Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Options
    IT_Andy said:

Cetainly starting to get concerned about our transfer activity when Robinson seems happy to give Ajose another chance.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/25638/charlton-boss-message-striker-ajose-ended-last-season-loan-swindon/

Perhaps Ajose does deserve another crack but being more cynical, I think his transfers are not coming off and money is becoming an issue.

12 goals in a season isn't that bad !
  • Options

sam3110 said:

Milton Keynes Dons
    Bowditch Dean Peter
    Burns Charlie Peter John
    (o) Lewington Dean Scott
    Martin David Edward
    Maynard Nicholas David
    Powell Daniel
    (o) Reeves Benjamin Neil
    Tshimanga Kabongo

Our shopping list then

pretty sure Daniel Powell has signed for someone else, Lewington has accepted new terms

Yeah Northampton Town
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

dizzee said:
    I have always rated him but we have a surfeit of centre half's.
    But he's only 19 and while we have a lot of CBs, as mentioned above I fully expect Tex and Bauer to leave (and don't blame them one bit). That leaves us Konsa, Lennon, and Pearce (am I forgetting someone?). And I think Konsa is one good offer away from being sold.

Are Bowery or Yao at Thomas' level in your opinion? Would any of the three be on the fringes of the team next year?

I can't help but feel like signing him to a 1-year deal (assuming he'd take it) and, worst case scenario, loaning him out again would have been the better move. Given Wigan are interested, it seems to me he might have been able to get a loan in the football league. And if not, he could have played in the cups. I know it's always easy to second guess with players at 18/9.
  • Options
    And he hasn't got close to the first team and we have a 30+ player with three years left on the combined salary of the rest of the defense!
  • Options

I suspect that Thomas was released more because he was out of contract than because he was no good. Ditto Mitov and Chicksen. They want to cut the wage bill and so anyone they can shift is gone.

I can't imagine Thomas's wages were very much. He probably earns in a year what Tex earns in a month (or something like that)!

I assume that KR genuinely doesn't rate him. Different clubs and coaches can rate players differently, we've picked up young players that other "similar" clubs have released, so it's a normal process in football
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

dizzee said:
    But he's only 19 and while we have a lot of CBs, as mentioned above I fully expect Tex and Bauer to leave (and don't blame them one bit). That leaves us Konsa, Lennon, and Pearce (am I forgetting someone?). And I think Konsa is one good offer away from being sold.

Are Bowery or Yao at Thomas' level in your opinion? Would any of the three be on the fringes of the team next year?

I can't help but feel like signing him to a 1-year deal (assuming he'd take it) and, worst case scenario, loaning him out again would have been the better move. Given Wigan are interested, it seems to me he might have been able to get a loan in the football league. And if not, he could have played in the cups. I know it's always easy to second guess with players at 18/9.
    Sarr.

God help us.
  • Options
    Beardface said:

SDAddick said:

dickplumb said:

dizzee said:

Sarr.

God help us.
    Is that oxygen thief STILL on the payroll?!
  • Options
    Lewis Page slipped over during the off season and won't be ready for the start of season. No senior left backs available
  • Options
    Most exciting close season ever?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

They haven't flogged a star yet.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

They haven't flogged sarr yet.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

They haven't flogged a star yet.
    We ain't got any 'Stars' left cos they've been flogged
  • Options
    Lewis Page is the new Cory Gibbs.
  • Options
    What came first, the Chicksen or the leg?
  • Options

What came first, the Chicksen or the leg?

Ohh god. Please don't start all that again!
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

I'm assuming we've done all the prep and KR just needed to speak to him rather than meet him and interview him.
    Doesn't sound to me like a player forced upon him - I believe it's KRs choice of player

Hire many people after a 10 minute chat on the phone?
    If their career was on tv every week, is seen him play agai st me many times and I'd tried to recruit him previously then it's safe to say I'd already know a fair bit about him.

If he was signing from some noddy 3rd rate Belgian team I'd question it
    Can't see you questioning much about our glorious leaders.
    Can't see you changing that record any time soon.

Yep, all the time you keep spouting pro regime bollocks I'll keep posting. How's Target 20k going? Any good meetings lately?
    Loads. We were going to give you "Supporter of the year" for your unwavering support not to mention your dazzling wit, original retorts and general awesomeness. Sadly you were pipped at the post.

• Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

I'm assuming we've done all the prep and KR just needed to speak to him rather than meet him and interview him.
    Doesn't sound to me like a player forced upon him - I believe it's KRs choice of player

If their career was on tv every week, is seen him play agai st me many times and I'd tried to recruit him previously then it's safe to say I'd already know a fair bit about him.

Yep, all the time you keep spouting pro regime bollocks I'll keep posting. How's Target 20k going? Any good meetings lately?
    Incidentally a number of people have commented that Clarke is KRs man but it just seems me you pull up. I'm starting to wonder if you fancy me. Sorry sugar tits - I'm happily married
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Loads. We were going to give you "Supporter of the year" for your unwavering support not to mention your dazzling wit, original retorts and general awesomeness. Sadly you were pipped at the post.

By who? You?
  • Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

By who? You?
    It went to someone deserving - look on the website for more info.

• Options
    Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Incidentally a number of people have commented that Clarke is KRs man but it just seems me you pull up. I'm starting to wonder if you fancy me. Sorry sugar tits - I'm happily married
    Gutted. I always go for the most consistent, blatant, regime arse licking sycophants.
    Bravo.

Quite how my comment classifies as that is beyond me but you got some lols for it so you can feel good about life there with your head up your own arse.

It's pretty obvious KR has scouted him, Gallen has presumably done the donkey work so the phone call is more about courtesy than anything. Otherwise there's no point in Gallen being involved. You don't buy a dog and bark yourself

• Options
    Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Nug said:

Swisdom said:

Gutted. I always go for the most consistent, blatant, regime arse licking sycophants.
    Bravo.

Quite how my comment classifies as that is beyond me but you got some lols for it so you can feel good about life there with your head up your own arse.

It's pretty obvious KR has scouted him, Gallen has presumably done the donkey work so the phone call is more about courtesy than anything. Otherwise there's no point in Gallen being involved. You don't buy a dog and bark yourself

RD has.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

FFS you two.... get a room. The sexual tension is unbearable!!!

Swisdom deserves it!
  • Options

Taxi_Lad said:

FFS you two.... get a room. The sexual tension is unbearable!!!

Swisdom deserves it!
    Who put 50p in you?