Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• But Robbo said he only wants players that want to play for Charlton so Reeves obviously doesn't or he would have signed weeks ago
  • ross1 said:

I have read that Reeves, although out of contract, is still training with MK Dons, so should be reasonably fit

Did he go to the continent with them? I remember there were rumors but can't remember what came of it.

It's awkward, it's like breaking up with someone but continuing to live with them.
  • Even 5 or 6k is a lot for a guy yet to show any return on investment.

We could get a couple of solid players in for that
  • edited July 2017
    Swisdom said:

Even 5 or 6k is a lot for a guy yet to show any return on investment.

I assume you mean 5-6 million? (for Konsa)

Heck yeah. We could get James Justin, age 20, at LB for 1 mil, get Lawrence Vigouroux (the best keeper below the Championship) for 1.5 mil and get Ollie Watkins at striker, who is 19 and just won Player of The Year for League Two, for 3.5 mil. Done, done and done.

Would do that all day long. Solves those three positions until at least the year 2025.

• edited July 2017
    Possibly, but you see my point. Hollands played an important role that season and had goals in him. Often important goals. Kashi has a big question mark over him. If I was offered Kashi (as of now) or Hollands as he was then, I'd have Hollands although if Kashi's issues are behind him, I accept he is a better player. I think you can argue Pearce or Bauer for Taylor, but Morrison would be a starter.

I think the league is probably about 10% weaker than it was then with teams like Huddersfiled, Sheff Utd, and Sheff Wed in it but we are proabably 25% weaker and lacking in the goals that that side had.
  • Swisdom said:

Heck yeah. We could get James Justin, age 20, at LB for 1 mil, get Lawrence Vigouroux (the best keeper below the Championship) for 1.5 mil and get Ollie Watkins at striker, who is 19 and just won Player of The Year for League Two, for 3.5 mil. Done, done and done.

Would do that all day long. Solves those three positions until at least the year 2025.

Ollie Watkins signed for Brentford for 1.6M yesterday.
  • Oh Jesus what a steal at that price.
  • Ollie Watkins signed for Brentford? FFS Robbo out muppet :angry:
  • Sponsored links:

• Swisdom said:

Ollie Watkins signed for Brentford for 1.6M yesterday.
    Well, just shift the money over for Marcus Maddisson. =)
  • So we were going to hit the ground running on the transfer front,well we appear to have hit something....a brick wall?
  • But Robbo said he only wants players that want to play for Charlton so Reeves obviously doesn't or he would have signed weeks ago

Maybe he's not holding out. Maybe he's been patiently waiting for us to free up funds to sign him. Time will tell.
  • Next edition:

'Robinson on tablecloths'.
  • Swisdom said:

Hahaha
  • Redhenry said:

Pearce is better than Morrison.

That's why one has spent the peak of his career in League One and the other has almost led two sides to the Championship playoffs in recent years.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Definite @stig's post of the week ? Proper made me laugh that.
  • I'm personally still trying to work out if Pearce is a good player or just has a good record because we played so many crap teams at the end of the season when he came back.
  • I'm personally still trying to work out if Pearce is a good player or just has a good record because we played so many crap teams at the end of the season when he came back.

Those last few games against crap teams and the positivity of KR has led quite a few to think we stand a good chance of promotion. Personally, I just can't see it.

Didn't RD say something about STVV getting into Europe next year? Has he decided to show ambition for them and put everything into them and we are the poor sibling?
  • Redhenry said:

Haha no chance
  • SDAddick said:

ross1 said:

I have read that Reeves, although out of contract, is still training with MK Dons, so should be reasonably fit

Did he go to the continent with them? I remember there were rumors but can't remember what came of it.

It's awkward, it's like breaking up with someone but continuing to live with them.
    According to the MK supporter who came on here a few weeks back Reeves hadn't trained with them before they went away - no idea if he did eventually go with them but I don't think so.

I also don't think Reeves is holding out for a better deal with us as he's hardly in a strong position. He's out of contract & as from next weekend wont be getting paid. As above, KR said he wanted players who wanted to play for the shirt - doesn't seem like Reeves fits this bill anymore & I, for one, wouldn't want him now , even if he was the best player in the league. If we've learnt anything from the past 4 seasons is that if a player doesn't really want to be here then their heart isn't in it & they wont put in 110%. I'd rather a shit player who gives his all than a good player who doesn't give a shit.
  • edited July 2017
    I would rather a better player and a manager who can motivate him than a shit player. Robinson should be able to do that with Reeves to be fair.
  • edited July 2017
    that site is so poor, yet again getting someone's name wrong during the article!

5 in 28 last season in league 1, no thanks.
  • Redhenry said:

That's why one has spent the peak of his career in League One and the other has almost led two sides to the Championship playoffs in recent years.
    Pearce has spent several seasons in the Championship, including 3 seasons with Leeds
  • Possibly, but you see my point. Hollands played an important role that season and had goals in him. Often important goals. Kashi has a big question mark over him. If I was offered Kashi (as of now) or Hollands as he was then, I'd have Hollands although if Kashi's issues are behind him, I accept he is a better player. I think you can argue Pearce or Bauer for Taylor, but Morrison would be a starter.

I think the league is probably about 10% weaker than it was then with teams like Huddersfiled, Sheff Utd, and Sheff Wed in it but we are proabably 25% weaker and lacking in the goals that that side had.

yeah I get your point, completely agree as I made the same point not long before you. This squad was coming along nicely before it seems it's going to be same as before, few decent signings but heavily reliant on youngsters when the injuries/suspensions/lack of form come.

We won't score enough goals so we won't be competitive unless we break all kinds of clean sheet records. Looks unlikely without a LB, RB cover and 1 (still reasonably inexperienced) Keeper.