Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The 2017 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread (Deadline Day from page 264)

Comments

• The Wigan interest explains his disinterested performances at the time.
    Or he struggled after injury!
  • Redhenry said:

Not a rumour but those kids that have been in and around the squad but unlikely to feature, need to go on loan rather than U23s. Umerah, Hanlan, Edwards RCC and Lapslie if Gobbo doesn't realise he is better than at least Crofts. If we get a keeper, Beeney. Suspect KAG Djiksteel and Barnes may feature.

Some of the youngsters are being looked at until the end of August, to see if they are going on loan or staying with the first team squad.
    If they go on loan it's also important it's the right move for them. They'll be there a minimum of half a season. Not like a few years back when they could go for a month and extend if the player does well.
  • Scoham said:

Redhenry said:

Not a rumour but those kids that have been in and around the squad but unlikely to feature, need to go on loan rather than U23s. Umerah, Hanlan, Edwards RCC and Lapslie if Gobbo doesn't realise he is better than at least Crofts. If we get a keeper, Beeney. Suspect KAG Djiksteel and Barnes may feature.

Some of the youngsters are being looked at until the end of August, to see if they are going on loan or staying with the first team squad.
    If they go on loan it's also important it's the right move for them. They'll be there a minimum of half a season. Not like a few years back when they could go for a month and extend if the player does well.
    An excellent point. And I'm glad that they're being given pre-season to show what they're capable of.
  • Martin back training with us apparently.
  • Haha. The club prefer sending the kids to non league clubs because they can be recalled quicker.
  • Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

Solly and Barnes doing that will probably be enough from RDs point of view.
    And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
    Konsa, Lennon, Barnes, Paige, Solly, and now DaSilva. More than enough cover for a league 1 club and I feel any money would be better spent elsewhere.
    All these people quoting Konsa and Lennon as cover at full back. FFS!! Have any of you seen either of them play at fullback? Christ on a bike!! Johnny Jackson with asthma on one leg would be less scary. Neither EK nor HL is as good as Lewis Page and I can think of no lower benchmark, with the dishonourable exception that was Matt Fry, who we got from WetSpam for a terrifying few months who latterly was released by Conference South side Dartford cos he was ill equipped at that level.

Cover for both FB's is urgently required.
    Could not diasagree more. Barnes and Paige are the main players to cover and we have two others than can cover at a pinch. Are you saying that two backs are more important to the team right now than a No10/Striker?

If you had to choose 2 new positions to be filled, which ones? (Not GK as we all know that needs filling).
  • Redhenry said:

Haha. The club prefer sending the kids to non league clubs because they can be recalled quicker.

Or it gets them used to proper football, instead of the tipsy tappy against people of their own age.
  • Sponsored links:

• Redhenry said:

Haha. The club prefer sending the kids to non league clubs because they can be recalled quicker.

That's a consequence of abolishing emergency loans. Previously we could have sent say KAG or RCC to Barnet for a month or two, knowing that we could recall him if we had injuries. Now any loans to league clubs have to be between transfer windows, making them much more of a long term commitment for both sides.

I assume these rules don't apply to National League clubs?
  • If Martin is training with us, can we assume one way or another he is a done deal?
  • If Martin is training with us, can we assume one way or another he is a done deal?

No we can't.
  • Martin isn't Robinson's first choice goal keeper to bring in. That honestly would've happened a long time ago if he was.
  • Sage said:

Martin isn't Robinson's first choice goal keeper to bring in. That honestly would've happened a long time ago if he was.

Do you know who is?

• Northampton signed Aaron Pierre, age 24, today. I always thought he would be a good addition at center back.
  • Sage said:

Martin isn't Robinson's first choice goal keeper to bring in. That honestly would've happened a long time ago if he was.

Do you know who is?

Other than Jed Steer I don't think we've been linked to any other GKs?
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Do you know who is?

Lindegaard was linked.
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

With page out for a significant time we basically have 1 rb and 1 lb in the squad. I think we still need an experienced utility full back who can cover both sides...

And I tend to agree. But if DaSilva breaks down early season (he hasn't had a break all summer) we have nothing. And if Solly has his usual 2 months out and Barnes doesn't hit the ground running we are going to struggle. If feel much more comfortable if we brought in someone like chicksen who can cover both sides.
    Konsa, Lennon, Barnes, Paige, Solly, and now DaSilva. More than enough cover for a league 1 club and I feel any money would be better spent elsewhere.
    All these people quoting Konsa and Lennon as cover at full back. FFS!! Have any of you seen either of them play at fullback? Christ on a bike!! Johnny Jackson with asthma on one leg would be less scary. Neither EK nor HL is as good as Lewis Page and I can think of no lower benchmark, with the dishonourable exception that was Matt Fry, who we got from WetSpam for a terrifying few months who latterly was released by Conference South side Dartford cos he was ill equipped at that level.

I see your Matt Fry and raise you with Dan Seabourne
    Federico Bessone, Gary Borrowdale

There seems to be a running theme with left backs here....
  • edited July 2017
    Ross said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Djimi Traore who would also be a good fit for the Charltonized thread
  • Scoham said:

Sage said:

Do you know who is?

Lindegaard was linked.
    There's been 4/5 keepers that he's looked at bringing in. If we don't sign a keeper on loan, who Robinson would prefer, I am guessing Martin will come in instead, but he wasn't top target for keepers. And no, I don't know who is.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Ross said:

Taxi_Lad said:

Redrobo said:

Scoham said:

Djimi Traore who would also be a good fit for the Charltonized thread
    To be fair...he was always shit, even at Liverpool.
  • Wouldn't be surprising if any of Sarr, Novak, Watt or even Crofts left so that makes sense. Not sure we'll sign a striker unless one of Novak or Watt leaves.
  • Scoham said:

Wouldn't be surprising if any of Sarr, Novak, Watt or even Crofts left so that makes sense. Not sure we'll sign a striker unless one of Novak or Watt leaves.

Agree although can't see crofts leaving due to age. Unless he was offered two years why go?

Watt/ Novak yep but KR has been praising Sarr which suggests to me at least that he knows he can't shift him.