Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• Can breath a sigh of relief in terms of the Left-Back position now.

Really pleased that we've got him back!!
  • Yep, no offense to JJ but great to have a proper left back on board so he can keep some mileage in those legs(that have gone) for super sub appearances
  • Now bring in a keeper and a striker and we can all chill a little
  • What a coincidence. New shirt out today.

Well done Robbo though.
  • edited July 2017

Great signing, another piece in the jigsaw.

Still probably three pieces missing. Hopefully we will find them under the sofa!
  • cafc4life said:

I see we were linked on here recently to Micheal Bostwick from Peterborough . Well he's just signed for Lincoln.

Cafc reaching new levels of ass if Lincoln are signing players ahead of us .

Or we wasn't interested and his agent leaked a storey linking him to us in the hope that the player would get a better gig than Lincoln
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    False alarm, somebody was signing for a special delivery.
    A delivery of party food from Iceland for sue parkes
  • nothing not to like about that signing, excellent stuff.

I suspect Jacko is more pleased that anyone!

I don't know, I'm sure someone will be along to say he's too short or we should be playing our own youth left back Archie Edwards instead.
  • Scoham said:

nothing not to like about that signing, excellent stuff.

I don't know, I'm sure someone will be along to say he's too short or we should be playing our own youth left back Archie Edwards instead.
    Talking of Archie Edwards whats happened to him? He was meant to be the next one to come through but seems to have not progressed.
  • Scoham said:

nothing not to like about that signing, excellent stuff.

Doubt it.
    Da Silva is England under 19 captain and is a quality signing for this level.
    Nothing not to like.
  • With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...
  • The pictures are definitely not taken this morning so why wait till now to announce? Surely they wouldn't have taken the photos etc before it was all agreed?
  • are the pics from when he signed last season by chance?
  • With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

Solly and Barnes doing that will probably be enough from RDs point of view.
  • Sponsored links:

• are the pics from when he signed last season by chance?

He's wearing Hummel kit..
  • Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
  • Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
    This! Getting rid of chicksen was so so stupid
    All about saving and making money rather than player ability. Nothing has changed.
  • I reckon that picture has been photo-shopped on to a valley background ;-)
  • Scoham said:

Konsa, Lennon, Barnes, Paige, Solly, and now DaSilva. More than enough cover for a league 1 club and I feel any money would be better spent elsewhere.
  • Scoham said:

This! Getting rid of chicksen was so so stupid
    I think it's time to lay this one to rest.
  • Scoham said:

The times I saw him cover at RB, Chicksen was terrible. Completely one footed and vulnerable on his outside