !
  • Options
    Saw the advert in Freeads myself ' Good money paid for No.10' Billy was first off the mark and deserves the chance, Welcome to the club Billy, very fast
  • Options

Feckin hell !

I REALLY hope something is happening behind the scenes !

@Fanny Fanackapan that comment really tickled me haha
  • Options
    Just been told by my Fleetwood mate that Ball has rejected a new deal with them.
  • Options
    I'll grant you that the lack of activity regarding Jackson and Bowyer and only one signing arriving despite the razzmatazz of doing business early is odd but I'm not sure I buy into anything much of interest to us going on behind the scenes. I think we can rule out a sale at this point so what else of significance could it be ?

My guess is that it's just a repeat of previous years when penny pinching and incompetence in getting deals done and bravado by the club in doing so are being realised.

Add to the general poor club/fan communications and I think we have the answer. It's odd. But everything the club does is odd.
  • Options
    Players are in for fitness tests, management are back from holidays. I think things will ramp up this week - not just for us but in general
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Of course, we may well have "signed" some players, but cannot announce them until their contracts expire and they can sign on a Bosman. Marshall, Reeves, Ball, and others could all come under this category?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Of course, we may well have "signed" some players, but cannot announce them until their contracts expire and they can sign on a Bosman. Marshall, Reeves, Ball, and others could all come under this category?

You can announce them at any time, look at Solanke at Liverpool for instance
  • Options
    If you go by the rules on Football Manager, you can officially talk to them 1 month before their contract expires which would mean you could sign them end of May onwards.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Pedro45 said:

You can, with agreement, but often they are not. And I doubt very much that we will or could sign any or all of the above - it's just that these are players who "could" be announced on 1st July under such an arrangement..
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

sam3110 said:

Pedro45 said:

You can, with agreement, but often they are not. And I doubt very much that we will or could sign any or all of the above - it's just that these are players who "could" be announced on 1st July under such an arrangement..
    There's no way in hell we'd be holding out until the 1st to announce signings, and why would the team the player in question is leaving care when it's announced? They'll already have announced what players are leaving at the end of their contracts. We'll sign 2 players this week IMO, and both will be underwhelming names to some, and will get slagged off by a few before kicking a ball in anger
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

sam3110 said:

Pedro45 said:

that makes no sense, surely you would announce as soon as they had signed? As far as I'm aware you don't need the agreement of their current club as they are signing a contract dated 01 July and their old contract expires on 30 June.

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Players are in for fitness tests, management are back from holidays. I think things will ramp up this week - not just for us but in general

What like selling anybody half decent and ending up with a worse squad than last year.

• Options
    our turnover will contract again. Our fixed overheads will remain the same. Money is actually being spent on the training ground. No "savings" from players sold or released (wages). A repeated statement that we will not make losses on the scale of last seasons again. Things may 'ramp up' but not to a point of having a squad capable of promotion (unless the statement on repeating losses is a lie to try to keep other clubs expectations on what we will pay in check - possible but I think, unlikely).