Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The statement if it appears, and especially if it appears on the club website, ought to be unambiguously attributable.
  • if the club are letting them put the statement out, you have to think relations are still positive between buyer and seller.

I find this weird.

If the statement is from Muir/Consortium rather than 'Charlton' on the OS, it seems all backwards. Not that I should be surprised.

• WSS said:

if the club are letting them put the statement out, you have to think relations are still positive between buyer and seller.

I find this weird.

If the statement is from Muir/Consortium rather than 'Charlton' on the OS, it seems all backwards. Not that I should be surprised.

Did you not see the wink at the bottom of the post? Mega whoosh I’m afraid.
  • Interesting that RD has allowed them to use club channels. Must be close...you'd hope.
  • edited June 2018
    Redrobo said:

WSS said:

if the club are letting them put the statement out, you have to think relations are still positive between buyer and seller.

I find this weird.

I dont think WSS thinks Dazzlers post is real. Cawley said the statement will be via the club that is what WSS and I are referring to.

• edited June 2018
    Scoham said:

It’s happening... well a document has appeared on Baton 2010 Limited’s page on companies house:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07326155/filing-history/MzIwNzcxNTUxMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

Unless Duchatelet's done it himself or via Staprix

EDIT: Just seen @Airman Brown 's explanation that it relates to HSBC.
  • Maybe it'll be a joint statement
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

WSS said:

I find this weird.

Yep great wind up @Dazzler21, well played.
  • Page 942 and counting !
  • Will the statement be released according to UK or Australian time?
  • Rich Crawley hasn't heard back from them. It's possibly going to be a national press release, so could be in the papers tomorrow, if it's embargoed. Hopefully today though.

(See what I did there?)
  • edited June 2018

Maybe it'll be a joint statement

its a three way statement.

Roland, Muir and the British group.
    Statement sponsored by Red Bull?
  • It's Cawley.
  • JamesSeed said:

Rich Crawley hasn't heard back from them. It's possibly going to be a national press release, so could be in the papers tomorrow, if it's embargoed. Hopefully today though.

(See what I did there?)

you are no ones raspberry fool James.
  • Debentures are debt not backed by any assets.

I don't see Roland setting up the debt he owes to himself as not being backed by the assets of the club. And no bank would set up debt that way. So what other debt could it be?

Debt that has a clause for example that the money "does not have to be paid off until the club is promoted" would qualify as a debenture.

I would not at all be surprised if the director debt is set up as a debenture. In other words, directors do not have recourse to sell off assets of the club if the debt falls through. The debt is simply dependent on the club's creditworthiness or promise.

In general terms debenture holders have a CHARGE over the assets which means they rank higher than other creditors and thus have more chance of being paid in part or in full if everything goes tits up and assets have to be realised as cash.

In Charlton terms if the Club wanted to borrow elsewhere prospective lenders would not be happy to see charges already over the assets. Hence the various discussions about the 'power' held by the former directors.

• Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

Rich Crawley hasn't heard back from them. It's possibly going to be a national press release, so could be in the papers tomorrow, if it's embargoed. Hopefully today though.

(See what I did there?)

Tomorrow never ever comes to this thread.

Bill Murray thought he had it bad
  • JamesSeed said:

(See what I did there?)

Is yesterday, tomorrow, today?
  • What the fuck is going?!
  • Up till now the fixed charges that ex-directors have on the real estate has prevented Duchâtelet from selling the club and keeping the Valley, - at least that is my understanding.

If Duchâtelet is trying to settle all these charges and ex-directors are willing to comply, then we are truly f##ked

Companies house shows those charges are the ones numbered 3 to 9 and they are still in place. 1 & 2 were HSBC and Lombard North and they've been satisfied. The directors ones are 3 Derek Chappell, 4 David White 5 David Hughes 6 Sir Maurice Hatter 7 Richard Murray 8 56 Developments LLP (Robert and Helen Whitehand) 9 David Sumners
    Companies House also shows that the HSBC charge has just been satisfied against the listing by giving the date. It’s just paperwork and nothing to do with repaying the ex-directors’ loans.
    So what could that mean in relation to any takeover?
    Probably nothing.

The financial year end is 30 June and last year the auditors probably picked up that the HSBC charge had not been discharged at Companies House.

Someone has probably noticed and 'tidied up.'
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Up till now the fixed charges that ex-directors have on the real estate has prevented Duchâtelet from selling the club and keeping the Valley, - at least that is my understanding.

If Duchâtelet is trying to settle all these charges and ex-directors are willing to comply, then we are truly f##ked

Companies house shows those charges are the ones numbered 3 to 9 and they are still in place. 1 & 2 were HSBC and Lombard North and they've been satisfied. The directors ones are 3 Derek Chappell, 4 David White 5 David Hughes 6 Sir Maurice Hatter 7 Richard Murray 8 56 Developments LLP (Robert and Helen Whitehand) 9 David Sumners
    Companies House also shows that the HSBC charge has just been satisfied against the listing by giving the date. It’s just paperwork and nothing to do with repaying the ex-directors’ loans.
    So what could that mean in relation to any takeover?
    It’s just housekeeping because the overdraft facility is no longer there, I assume.
    Strange time for house keeping if it hadn't been used for about 4 years, if it's nothing to do with anything, why do it now?

Oh and who would file it? The ceo, the fd, the tea lady?
    As posted above the financial year end appears to be 30 June.

It's probably been noticed as part and parcel of the preparations for that or alternatively, as I suggested above, picked up previously by the auditors.
  • So this is going to be the interim statement that states we have reached an impasse but talks are still ongoing.

Anyone got Ban ki Moon's mobile number ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!