Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

Solly and Barnes doing that will probably be enough from RDs point of view.
    And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
    This! Getting rid of chicksen was so so stupid
    All about saving and making money rather than player ability. Nothing has changed.
    Don't agree. He's an ordinary League 1 player. I'd rather the money was used for a second right back rather than 3 left backs and 1 right back.
  • Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

Solly and Barnes doing that will probably be enough from RDs point of view.
    And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
    This! Getting rid of chicksen was so so stupid
    Unlike Charlton to put all their eggs in one basket
  • Great stuff.
  • More good news, great signing.
  • JDS was at the training ground yesterday so it is probably safe to say the pic was from then
  • He had a great game at Bradford which probably secured his move.
  • Swisdom said:

JDS was at the training ground yesterday so it is probably safe to say the pic was from then

They've built a replica Valley at the Training Ground then : - )
    I'm told it's not beyond the realms of possibility that he could have been transported from one place to another

Or a trick of the light perhaps

• Proper footballer
  • Sponsored links:

• How tall is Archie ?
  • T.C.E said:

"Archie Edwards" now that is a proper footballers name. ;)

I always liked the name "Albert Quickfall" - played for Sheffield Wednesday and then joined man Utd after the Munich air disaster.
  • edited July 2017

T.C.E said:

I always liked the name "Albert Quickfall" - played for Sheffield Wednesday and then joined man Utd after the Munich air disaster.
    Dont you mean Albert Quixall?
  • Or Quixall
  • Thats right Seth. I thought it didn't look right after I posted it.
  • Yep, sorry, I stand corrected. mixed it up with an ex-colleague's name!

• T.C.E said:

did he get booked for diving a lot ?
  • With the kit being shown this afternoon, I'm praying there is a new player wearing it, wishing thinking but would be good
  • With the kit being shown this afternoon, I'm praying there is a new player wearing it, wishing thinking but would be good

Maybe they will annouce it and the signing of Dasilva at the same time.
  • Sponsored links:

• T.C.E said:

Albert Quickfail could be the next manager.
  • iaitch said:

T.C.E said:

Albert Quickfail could be the next manager.
    No, that's Albert Quickfire!
  • Only Quickdraw and Quicksand (and potentially Quickoffthemark) to go and then we can get this thread back on track. I wish I had not mentioned Albert now.
  • Quixote fits Roland rather well.
  • Not a rumour but those kids that have been in and around the squad but unlikely to feature, need to go on loan rather than U23s. Umerah, Hanlan, Edwards RCC and Lapslie if Gobbo doesn't realise he is better than at least Crofts. If we get a keeper, Beeney. Suspect KAG Djiksteel and Barnes may feature.
  • Martin back training with us according to SLP too.

• Is stewart still training with us?