Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2018
    Busty Gate. An Anglo British/Australian comedy farce with Rebel Wilson, John Cleese and the Chuckle Brothers. Coming to the Greenwich Picture house this Friday.
  • How many times have we heard the word "tomorrow" the last 300 pages?

I don't see what "positive statement" one could possibly make about this situation.

"We have not been able to close the deal and in the meantime Roland is selling off the assets, pocketing the cash and yet keeping his price the same. This makes us hopeful."

NOT.

A positive statement from The Aussies would be to at least say they're still at the table and haven't pulled out. The Aussies pulling out now leaving RD to lead us asset-stripped on our way to League Two doesn't bear thinking about.
    I really hope you are right. But all the hope that this might come to pass in the fact of the hard evidence of asset stripping makes me think it is all wishful thinking.
  • What time is the statement to be released?

I doubt if Mr Seed, the mountain of information, knows himself.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

They answer emails nowadays then?
    Phone call.
    You called the club at past 22.00?
  • just spent 30 mins reading 136 posts......

very, very despondent....even with @jamesseed's "message of hope"

I am very seriously considering boycotting next season. It would upset me & kill Golfie Jnr.......but wr would then go to as many away games as possible. Long trips to Plymouth & Sunderland maybe, but I'd rather spend money on petrol & sub standard service station food than give it to that senile old tosser.

I think you will still go.
  • It's 2pm now in Australia. If there's a statement, surely it will be out in the next three hours. (during which I'll be refreshing this thread every few minutes. :lol: )
  • edited June 2018

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

He would do - he’s losing money hand over fist.
    As does every club below the Premier League. We just have an owner who refuses to understand that is NORMAL.
    Not £1m a month they don’t.
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

I hope it's not stick or bust
  • Big strides towards 940 yesterday. Reckon 1000 before the month is out.

Feck this long drawn out irritation of a thread.
  • The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

As does every club below the Premier League. We just have an owner who refuses to understand that is NORMAL.
    I read in a report some time ago that Villa's monthly running costs are £6m. Don't know what the monthly loss figure is but that's crazy. We are not the only club that's costing a huge lot of money every day.
  • The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

I read in a report some time ago that Villa's monthly running costs are £6m. Don't know what the monthly loss figure is but that's crazy. We are not the only club that's costing a huge lot of money every day.
    But Villa are a big club recently relegated from the Premier League (with parachute payments etc). We're a medium sized club at best who haven't seen a parachute payment in the best part of a decade, most of which has been spent in League One.

Our £1M a month losses (if that's what it is) is huge and clearly unsustainable in this division and I'd doubt there are many teams in League One in a worse position financially.
  • Davo55 said:

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

It will have reduced the value of the club, but not the price. That might well be the point of contention.

Edit - just seen that AFKA had already made the same point. I walk in the footprints of gnats.
    Fixed that for you. :wink:
  • edited June 2018
    So a statement today by our would be buyers? A bit confused though as when @JamesSeed broke this late last night night it was already today in Australia, whilst yesterday here in England and depending on how late this statement is announced it could already be tomorrow there whilst still today.
  • se9addick said:

But Villa are a big club recently relegated from the Premier League (with parachute payments etc). We're a medium sized club at best who haven't seen a parachute payment in the best part of a decade, most of which has been spent in League One.

Our £1M a month losses (if that's what it is) is huge and clearly unsustainable in this division and I'd doubt there are many teams in League One in a worse position financially.
    Yep, definitely unsustainable. What's the point in running a club on such high costs/losses while all the fans hate you.

No one is thankful for his ''investment''. How pathetic that is!
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't undestand the mentality of asset stripping the Club when you're weeks, or maybe even days, away from "completion" (if that indeed was / is the case). Even if the buyer is dragging their heals.

It's a bit like a bloke winning £40 million on the lottery and being told he'll recieve £10 million per month for the next 4 months, so him asking for his pound back

You have summed up perfectly why I don't believe it's going to happen any time soon.
    Never have I wanted to be more wrong.
  • cfgs said:

So a statement today by our would be buyers? A bit confused though as when @JamesSeed broke this late last night night it was already today in Australia, whilst yesterday here in England and depending on how late this statement is announced it could already be tomorrow there whilst still today.

I had to read your post twice to understand what you were trying to say :flushed:
  • Cafc43v3r said:

DOUCHER said:

Clearly they don't want to pay his price but it's a shame they didn't say that months back or they have gambled he will buckle at the last - I hope he does buckle and clear off but his actions are clearly trying to say the opposite and my hunch that I put forward this morning about the 'mystery' brits being ready to buy if they can offload their club could b his fallback position - who knows, I don't but it's hypothetically possible as is the scenario that he will run us ever more on a shoestring but where will that end? I still think a revolution will be reached and it's coming to a head soon

You mean if Ashley sells Newcastle?
    That's my hunch but not based on any facts - just told they are british
  • WIOTOS

I expect this thread to hit 960 pages today at least.

All hail @JamesSeed new fan on the new board. Remember your real Charlton mates, mate.
  • Scoham said:

It’s happening... well a document has appeared on Baton 2010 Limited’s page on companies house:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07326155/filing-history/MzIwNzcxNTUxMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

I'm guessing but does that mean one of the debentures held by one of the previous directors has been paid off? I'm most likely miles off.
    https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/02689249/charges

All 7 still present here.
  • I just think being a self made millionaire, does not always mean you're good at business. For example - RD may have built up very successful companies in fields where he is an expert but when it comes to selling football clubs, it's a completely different beast to what he's used to and he's too greedy and too arrogant to realise that. He doesn't seem to acknowledge there's a ceiling price for League 1 football clubs losing £1 million every month and turning down anything near £40 million for what he initially paid £18 million is fuckin ludicrous, even if it mean he's lost £4 or £5 million over the whole time
  • edited June 2018

It's 2pm now in Australia. If there's a statement, surely it will be out in the next three hours. (during which I'll be refreshing this thread every few minutes. :lol: )

But it's 7:42am in Battersea
  • Valley11 said:

Why are some people having a go @JamesSeed ?

Bizarre. The bloke is purely trying to be helpful.

Yep, I don’t get it either. He is just posting the info he has been given - yet people can’t wait to have a dig. If I was you @JamesSeed I wouldn’t bother mate.
    I don't understand this either.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!