Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• The question we should be asking is why has a player such as Godden not been picked up before. He was almost playing on our doorstep, does the scouting system not stretch as far as Ebbsfleet ? Stevenage should not have been his first step up, he surely would have jumped at the chance to join us. Good luck Tony, think that you have missed a great chance to become a hero at CAFC, another player with a touch of Clive Mendonca and Derek Hales is going to be hard to find.
  • 300k? We need a miracle.

And I wonder if the injury to Mavididi might have put some of the big clubs off Charlton as a destination for their youngsters?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2017
    The only possibility appears to be a punt on a premiership loan of a promising but unproven young player. Sometimes it can work out like DaSilva, but it is a gamble. At least Robinson, will be able to say with hand on heart that there will be space in the team & they will get game time. Not a good situation this far into the season & this close to the transfer window closing.
  • edited August 2017
    you nean its the same situation as last year and so it will go on
  • IF we spend 300k on a striker (we need more than a striker) what is the total estimated cash spend this summer?
    Leave wages and signing on out of it for example, especially because of the wage reduction. Reeves was free for a start.
    How much actual money spent so far?
  • Looking at the squad as it is at the moment the depth of the squad is missing some experienced players to backup the first team if we have any injuries to main players. We need to replace Tex and Watt at the minimum prior to the transfer window closing.
  • Still believe we need a winger, a striker and possibly another centre midfielder.

Kashi is not going to play 46 games, Forster-Caskey is likely to get injured, Jackson should be used as last resort and for experience, I don't feel Crofts is good enough. Obviously this is me being greedy, I don't think we will get another one in.

A striker (possibly 2) and a winger are serious priorities now.
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Haha why does he have found memories, he was shit, we were shit - job done.
    But he isn't shit and that's the problem.

In there is a real footballer one that on his day is a joy to watch

For me the biggest disappointment is that those days are few and far between.

In other words I'd rather watch someone with the skill he posses than a big lump that holds it up but couldn't go past a London bus.

I keep hearing this, but when has he showed there's a footballer in there? All he's done for us is hold the ball by the corner flag and he's lived on that ever since. He's done nothing in a Charlton shirt for me to think 'there's a player in there'
    That's not true, when he first come he was unplayable and the reason we ended up staying up comfortably the year Luzon took over.

I still think he played too deep and was not a team player.

However, if the story is true of him singing "we want Roland out" on the training ground then he's not all bad!
  • Sponsored links:

• Desperately needed a forward already. They also need to get Mag tied down to a new deal asap.
  • The window is still open and before we jump up and down we need to wait and see what happens. The omens are not good but it's still perfectly possible we might get in a striker that can make a difference. If it's true the budget is 300k then we won't be going up. Being out of the top six in January might be the nudge Roland needs to sell up. Silver linings and all that.
  • when negotiating any purchase it would be foolish to tell everyone how much you had to spend, so don't take the £300k as a budget.

but then again it is KM negotiating?
  • Konsa's fee will be earmarked to go towards this season's operating loss.
  • £300k isn't an insignificant amount at this level.

Its not huge either but a lot of other league 1 clubs would like to be able to spend that.

PS remember KR was only allowed 5% of the Lookman money so dont expect the much trailed sale of Konsa to boost Robbo's funds.

I've got no idea how players are valued these days and I guess after we spent a reported £600k on Ajose last season and have had to try and move him on again, suggests KR will have to work within smaller means, but 300k seems too little imo for a striker

I could've swore 300k were the amounts we used to hear for the like of Chris Malkin 20 years ago.

I know we're League one and a lot of clubs don't have money in the lower leagues, but we're going to have to have a hell of a scouting network and that 300k will have to work very hard

I was hoping we were looking at 750k to spend potentially

But then as Airman points out, this is all about minimising losses
  • If we only have a budget of £300k, perhaps Thomas Dreissen can help. Or Tucudean has a decent scoring record in last few years.
  • £300k isn't an insignificant amount at this level.

Its not huge either but a lot of other league 1 clubs would like to be able to spend that.

PS remember KR was only allowed 5% of the Lookman money so dont expect the much trailed sale of Konsa to boost Robbo's funds.

Agree it isn't insignificant but clubs will say "you got 9m for Lookman so we want more" and rightly so imo. They will also know we're desperate for a striker and so will also bump up the price. I don't expect us to sign a proven goalscorer and would imagine it'll be another loan or an unknown from Europe somewhere.

Does anyone know the figure that was spent in the L1 winning season? Appreciate some were frees but I imagine the spending was a lot higher than this and possibly last put together.
  • colthe3rd said:

£300k isn't an insignificant amount at this level.

Agree it isn't insignificant but clubs will say "you got 9m for Lookman so we want more" and rightly so imo. They will also know we're desperate for a striker and so will also bump up the price. I don't expect us to sign a proven goalscorer and would imagine it'll be another loan or an unknown from Europe somewhere.

Does anyone know the figure that was spent in the L1 winning season? Appreciate some were frees but I imagine the spending was a lot higher than this and possibly last put together.
    Powell has said he spent under £1m, which was funded by the Jenkinson fee. Meanwhile, Roland made more than ten times that on Lookman and won't use it for the squad.
  • Sponsored links:

Well I suppose that's better than having the loans and interest payments going up every year.

Based on how people on here wet their pants complaining about the loans and the interest I would have thought they would be delighted that they are keeping them down.
  • We all know it should be WIOTOS but Watt's move doesn't seem to have been announced by either club officially.

KR says he's gone but where? Has the deal been signed off, medical done etc?

it might explain his lack of interest for the Rovers game. If he knew the transfer was going through at the time.

Well I suppose that's better than having the loans and interest payments going up every year.

Based on how people on here wet their pants complaining about the loans and the interest I would have thought they would be delighted that they are keeping them down.
    What Charlton in league one you mean?
  • Might be worth looking abroad - Scandanavia?
  • edited August 2017
    All seems a bit daft to buy, beg or borrow a striker when we already have TWO of our own that could do a decent job......Igor & Ajose. Now, what numpty would loan them out when we only have 2 experienced strikers in Mag & Novak.