Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• edited July 2017

Wouldn't really give much consideration to Wright.

Robinson has openly said this week its not a position we are looking at.

We have made a bid for him, the info is from someone I know at Gillingham and 100% accurate.
    In addition to this, there's also the fact his own brother tweeted about him possibly moving to us, so clearly some truth in the rumours.
  • Talking up KAG on OS so that means no striker coming in think we'll be lucky if we get LB and GK no more
  • Wouldn't really give much consideration to Wright.

We have made a bid for him, the info is from someone I know at Gillingham and 100% accurate.
    Unlike Charlton to lie.

• Talking up KAG on OS so that means no striker coming in think we'll be lucky if we get LB and GK no more

Exactly my thought when I saw it.

Or he did a interview post match for the media and the media team have used it to run a story on the OS, it is the same story SLP have as well.
  • I am pretty certain Stewart will sign, despite his crosses not clearing the first man.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I am pretty certain Stewart will sign, despite his crosses not clearing the first man.

I wasn't keen on bringing him in but surely a better option than KAG and probably Fosu.
  • Dazzler21 said:

I am pretty certain Stewart will sign, despite his crosses not clearing the first man.

you can't have been at Welling then, he was superb
    Nope and only had commentary for that one.

In his other appearances he was average.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:

He done really well at welling. I know that's not much to go by but was our best player until he went off
  • If Wright comes then it's another body in so can't argue with it, the question is surely he'd only leave Gillingham if he was guaranteed to start. Can we promise him that? He's not a number 10, and is he any better than Kashi or JFC to play in the '2' in a 4231 formation?

Robinson says he wants two players off each position so Wright would be competing with the likes of Kashi and JFC.
    and Crofts, Aribo, Jackson, Lapslie, Dikjsteel? Thats more like 3 players for that position.
    Crofts - Not good enough to start every game
    Aribo - Only played a handful of games but signs a very good player
    Jackson - Past his best now, any team looking to do well cant not have JJ as starter unfortunately
    Lapslie - Unproven
    Dikjsteel - Unproven

I still feel we need another CM alongside Kashi(Fitness) and JFC.
    Would put JFC in that fitness bracket aswell, he always seems to be injured as well.
  • Nicholas said:

If Wright comes then it's another body in so can't argue with it, the question is surely he'd only leave Gillingham if he was guaranteed to start. Can we promise him that? He's not a number 10, and is he any better than Kashi or JFC to play in the '2' in a 4231 formation?

Robinson says he wants two players off each position so Wright would be competing with the likes of Kashi and JFC.
    and Crofts, Aribo, Jackson, Lapslie, Dikjsteel? Thats more like 3 players for that position.
    Crofts - Not good enough to start every game
    Aribo - Only played a handful of games but signs a very good player
    Jackson - Past his best now, any team looking to do well cant not have JJ as starter unfortunately
    Lapslie - Unproven
    Dikjsteel - Unproven

I still feel we need another CM alongside Kashi(Fitness) and JFC.
    Would put JFC in that fitness bracket aswell, he always seems to be injured as well.
    and when he isn't he's not good enough anyway

• Shouldn't this thread be renamed as the 2017 Existing and New Player discussion thread...
  • cafc4life said:

Dazzler21 said:

He done really well at welling. I know that's not much to go by but was our best player until he went off
    I'd like us to sign Stewart, but then again I remember Danny Green looking like a world beater at Welling.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Haha which fake Twitter Message website did you use ;)
  • edited July 2017
    Couldn't find this on their twitter... but the above image was re-tweeted. :lol:

I have just found the tweeterino page after missing the image signature.

I knew it was either a hack or one of these fake tweet things
  • Nabysarr contract extension until 2025.
    Hahahaha
  • Sponsored links:

• Wouldn't really give much consideration to Wright.

Made a bid?

Or just an enquiry to see if he's available?
    Not quite the same thing.
  • Oggy Red said:

Made a bid?

Either way doesn't it contradict Robinson?
  • Oggy Red said:

Made a bid?

From what I was told, it seems like a cheeky little offer to check their valuation. It was more testing the water, we knew it would be rejected but could check his availability, ie - get lost, or you will have to pay x amount. The bid reached Josh Wright so we could see whether he was interested in coming back.

• I don't think that Stewart or Wright are the answer.
  • dickplumb said:

I don't think that Stewart or Wright are the answer.

I don't know how much Robbo rates Fosu, whether he is 3rd or 4th choice winger, but clearly Holmes and Marshall are the starters. I know we don't want to rely on two, but if Fosu is rated as being capable. then I can't see why Stewart on a free for a year couldn't do a job as a squad player.
    Exactly. As squad players they are fine. Of they were coming in as first choice then may be not. They don't solve our LB GK 10 or striker issues though.