Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Ferryman said:

The interesting thing is that RD is offering big discounts on players for cash.

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

But never offered the asking price or even a very near offfef from what I heard

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

But it also reduces the value of the club and its price

Which may just help those who ain’t showing the colour of their money yet

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
    If RD stops paying the bills to put Charlton into administration, he will lose all the money he has put in, less what the administrator recovers which will be the square roof of eff all !

When you say Charlton start borrowing to pay the costs, you seem to have forgotten that RD (and all our owners) start borrowing from day 1.

Sorry, but your post is wrong wrong wrong.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Fake iPhone Text Generator iOS

You have to much time on your hands.
    I don't deny that today!
  • Ferryman said:

Says who
    Why else do you think Brentford got Konsa when other bigger clubs have been sniffing around?

It benefits RD that sale massively it’s asset stripping at the very least it’s criminal at best

So back to my point before, what if after selling Konsa (for say £2m rising to a potential £3m, but with an inflated up front payment- my guess figures), the Aussies say ok, you’ve sold one our key value player assets, we want the deal price reduced by the amount you’ve just received up front as the squad value has been reduced, and RD says no, the price is not changing a penny. Who is in the wrong then?

Not,saying that is what has happened, but equally it could. As I said, we don’t really know
    Even worse, as others have mentioned, they might value Konsa higher than Roly. So he sells for £3M but they want £4M off the asking price?
    Still don't see how any potential buyer can complain about RD selling player assets and using the proceeds to keep the the club running as a going concern. The alternative is that Charlton stop playing all their wages and other bills for the next few months and then go into administration because of those unpaid wages and bills or start borrowing in order to pay these monthly costs and thus increasing the debt burden on the club which the new owners will inherit.
    Why would RD stop paying those bills then ? That leads to possible admin and he losses more money. Therefore it is not “The alternative”.

Ferryman said:

Says who

Why would RD stop paying those bills then ? That leads to possible admin and he losses more money. Therefore it is not “The alternative”.

I have not said he will or wants to stop paying those bills. He wants to reduce the size of the bills and how much he has to pay out of his own pocket
    Then why bring administration into your initial post ?

I was making the point that if RD stops funding the monthly costs out of his own pocket then the club has to start off loading players with big wages and those who command a fee in order to continue as a going concern.
    I repeat. Why bring administration into things then.

Errr...because that is what happens when a club stops paying its bills?
    No shit Sherlock. However when confronted with the fact that it’s not in RD’s interest to do that, so a completely spurious point you have failed to bring up administration or its lack of relevance since.

You keep suggesting I am implying that it is in RD's interest for the club to go into administration. If I have it was inadvertent. Quote the text where you think I have implied this and I will correct it.
  • edited June 2018

Too much analysis is being undertaken around the potential statement.

that fact that it appears to be occurring is a positive thing. people were saying yesterday that the Aussies had walked away. If they are issuing statements in partnership with the club, that would strongly suggest in advance that is not the case.

People have unrealistic expectations if they expect it to be anything other than vanilla.

I was hoping for mint choc chip tbf., strachetri and salted caramel would be good too.

AND A FUCKING STATEMENT THAT GIVES US SOME HOPE THE SENILE OLD FOOL IS GOING TO BW GONE SOON AND WE ARENT GOING TO BE LEFT WITH FUCK ALL.

That’d be nice.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

I have not said he will or wants to stop paying those bills. He wants to reduce the size of the bills and how much he has to pay out of his own pocket
    Then why bring administration into your initial post ?

I was making the point that if RD stops funding the monthly costs out of his own pocket then the club has to start off loading players with big wages and those who command a fee in order to continue as a going concern.
    I repeat. Why bring administration into things then.

Errr...because that is what happens when a club stops paying its bills?
    No shit Sherlock. However when confronted with the fact that it’s not in RD’s interest to do that, so a completely spurious point you have failed to bring up administration or its lack of relevance since.

You keep suggesting I am implying that it is in RD's interest for the club to go into administration. If I have it was inadvertent. Quote the text where you think I have implied this and I will correct it.
    Life is too short.

• Too much analysis is being undertaken around the potential statement.

that fact that it appears to be occurring is a positive thing. people were saying yesterday that the Aussies had walked away. If they are issuing statements in partnership with the club, that would strongly suggest in advance that is not the case.

People have unrealistic expectations if they expect it to be anything other than vanilla.

i am thinking in keeping with the whole Roland era Rocky Road.
  • edited June 2018

Too much analysis is being undertaken around the potential statement.

States too much analysis is being undertaken.. proceeds to analyse to a further extent than most previously. ;-)

• When you're selling a house, or business for that matter, you don't start stripping it of the fixtures and fittings because you consider the process to be taking too long. I don't see this as any different meself

Nice work!

It’s been a while before anyone put up a solid house selling analogy.
    I was thinking more of the time when I sold my shop up next to Grove Park BR Station
    you used to have a shop? Never knew that.
    Yer, next to Grove Park BR Station, and I would have started tuckin into the Mars bars after we done the stock take once we sold
    You held that back.

You had us all feeling sorry for you before about how old Swami knocked you for a few Bob.
    Yer, he came in late on saying he didnt have the dough for the stock, coincidentally, even though it was agreed and I had to do a "deal" with the c**t. But from my perspective and because I'm a principled Englishman, I wouldnt start eating the Mars bars in protest of how long the deal was taking to complete, and it took a foookin age.

Still managed to leave him a few hundred quid lighter after not giving him the stock of fireworks though
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Says who

Agree with the first part of your post. League one football clubs by definition must sell players and keep costs down in order to survive.

Where I don’t understand your point is with regard to administration. All the debt CAFC have accrued is debt to the owner. What possible benefit is there in him letting the club go bust and into admin ?

If Charlton stop paying wages and other bills then the employees and others will become debtors.

I did not state or imply that there is benefit in him letting the club go bust and into admin. He is simply trying to make the club a self financing concern until it is sold. It seems, and I don't know, as if he has suddenly decided to drastically reduce the amount of money he is putting into the club from his own pocket.

Ferryman said:

Says who

Agree with the first part of your post. League one football clubs by definition must sell players and keep costs down in order to survive.

Where I don’t understand your point is with regard to administration. All the debt CAFC have accrued is debt to the owner. What possible benefit is there in him letting the club go bust and into admin ?

If Charlton stop paying wages and other bills then the employees and others will become debtors.

I did not state or imply that there is benefit in him letting the club go bust and into admin. He is simply trying to make the club a self financing concern until it is sold. It seems, and I don't know, as if he has suddenly decided to drastically reduce the amount of money he is putting into the club from his own pocket.
    I think you mean creditors not debtors
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

If RD stops paying the bills to put Charlton into administration, he will lose all the money he has put in, less what the administrator recovers which will be the square roof of eff all !

When you say Charlton start borrowing to pay the costs, you seem to have forgotten that RD (and all our owners) start borrowing from day 1.

Which is why RD won't let the club go into admin. But he is taking steps to reduce his personal monthly costs. Which is what he is doing with Konsa and other proposed player sales.

Are you suggesting that RD is borrowing the money he is paying into the club each month? That is new piece of info for me.
  • edited June 2018
    Very insightful statement. Glad to read that they reckon it should be done within a few days.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Ferryman said:

Says who

I think you mean creditors not debtors
    Yes.
  • Very insightful statement. Glad to read that they reckon it should be done within a few days.
    Not sure what to make of the peninsula move though.
  • 13.58 and nothing on OS yet
  • This is doing my head in.

I need a can of Red Bull which I will consume on the peninsula.
  • Very insightful statement. Glad to read that they reckon it should be done within a few days.
    Yer but Red Bull? Ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• My first ever flag. :blush:

'Ere, now I'm not at all superstitious, but could that be an omen? Will we see our old mate Flaggy any minute?
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Which is why RD won't let the club go into admin. But he is taking steps to reduce his personal monthly costs. Which is what he is doing with Konsa and other proposed player sales.

Are you suggesting that RD is borrowing the money he is paying into the club each month? That is new piece of info for me.
    Paragraph 1 is correct. He won't less us go into administration, so as SHG said it was a red herring for you to introduce administration in the first place.

Charlton are borrowing the money from Staprix and will continue to do so.
    Yer but Red Bull? Ffs
    Suppose that's where the extra £15m is coming from. Don't mind the new badge though.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Paragraph 1 is correct. He won't less us go into administration, so as SHG said it was a red herring for you to introduce administration in the first place.

Not a Red Herring. And perfectly valid to point out that the alternative to him not selling players to reduce wages and generate income (given that he wants to stop or at least reduce his monthly payments) is administration.

Charlton borrowing money from Staprix is not the same as RD borrowing money to invest in Charlton, which is what you were suggesting in your earlier post.
    Yer but Red Bull? Ffs
    Suppose that's where the extra £15m is coming from. Don't mind the new badge though.
    After the World Cup, Ronaldo ain't gonna be worth toffee though
  • Too much analysis is being undertaken around the potential statement.

this 100%
    Yer but Red Bull? Ffs
    Also great to have have Karl Robinson back as manager. First signing is likely to be Harry Lennon - bargain at £2.5m
    Yer but Red Bull? Ffs
    After the World Cup, Ronaldo ain't gonna be worth toffee though
    Not sure he can do it in League One. I'd rather give Kaikai another crack at it.
  • Ferryman said:

Says who

Not a Red Herring. And perfectly valid to point out that the alternative to him not selling players to reduce wages and generate income (given that he wants to stop or at least reduce his monthly payments) is administration.

Charlton borrowing money from Staprix is not the same as RD borrowing money to invest in Charlton, which is what you were suggesting in your earlier post.
    You misunderstood my meaning. I could have worded it better I agree.
    When I said RD and all previous owners start borrowing from day 1, a better wording would have been Charlton borrow from all owners including RD/Staprix from day 1.
    The original buying price for Charlton was not a gift.
    RD/Staprix lent the money to Charlton and the £18M original debt has now grown to something like £55/56M as of June 2017 and is probably now heading towards £70M.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!