Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

How much is Roland expecting for the club?

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Does anyone know if the search for a ceo, cfo etc is in progress?

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    They bid that to match the Aussies at the time. He was still looking for 50.
    And presumably still is?
  • How much is Roland expecting for the club?

£30m would/should be the absolute most any bidder would go for imo. Even then you could argue it's £10m overpriced and that without any fire sale

Still expect there to be some more twists in this yet, it was only a week ago Muir was hoping to finalise a sale, and we know Roland wants to sell asap.

Does anyone know if the search for a ceo, cfo etc is in progress?

Saudi bid was 40.5 mil
    This is what I don't understand.

Surely RD would know this is probably as good a bid as he'll get but I assume the bid was never accepted? The key question is why and @Redhenry is there any chance at all the bid could be resurrected if The Aussies have walked and suddenly this bid now appeals to RD?
    Sorry, I don't know the answer to that
  • What might change things is us trying to push this volatile man's buttons. Something that might just make him say fcuk it!
  • JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
  • JamesSeed said:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

What happens With the busy IF it isn’t positive news?
  • The yo-yo thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
    Give it about a week and our own Mystic Meg will pipe up too
  • JamesSeed said:

They answer emails nowadays then?

• Things are still happening not saying it’s the Aussies they are happening with but things we still turning under foot

Let’s see what happens in the next 7 days we will know then

The statement will be along these lines I reckon

• Well let's see what tomorrow brings - what choice do we have?
  • The yo-yo thread.

It’s the Del Amitri thread mate
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

What happens With the busy IF it isn’t positive news?
    Ok it will be positive news in that they believe the sale will go ahead. I just don’t want anyone to expect anything more positive than that.
    Like a date.

• Things are still happening not saying it’s the Aussies they are happening with but things we still turning under foot

Let’s see what happens in the next 7 days we will know then

The statement will be along these lines I reckon

Along the lines of “things are still happening, not saying we’re buying the club but someone eventually will” :lol:
  • JamesSeed said:

Can I suggest that, at this point and after waiting for a week (or is it 2???) for thee statement to be released to say it's all done and dusted - anything other than a statement saying as much is not gonna be positive news?

No at dig at you personally Jim.
  • Oggy Red said:

Scoham said:

It’s happening... well a document has appeared on Baton 2010 Limited’s page on companies house:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07326155/filing-history/MzIwNzcxNTUxMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

In plain English, what exactly does that imply, Scoham?

Sorry to be dense.

Charge number 1, so the club doesn’t owe HSBC any money...probably hasn’t for a while - I thought Roland was funding the club - and nobody has previously got around to getting HSBC to release the charge- and it probably got queried when the due diligence was going on...that’s my guess anyway

Up till now the fixed charges that ex-directors have on the real estate has prevented Duchâtelet from selling the club and keeping the Valley, - at least that is my understanding.

If Duchâtelet is trying to settle all these charges and ex-directors are willing to comply, then we are truly f##ked

Companies house shows those charges are the ones numbered 3 to 9 and they are still in place. 1 & 2 were HSBC and Lombard North and they've been satisfied. The directors ones are 3 Derek Chappell, 4 David White 5 David Hughes 6 Sir Maurice Hatter 7 Richard Murray 8 56 Developments LLP (Robert and Helen Whitehand) 9 David Sumners
    CL never ceases to amaze. After years and years of twaddle (imo), you come out with a gem like this.
    Well done.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!