Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Swisdom said:

Watt out Grigg in

I don't think there's any chance of getting Grigg. For a start where does Robinson accommodate both Grigg and Magennis ? Unless we revert to 4-4-2 either Grigg or Mag will be pretty unhappy. Sure they would both likely get their chance but I don't see either settling for a bench place. Rotation is fine in the PL but unlikely to satisfy senior league one players.

Godden on the other hand is young and making a step up. He might well settle for a fight for your place contract.

• Looks like he is gone then.

Says a lot when all he will be remembered for is keeping the ball by the corner flag for a couple of minutes.

Be fair. And the goal against Huddersfield.

That said, after his cameo substitute performance last Saturday I'm glad he's going.
    I said at the time i wondered if his seemingly uninterested performance was because he knew he was on his way out, maybe that wasn't far from the truth.
  • J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

Haha why does he have found memories, he was shit, we were shit - job done.
    But he isn't shit and that's the problem.

In there is a real footballer one that on his day is a joy to watch

For me the biggest disappointment is that those days are few and far between.

In other words I'd rather watch someone with the skill he posses than a big lump that holds it up but couldn't go past a London bus.

I keep hearing this, but when has he showed there's a footballer in there? All he's done for us is hold the ball by the corner flag and he's lived on that ever since. He's done nothing in a Charlton shirt for me to think 'there's a player in there'
    That's not true, when he first come he was unplayable and the reason we ended up staying up comfortably the year Luzon took over.

Unplayable, really?? What games were this
  • Doesnt mag play out wide for NI sometimes with Grigg in the middle?
  • Scoham said:
    The team flew to Exeter yesterday. That might be what the story refers to
  • Going by Paul Cook's comments of late over his Wigan squad I seem to recall he wanted rid of Bogle because he didnt fit his system... If so I cant imagine them happily selling another Striker as well.

We're the only team in this country stupid enough to do that
  • I wish all our rubbish would go back to Belgium.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wish him all the best. He has great talent and I hope he makes the best of it. A footballer is a long time retired.

Especially when they retire at 21 like our Tony seems to have.

• I keep hearing this, but when has he showed there's a footballer in there? All he's done for us is hold the ball by the corner flag and he's lived on that ever since. He's done nothing in a Charlton shirt for me to think 'there's a player in there'

That's not true, when he first come he was unplayable and the reason we ended up staying up comfortably the year Luzon took over.

Unplayable, really?? What games were this

Agree with unplayable. Dodgy attitude, unfit and limited on field intelligence. Shame.
  • I genuinely hope Tony Watt doesn't waste the rest of his footballing career. He is a talent, he just needs to find a club to manage him correctly
  • cafcfan said:

but has TWWW left ?? Not seen it confirmed anywhere.

WIOTOS

it's been reported in Belgian media, he clearly didn't travel to Exeter and he has pretty much said goodbye on Social Media, I think he's gone.
    But he clearly did travel to Exeter and played the first 67 minutes.
    Maybe once but not twice :)
  • Swisdom said:

Watt out Grigg in

I don't think there's any chance of getting Grigg. For a start where does Robinson accommodate both Grigg and Magennis ? Unless we revert to 4-4-2 either Grigg or Mag will be pretty unhappy. Sure they would both likely get their chance but I don't see either settling for a bench place. Rotation is fine in the PL but unlikely to satisfy senior league one players.

Godden on the other hand is young and making a step up. He might well settle for a fight for your place contract.

Grigg has proven at this level to be far better than Magennis has and would start.
  • Don't forget, Josh has not signed a new contract yet, so if we get Grigg, he could be off
  • ross1 said:

Don't forget, Josh has not signed a new contract yet, so if we get Grigg, he could be off

From one Ross to another, that's crazy. No way we'd sell big Josh with another year left on his contract
  • Sponsored links:

• If he was happy with Watt going, he would have worded that differently!
  • If he was happy with Watt going, he would have worded that differently!

Precisely
  • cfgs said:
    If he isn't all I can imagine is it's a pride thing. Surely can't be based on performances.
  • colthe3rd said:

cfgs said:
    If he isn't all I can imagine is it's a pride thing. Surely can't be based on performances.
    Or the fact that he found out after a deal was agreed and wasn't consulted, which they have form for. He wants to add and not sell without doing that.
  • He could have said it was the right move for all parties and wish Watt well. By saying what he said, he was basically saying it is better not to comment!
  • KR - “We’re looking to bring in a striker to bring in competitiveness. Josh is a top player, we've got Ricky [Holmes], Tariqe [Fosu], we’ve got some really good offensive players."

So one or no strikers in by the sounds of it
  • edited August 2017

KR - “We’re looking to bring in a striker to bring in competitiveness. Josh is a top player, we've got Ricky [Holmes], Tariqe [Fosu], we’ve got some really good offensive players."

So one or no strikers in by the sounds of it

A statement backed up by today's experience... Well spotted Karl!