Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited June 2018

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Heard it from three different people in respect of three different transfers, complete or otherwise, all of which are in the public domain.
  • edited June 2018
    What a mess we're in, it just goes to show how important it would have been for us to win promotion last season. Had we been promoted there would have probably been more interested buyers and maybe one of them would have paid the madman's over-inflated asking price if we were only one step away from The Premier League.

As it stands even if Bowyer does bring in 4 players this just doesn't cover the loss of the 5 loanees, Lennon, Kashi, Konsa and 2 more outgoings and anybody else RD cashes in on. Make no mistake unless a takeover happens we're in for a long hard season at the wrong end of the table and if we get relegated again it could be 4-5 years (from now) until we even see The Championship again let alone The Premier League.

RD will not want to put another penny of his own money in and if cuts are happening I wouldn't be surprised if the mad old fool goes the whole hog and closes the Upper Tiers of the ground relocating anyone with a ST bought already and also shuts down the big screen, after all he's never there to watch it anyway!

So the question now to all the ITK guys surely has to be, have The Aussies walked away for good and if they have what are the chances of any previous party coming back to the table or any new parties arriving? If the whole process goes back to square one we really are screwed...it's my upcoming 30th year supporting Charlton and this really does feel worse than it did during the exile years.
  • edited June 2018

Because even if it's not the Aussies, Duchatelet isn't it in for the long-term. Cash upfront means he keeps it and the next owners don't benefit from add-ons. It's the reason Brentford were able to get Konsa.
  • that the end of us
  • can’t see a party coming in now from scratch to buy a third their club with half a squad and no SMT unless it is effectively given away...
  • The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Heard it from three different people in respect of three different transfers, complete or otherwise, all of which are in the public domain.
    He is playing a card game right now theres no value in doing that

He sold one to bring the value of the club down and make it more reachable for Aussies with the information in this thread a few pages back I’d say there’s some value in reducing the debt to bring that part of the club sale out snagging list and make it more affordable and attractive

Now if those sniffing continue to struggle to raise the money or just keep stalling I don’t doubt there may be truth in it

But he also knows cafc in the fourth division has a significant affect on the zeros he has placed as the total value

• Sponsored links:

• The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    He is playing a card game right now theres no value in doing that

He sold one to bring the value of the club down and make it more reachable for Aussies with the information in this thread a few pages back I’d say there’s some value in reducing the debt to bring that part of the club sale out snagging list and make it more affordable and attractive

Now if those sniffing continue to struggle to raise the money or just keep stalling I don’t doubt there may be truth in it

But he also knows cafc in the fourth division has a significant affect on the zeros he has placed as the total value

But let's be clear, by doing that Roland himself also benefits wouldn't you agree?
  • I can't believe what I'm reading here...
  • This situation is insanity

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

• JamesSeed said:

J BLOCK said:

JamesSeed said:

Valley11 said:

Trouble is, we just don’t know. All we know is the spin / version that one side wants to leak out.

It could be the Aussies just can’t get the finance after having lost a couple of backers. It could equally be that after the recent sale of assets Roland still wants the same asking price for the club (but now with less assets), which the Aussies might think is taking the mick.

None of us know. It’s painful.

The stories about RD holding a fire sale aren’t coming from the Aussies at all.
    So what are the Aussies saying about this @Airman Brown ?

Are they out?
    The Aussies aren't saying anything at the moment, and only leak minimal info (since the beer meet).
    Not being funny James, but if their ever was a time to give them a call now would be it.
    It doesn't work like that unfortunately.
    You have their number, they’ve given you info, there’s been developments since Sunday, I’m sure you can get something out of them.
  • Is the thing still happening at noon tomorrow at The Valley?

(Apologies to those who aren't ITK about the thing that's going to happen at noon tomorrow at The Valley).
  • Brentford clearly offered the most upfront and the best deal for Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• How much is Roland expecting for the club?

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Does anyone know if the search for a ceo, cfo etc is in progress?
  • Uboat said:

About to read 300 new posts. I hope something good has happened.

Well that was fun. Realised about half way through that nothing good had happened.
    If Roland is the owner for another year I really think I could lose interest completely, though the trip advisor reviews will never stop.

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    No we don’t know mate and the same as the spill about RD moving goal posts due to the sale of konsa

Personally I’d say that the decision was forced by a lack of moving forward to an agreed date by the buyer is the only reason I could see your risk 40 odd mil for 3 mil
  • After what Bow said and what some people have said on here, I'm pretty sure he's gonna still be at the Club next season at least

He would do - he’s losing money hand over fist.
    As does every club below the Premier League. We just have an owner who refuses to understand that is NORMAL.

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    This is what I don't understand.

Surely RD would know this is probably as good a bid as he'll get but I assume the bid was never accepted? The key question is why and @Redhenry is there any chance at all the bid could be resurrected if The Aussies have walked and suddenly this bid now appeals to RD?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!