Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• John Akinde being linked.
  • any mention of a fee for TWWW (undisclosed or otherwise), or is it a loan with a view to a purchase after a tear , or the same as Tex & Cebllos and we basically gave them our player.

I would say its a give away and we are happy to get his wages off our books.
    wtf ??? In the last month we have simply given away 3 players, losing around £3m - 5m in transfer fees !! And KR says we can't afford a decent striker. Our CEO needs lynching.
    I don't think we could have got a fee for Watt. If we paid his contract up, then that is ridiculous, but I don't mind if he left on a free.
    I doubt we received much of a fee and I very much doubt his new Club would have been able to match his weekly wage with us meaning we'd have to make up the shortfall.

• any mention of a fee for TWWW (undisclosed or otherwise), or is it a loan with a view to a purchase after a tear , or the same as Tex & Cebllos and we basically gave them our player.

wtf ??? In the last month we have simply given away 3 players, losing around £3m - 5m in transfer fees !! And KR says we can't afford a decent striker. Our CEO needs lynching.
    I don't think we could have got a fee for Watt. If we paid his contract up, then that is ridiculous, but I don't mind if he left on a free.
    I don't think it's very likely that a second tier club in Belgium will be paying Watt the wages he was on at Charlton, so it's highly likely he's yet another pay-as-you-go departure.

I don't think it's very likely that a second tier club in Belgium will be paying Watt the wages he was on at Charlton, so it's highly likely he's yet another pay-as-you-go departure.
    then thats idiotic. It was only last week or 2 weeks ago that Robinson said there was interest in Watt but it had to be best for the club. How can paying off someone be best for the club. All for letting him go on a free, and it would then be up to him to negotiate his next deal.

I am not doubting the fact we paid him off, just think it's ridiculous. To be honest, should not be surprised at all.

• I wonder which 1/3rd of Akinde we'll be getting for our £300k then :smirk:
  • HarryLime said:

John Akinde being linked.

Marvelous, is this the fella that in 40 odd games at League One level has scored 3 goals.
    Just what we want
    Thanks Roland
    I think he's a much better player than when he last played in League 1 though. Not sure if I want him, but if they want 1 million then its not going to happen anyway.
  • HarryLime said:

John Akinde being linked.

Marvelous, is this the fella that in 40 odd games at League One level has scored 3 goals.
    No
  • Sponsored links:

I am looking at it that we are trimming the books for a sale.

its the hope that kills you.

then thats idiotic. It was only last week or 2 weeks ago that Robinson said there was interest in Watt but it had to be best for the club. How can paying off someone be best for the club. All for letting him go on a free, and it would then be up to him to negotiate his next deal.

I am not doubting the fact we paid him off, just think it's ridiculous. To be honest, should not be surprised at all.

but he wouldn't accept us letting him go on a free unless he can find a Club to match his wages. When he can't then we have to sweeten the deal. When Robinson says it has to be best for the Club it means taking the most financially acceptable deal, ie the one that saves us the most money over the course of the season. Remember, although we have had to sweeten the deal it will still be saving the Club some money. At least it should but with KM in charge that shouldn't be taken as a given.
  • edited August 2017
    Yes. It is.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/john-akinde/leistungsdaten/spieler/69749

Competition---Games -Goals-Assists-Yel--Y/R--R--Minutes
    Total---------306----111---39---48---1---1---21.140'
    League Two-----130----56---11----22---0---0---9.893'
    National League--88----48---19----18---1---0---7.500'
    League One-----48 -----3----7-----3---0---1---2.213'
    Championship---16-----1----0-----2---0---0--- 465'
    FA Cup---------12-----1----0-----1---0----0---477'
    EFL Cup---------8-----2 ----1-----1---0---0---396'
    EFL Trophy------4------0----1-----1---0---0---196'

I absolutely think he's worth a contract btw. When He was at Crawley I saw him a couple of times, his play was hardworking, but he was often stuck up top on his own and the attack would breakdown before he was supported.
  • shit--a kid---injured---dirt cheap----the pool we fish in is bottomless.
  • Dazzler21 said:

he was often stuck up top on his own and the attack would breakdown before he was supported.

Perfect fit for us then!!
  • His record at league 2 is obviously quite good and you never know that if we sign him, he could step up and keep his form in League 1.

Never seen him play, he looks like a bit of a unit and probably a handful in the air but is he any good with his feet? quick off the mark?

I wont knock a player until seeing him play so if he signs, hopefully he can do the business! If i was KR though, I would be knocking the door of KM/RD to sign Grigg if he is available!
  • ross1 said:

Did we actually pay a fee for Watt?, it was rumoured that we (RD) stitched SL up, by getting him on a free before selling the club

We probably paid Roland a fee.

but he wouldn't accept us letting him go on a free unless he can find a Club to match his wages. When he can't then we have to sweeten the deal. When Robinson says it has to be best for the Club it means taking the most financially acceptable deal, ie the one that saves us the most money over the course of the season. Remember, although we have had to sweeten the deal it will still be saving the Club some money. At least it should but with KM in charge that shouldn't be taken as a given.
    All thats just hearsay I guess, we don't know how much we paid him. But I don't see the point in paying someone off when they are in the last year of their contract.

If he couldn't find a club to match his wages, then he should have sat in the reserve or lowered his demands.
  • Good luck with negotiating a contract with his mum. She a nightmare apparently and partially the reason why Barnet still have him there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good luck with negotiating a contract with his mum. She a nightmare apparently and partially the reason why Barnet still have him there.

This is starting to have all the hallmarks of one of our late transfer window signings.
    May I be the first to say 'Welcome John' and congratulations on your 5 year contract
  • shit--a kid---injured---dirt cheap----the pool we fish in is bottomless.

Hey Goonerhater, i suggest we fish in a cold dirty puddle of muck no deeper than a half inch, sort of akin to one of the smaller pot holes in the West Stand car park, judging by our network captures...
  • I think it's perfectly simple.

Either Katrien and Robinson persuede Duchatelet that we need to stretch the budget to include a Goalscorer or we stay in division one for another season regardless of how pleasing our football is on the eye.

I would love to see another, effective, striker come in but don't agree it is that cut and dried.

With 4231 we only play one striker.

Big Mag has taken time to get 100% fit after injuries and I think he may have been rushed back but he can do a very good job when fully fit.

Novak has one more game in his suspension.

Unless we can find a big improvement on those two then what is the point?

A loan from a prem or Championship club seems the most likely IMO and they maybe good enough.

But this is, when everyone is available, still a strong league 1 first XI imo

It's not the all conquerering side that will bull-doze every team it plays that some claimed after Ipswich and Bristol Rovers.

The problem, as ever, is that they isn't enough depth when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.
    This, an excellent point. We may not have quite enough depth, but we have a lot of quality for this league. Finding someone better than Magennis will be incredibly, incredibly difficult. If we can, great. If not, as you say, find a promising player from a higher division who may not be the finished article but who can come in and provide some intermittent quality when called upon.
  • When I took Barnet from the conference to the Champions League on Championship Manager 14 Akinde was mustard in the first two seasons

Sign him

So he was good in the conference and League 2 on championship manager, don't tell Driesen he will be recommending him to Barca as a replacement for Neymar!
  • SDAddick said:

I think it's perfectly simple.

Either Katrien and Robinson persuede Duchatelet that we need to stretch the budget to include a Goalscorer or we stay in division one for another season regardless of how pleasing our football is on the eye.

I would love to see another, effective, striker come in but don't agree it is that cut and dried.

With 4231 we only play one striker.

Big Mag has taken time to get 100% fit after injuries and I think he may have been rushed back but he can do a very good job when fully fit.

Novak has one more game in his suspension.

Unless we can find a big improvement on those two then what is the point?

A loan from a prem or Championship club seems the most likely IMO and they maybe good enough.

But this is, when everyone is available, still a strong league 1 first XI imo

It's not the all conquerering side that will bull-doze every team it plays that some claimed after Ipswich and Bristol Rovers.

The problem, as ever, is that they isn't enough depth when the inevitable injuries and suspensions kick in.
    This, an excellent point. We may not have quite enough depth, but we have a lot of quality for this league. Finding someone better than Magennis will be incredibly, incredibly difficult. If we can, great. If not, as you say, find a promising player from a higher division who may not be the finished article but who can come in and provide some intermittent quality when called upon.
    That would be OK but I think the general opinion is that Magennis is not prolific enough to get us out of the division.

If we were playing two up top then he would be fine as the target man if you like. He is a decent player and capable of contributing. He could be our Yann, although nowhere near as good. We would still need the goalscorer, the BWP. I think this was our thoughts last summer, but Ajose didn't work.

As we are going to play 1 striker, we are going to need someone who can play on his own, requiring a lot of fitness, physicality and someone who scores. I'm not many of those exist at our level, and certainly not for 300k