Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• seth plum said:

Leuth said:

Magennis isn't good enough? Fucksake

Magennis is going to have a rival in the articulate interview stakes at Charlton, and that threat comes from an emerging Aaron Barnes who interviews very well too.

Andrew Crofts has bagged the 'King of the Cliché' jersey for as long as he wants to stay.

We need another striker but not because Magennis isn't good enough by the way.
    Aaron Barnes Dad is very lucid and eloquent. I have spoken to him many times. Very nice man.

• We desperately need a new striker . If Mag gets injured we will be in trouble .

We desperately need a new striker . If Mag gets injured we will be in trouble .

Disagree. We have Novak and to a lesser extent Watt, we play one up top, remember that.

Would rather see a winger and a goalkeeper brought in.
  • Malvididi in talks with Wigan about a loan deal according to currant bun.
  • dickplumb said:

seth plum said:

Leuth said:

Magennis isn't good enough? Fucksake

Magennis is going to have a rival in the articulate interview stakes at Charlton, and that threat comes from an emerging Aaron Barnes who interviews very well too.

Andrew Crofts has bagged the 'King of the Cliché' jersey for as long as he wants to stay.

We need another striker but not because Magennis isn't good enough by the way.
    Aaron Barnes Dad is very lucid and eloquent. I have spoken to him many times. Very nice man.

Yes indeed. Dr Barnes no less, great company.
  • I'm also wary of one striker particularly at home in his 4-2-3-1. Also we seem very vunerable at set plays. I was worried about our lack of height when Powell rebuilt but it wasn't a problem. We now have only Josh and two CBs over 5'10" unless Konsa or Djickstell play in midfield. A smallish keeper, inexperienced at claiming high crosses. And two rookie coaches who played mostly midfield so don't know the nuances of defending high balls.
  • I'm also wary of one striker particularly at home in his 4-2-3-1. Also we seem very vunerable at set plays. I was worried about our lack of height when Powell rebuilt but it wasn't a problem. We now have only Josh and two CBs over 5'10" unless Konsa or Djickstell play in midfield. A smallish keeper, inexperienced at claiming high crosses. And two rookie coaches who played mostly midfield so don't know the nuances of defending high balls.

How many nuances can there be for defending high balls? I can think of only one - "get your f*cking head on it son!"

Agree with most of what you say,although Jackson despite being a midfielder would come back and defend corners and free kicks so I believe he does know the nuances of defending high balls

How many nuances can there be for defending high balls? I can think of only one - "get your f*cking head on it son!"
    If you only have three players likely to "get your f*cking head on it son!" then you have to have a plan on where to place them, MtM or zonal, is there room for the keeper to claim and many more. If it were that simple, why are we so shit at doing it?

If you only have three players likely to "get your f*cking head on it son!" then you have to have a plan on where to place them, MtM or zonal, is there room for the keeper to claim and many more. If it were that simple, why are we so shit at doing it?
    I was joking...
  • Sponsored links:

• https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-need-to-splash-the-cash-on-this-765k-rated-shot-stopper-to-address-keeper-shortage/

Not even a rumour. Just some guy called Ryan White saying we should buy Chelsea's longest serving player that's never played.
  • https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-need-to-splash-the-cash-on-this-765k-rated-shot-stopper-to-address-keeper-shortage/

Not even a rumour. Just some guy called Ryan White saying we should buy Chelsea's longest serving player that's never played.

He's not played as he can't get a work permit.
  • I'm sure the answer to all our striking problems is to sign a player who has never scored a senior goal...
  • I'm sure the answer to all our striking problems is to sign a player who has never scored a senior goal...

This is my thoughts too, didn't he only show one glimpse of anything good when he made some run or whatever and other than that was pretty anonymous
  • edited July 2017
    Swisdom said:

Malvididi in talks with Wigan about a loan deal according to currant bun.

We've enquiried too but wenger won't release until the end of their tour. He likes to keep his squad together until as near as the end of pre season as possible.
    Then he'll sort a move. Expect news this coming week and I'd hope he joins.

Karl wants him
    Fits in with KR talking about being patient and talking up Novak, he will probably only be allowed to go if a striker comes in (or Watt).
  • When asked about transfers after the Stevenage game Karl Robinson's exact words were:

'I'd like to think we can do something in (sniff), two or three. Errm, we're just working so hard behind the scenes to get, to do so and erm you don't always get what you want in football, have to be a little more patient sometimes'.

Ever heard that before?

After the Greenwich Borough game last week the very first thing Karl Robinson did after shaking hands with the opposition manager was to go straight up to Hackett-Fairchild, hugging him around the shoulder walking off with him and talking to him.

There are interpretations of that, none of them sinister in any way, but there were other good performances in that game too, yet his first instinct was RHF. Robinson has stressed the company line about bringing on the youngsters and it is beginning to look as if barring a goalkeeper, and maybe the forced signing of Stewart for the injured Marshall that our transfer dealings are now over. Robinson also said after Stevenage that he didn't anticipate anybody leaving, but I don't think he was referring to loans.
  • I'd be v.happy with a Gk, Stewart and Mavididi as the 3 we bring in. Barnes can cover the right back role.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited July 2017

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/charlton-athletic-need-to-splash-the-cash-on-this-765k-rated-shot-stopper-to-address-keeper-shortage/

If we were to go for a Chelsea keeper I would prefer Jamal Blackman. Although my real hope is that we might go after Connor Ripley after Randolph's move to Boro.
  • Hackett Fairchild.

Sometimes come the times, comes the man.
  • Perhaps this is the reason we have been holding out on offering a deal to Stewart. If there is only budget for one player in that part of the pitch then Stephy is a better option that Cameron as he can play out wide but can also be 3rd choice in the number 9 role behind Mag and Novak.

I'd be disappointed if we didn't sign Stewart but if we get Mavididi then I think we will have adequate cover in attack.
  • If Mavadidi is the answer what is the question?
  • If Mavadidi is the answer what is the question?

Who could provide decent cover out wide and up front?
    "We wouldn't cost the earth but has unbelievable potential"
  • I think watt is going to play 10 and have a good season. Hope so anyway. We need itCOYR
  • I think watt is going to play 10 and have a good season. Hope so anyway. We need itCOYR

Fosu loomed good at 10 against Stevenage. But wirh Marshall out that leaves Holmes as our only winger.