Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• iamdan said:

What the fuck is going?!

Richard Murray has just had lunch and is now removing his bib, he will now prepare the British Groups statement.
    Not sure he's actually capable of removing his own bib.
  • sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
    Have you ever seen @JamesSeed and Bexley Boy in the same room?
  • LenGlover said:

sammy391 said:

JamesSeed said:

Just sent this to the club:

‘After speaking to two people from the Australian consortium hoping to buy the club, I am happy to withdraw my request for the return of my grandfather’s bust.’

The Aussies are as we speak preparing a statement, which they plan to release tomorrow.

They are NOT about to announce that the sale has been completed. But I believe it should be positive news. I certainly bloody hope so.

Funnily enough, bexley boy has said exactly the same regarding a statement!
    Have you ever seen @JamesSeed and Bexley Boy in the same room?
    I have.
  • JamesSeed said:

Rich Crawley hasn't heard back from them. It's possibly going to be a national press release, so could be in the papers tomorrow, if it's embargoed. Hopefully today though.

(See what I did there?)

Is yesterday, tomorrow, today?
    She’s got a model’s legs, but are they women’s, are they men’s ?
  • Addickted said:

If the statement is going to be on the official site, then ever the optimist, it's going on there as they are the new owners.

Cannot see the Bastard Belgian allowing to use the Clubs official channels, particularly as another alleged buyer is still in the picture.

Hi Nick, could you check your PMs please, we would like to get your help, ta

• Addickted said:

If the statement is going to be on the official site, then ever the optimist, it's going on there as they are the new owners.

Cannot see the Bastard Belgian allowing to use the Clubs official channels, particularly as another alleged buyer is still in the picture.

That's my hope, unless it's a joint statement between the mad Belgian and the Aussies.
  • WIOTOS IE today : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:

@PragueAddick I could not disagree more strongly. Average league 1 players are NOT the main, or significant, assets. In fact I would suggest that their contracts are actually a liability.

Lionel Messi is an asset, Jason Pearce and Nabby Sarr aren't. If I was buying the club I would only put a nominal value on the current players, or 99% of league 1 players.

If you were seriously rich the only assets you want are the ground, training ground and the golden share.

The advertising agency comparison works with a SMT, football management, academy staff, talent scouts etc who can add massive value. Although that is obviously not the case here.

Well, never mind the ad agency thing, it winds up a few people on here to mention the words. You are saying I think, that if you were buying the club, and you valued it at £40m in January, you would still pay that now, if RD had sold Konsa and then Bauer and Fosu too? I wouldn't .

And btw what is the "golden share" you have referred to more an once?

• Ferryman said:

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
    Why would RD stop paying those bills then ? That leads to possible admin and he losses more money. Therefore it is not “The alternative”.

Ferryman said:

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
    Why would RD stop paying those bills then ? That leads to possible admin and he losses more money. Therefore it is not “The alternative”.

I have not said he will or wants to stop paying those bills. He wants to reduce the size of the bills and how much he has to pay out of his own pocket
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

I have not said he will or wants to stop paying those bills. He wants to reduce the size of the bills and how much he has to pay out of his own pocket
    Then why bring administration into your initial post ?

• edited June 2018
    When you're selling a house, or business for that matter, you don't start stripping it of the fixtures and fittings because you consider the process to be taking too long. I don't see this as any different meself
  • edited June 2018

Cafc43v3r said:

@PragueAddick I could not disagree more strongly. Average league 1 players are NOT the main, or significant, assets. In fact I would suggest that their contracts are actually a liability.

Lionel Messi is an asset, Jason Pearce and Nabby Sarr aren't. If I was buying the club I would only put a nominal value on the current players, or 99% of league 1 players.

If you were seriously rich the only assets you want are the ground, training ground and the golden share.

The advertising agency comparison works with a SMT, football management, academy staff, talent scouts etc who can add massive value. Although that is obviously not the case here.

Well, never mind the ad agency thing, it winds up a few people on here to mention the words. You are saying I think, that if you were buying the club, and you valued it at £40m in January, you would still pay that now, if RD had sold Konsa and then Bauer and Fosu too? I wouldn't .

The golden share is effectively the place in the football league.

"The Football League is a company limited by shares. Every club in the Football League is entitled to an ownership share – the 'Golden Share'. The share gives clubs the right to play in the league and share in league incomes from TV and other commercial deals (from a pooled account at the end of the season)."

My point on not being hung up on the players is that none of them are irreplaceable for a relatively, compared to the £200 million investment, low cost.

I would wager you could buy a promotion capable league 1 team for approx 3 or 4 million, not including wages, that you would be paying anyway.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

i assume supposed to mean "majority shareholding"
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

I was making the point that if RD stops funding the monthly costs out of his own pocket then the club has to start off loading players with big wages and those who command a fee in order to continue as a going concern.
  • Sponsored links:

• When you're selling a house, or business for that matter, you don't start stripping it of the fixtures and fittings because you consider the process to be taking too long. I don't see this as any different meself

Nice work!

It’s been a while before anyone put up a solid house selling analogy.
    You missed @Chizz yesterday.
  • When you're selling a house, or business for that matter, you don't start stripping it of the fixtures and fittings because you consider the process to be taking too long. I don't see this as any different meself

Nice work!

I was thinking more of the time when I sold my shop up next to Grove Park BR Station
    you used to have a shop? Never knew that.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

I was making the point that if RD stops funding the monthly costs out of his own pocket then the club has to start off loading players with big wages and those who command a fee in order to continue as a going concern.
    I repeat. Why bring administration into things then.

• Releasing the statement through the club is probably the only way Roland would let them do it due to a NDA. So chances are the statement has had to have been run by him and is heavily censored. Not expecting it to say anything at all...

Unless it is the full shebang.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

Errr...because that is what happens when a club stops paying its bills?

Nice work!

I was thinking more of the time when I sold my shop up next to Grove Park BR Station
    you used to have a shop? Never knew that.
    Yer, next to Grove Park BR Station, and I would have started tuckin into the Mars bars after we done the stock take once we sold
    You held that back.

You had us all feeling sorry for you before about how old Swami knocked you for a few Bob.
  • edited June 2018

Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

Errr...because that is what happens when a club stops paying its bills?
    No shit Sherlock. However when confronted with the fact that it’s not in RD’s interest to do that, so a completely spurious point you have failed to bring up administration or its lack of relevance since.

• WIOTOS IE today : - )

Ye of too much faith

It will be a bland, generic statement that we probably already know from the ITK crew

"Ongoing. Taking too long. Trying to agree a price. Roland wants too much. EFL pissed on plan B and would rather see us go to the wall than have additional investment from someone less likely to be a twat.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!