Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• RedChaser said:

I just think being a self made millionaire, does not always mean you're good at business. For example - RD may have built up very successful companies in fields where he is an expert but when it comes to selling football clubs, it's a completely different beast to what he's used to and he's too greedy and too arrogant to realise that. He doesn't seem to acknowledge there's a ceiling price for League 1 football clubs losing £1 million every month and turning down anything near £40 million for what he initially paid £18 million is fuckin ludicrous, even if it mean he's lost £4 or £5 million over the whole time

You know that mate as do I and the vast majority of fans but the blokes got a serious personality disorder . He's never wrong, he never fails he lives in his own little fantasy world with so many people who despise him.

Some legacy that to have on the richest tombstone in the cemetery.
    Oi don’t lump the ol’ b’stard In with people like me, we’re nice people.
  • cafcwill said:

Here's the statement from the British Consortium:

" {...} "

Fixed it for you
    Can I give myself a whoosh cos I don’t get the joke.
    Infamous KM statement
  • Statement

We’ve all crossed over to https://youtu.be/NzlG28B-R8Y
  • I've got the feeling this is going be a 10-15 page day on this thread.
  • I've got the feeling this is going be a 10-15 page day on this thread.

At least
  • RedChaser said:

Brinkmanship to the max, it's a dangerous game but has further to run yet a while I fear. The Aussies have intimated before they're in it for the long haul which I reckon will be the thrust of today's announcement.

Keep expectations low now and for next season and you won't get too disappointed.

Exactly this.

They may still be interested in the takeover and it still may happen. However, pre season may be done and dusted by that point, players will have been sold and cheaper replacements will have come in. Unless it happens by the end of this week, this season will be a write off (unless Bowyer has a worldy, we're in contention for the play offs come January and that transfer window is a good'un (assuming the Aussies have completed the takeover by then)).
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
  • J BLOCK said:

Ferryman said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out.

It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick.

None of us know. It’s painful.

The stories about RD holding a fire sale aren’t coming from the Aussies at all.
    So what are the Aussies saying about this @Airman Brown ?

Are they out?
    The Aussies aren't saying anything at the moment, and only leak minimal info (since the beer meet).
    Not being funny James, but if their ever was a time to give them a call now would be it.
    I wish people would stop trying to micromanage James's relationship / contact with the Aussies. Not helpful.
    He’s given us some great info from speaking with them. It is helpful.
    You know that's not what I meant.
  • I knew when WE were protesting that if/when Duchatelet tenure expired it would be bloody, painful, and frustrating, if you didn't share these feelings then you must be naive.

The protests were superb and showed we cared about OUR club but it upped the Ante, and Douchebag after loosing his muse Katrien because of the actions of the fans was intent on revenge.

The ITK CL members are trying to be helpful in the main but unless you live in the demented mind of Roland you can't know what's going to happen next.
  • The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

He would do - he’s losing money hand over fist.
    As does every club below the Premier League. We just have an owner who refuses to understand that is NORMAL.
    Not £1m a month they don’t.
    I read in a report some time ago that Villa's monthly running costs are £6m. Don't know what the monthly loss figure is but that's crazy. We are not the only club that's costing a huge lot of money every day.
    Villa need to raise 40m in players sales this summer just to stay on the right side of FFP. Also read that their wage bill is higher than half a dozen premier league clubs.
    Makes you laugh really, that 40m is roughly what RD is asking for our entire club!!
    The bank I work for has branches all over China and one of them did the purchase deal for Dr. Xia's company (a low risk financial facility). I read briefly about the deal but never thought Villa would get into such financial troubles. What Xia did since taking over was like gambling...

I think the amount of money involved in the Premier League and the Championship is insane. We (Charlton) are living on a completely different planet.
    My understanding is that Xia has more than enough money, he just can't get it out of China.
  • I’ve heard it won’t go through until Australia are definitely not able to win the World Cup
  • Ferryman said:

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
    Agree with the first part of your post. League one football clubs by definition must sell players and keep costs down in order to survive.

Where I don’t understand your point is with regard to administration. All the debt CAFC have accrued is debt to the owner. What possible benefit is there in him letting the club go bust and into admin ?

• Don't despair, i had a dream last night that we were bought by Jeff Bezos and the Valley was then sold on Amazon. Must stop eating cheese before bedtime.......zzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • DOUCHER said:

Clearly they don't want to pay his price but it's a shame they didn't say that months back or they have gambled he will buckle at the last - I hope he does buckle and clear off but his actions are clearly trying to say the opposite and my hunch that I put forward this morning about the 'mystery' brits being ready to buy if they can offload their club could b his fallback position - who knows, I don't but it's hypothetically possible as is the scenario that he will run us ever more on a shoestring but where will that end? I still think a revolution will be reached and it's coming to a head soon

You use the term ‘revolution’.
    If there is no satisfactory resolution, i.e. Duchatelet sells, revolution is most certainly on the cards.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

I’ve heard it won’t go through until Australia are definitely not able to win the World Cup

... or learn to play limited overs cricket.
    We’re in for a bloody long wait then AMIRITE?!

(I know literally zero about cricket)
  • And it will be televised.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Except he doesn't have to borrow at all. He's perfectly capable of covering the losses he's created, and it's his responsibility to do so, he just doens't feel like it anymore. Roland wants to sell, but wants more money than any person in existence will pay. As a result he's increasing his losses every month and instead of paying for it himself he's flogging every asset the club has until he wins his game of valuation chicken. If I were a potential buyer I'd be pretty pissed off that all the halfway decent players were being sold, as that just increases the amount I'd have to pay on the other end to replace the missing personnel. We're only hemorrhaging money as a result of Roland's mismanagement but it's the football that will suffer
  • Macronate said:

I've got the feeling this is going be a 10-15 page day on this thread.

Exactly.

I think @JamesSeed is in league with @Henry Irving to get this thread to 1000 pages.

Every now and then, a beauty of a comment is popped in and the thread goes mad.

Once it gets to 1000, the two of them will go off on holiday together to Paris, leaving us all in utter despair.
    Whatever the Aussie statement says I am going for 953 at the close of play today.

• edited June 2018
    Seems to me we are being "played" by two gamblers.

If that is the case not sure how good the Aussies will be, as appear no better than the c.unt we have at the moment.

Honestly hope I am wrong, but the longer this drags on the less faith I have in anybody sorting the mess out.
  • Manana seems,such a long time ago.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Agree with the first part of your post. League one football clubs by definition must sell players and keep costs down in order to survive.

Where I don’t understand your point is with regard to administration. All the debt CAFC have accrued is debt to the owner. What possible benefit is there in him letting the club go bust and into admin ?

If Charlton stop paying wages and other bills then the employees and others will become debtors.

I did not state or imply that there is benefit in him letting the club go bust and into admin. He is simply trying to make the club a self financing concern until it is sold. It seems, and I don't know, as if he has suddenly decided to drastically reduce the amount of money he is putting into the club from his own pocket.
  • on the upside we have a manager we like ,no puppets have been put in management roles yet and you never know that other parties could still be interested

what @blackpool72 says
  • mascot88 said:

he's never going to leave.

if we get out of this NOT in div 4, itll be a miracle.

his death is our only hope.

On many occasions you have referred to the death of Duchatelet.

Be ashamed of yourself, that is a disgusting thing to say.
    I have to say i agree with him, death seems a great way to get rid of him. I don't casually go around wishing death of people, well except Roland
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!