Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options

He's my mate.

Or maybe was my mate
  • Options

So then ,after 88 pages we're still no wiser if it's happening or not, I reckon at least by page 100, we'll have something to celebrate or then again, probably not!

It'll happen, but not until page 117.
  • Options

buckshee said:

bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Absolutely nothing has happened but least this threads given me a few laughs. Some genuine LOLs

I got 40 lols for one post so don't care if the takeover happens now or not.
    How's the promotes going Henners :wink:
    Still be denied my true promote count by a jealous @AFKABartram
    I won't have a bad word said against our glorious leader who gave me my Ist promote after the away game at Wigan when I claimed to have played with better Sunday league keepers than Thuram.
    Just proves that promotes have been so devalued these days ; - )
    You've got one promote, Henners - be proud of that ;-)
    I had 15 but @AFKABartram took them all away
    There’s certainly something fishy going on , I’ve only been flagged 32 times for Christ sake and I’m the king of the alt right nazis supposedly . :smiley:
    Only according to the public school boy "expert" on all thing far right as long as it's on the internet so he can show off. The rest of us think you're OK but read a lot of shite on the internet : - )
    Oi.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

At last, a picture of cabbles & Katie together, I reckon they are picking out a sofa somewhere.
    If Irving isn't picking holes in my polls he's coming onto my waffle
    FYI I've now made this my screensaver on my I-phone
  • Options
    And if it doesn’t happen there will no doubt be another 75 pages beofre we get the next ‘promise’ that something’s happening imminently!

Let’s face it, this thread is going to carry on for the next dozen owners. As soon as we get a new one the race will be on to hate them and then we’ll be preying for another one.

It’s basically Groundhog Day!
  • Options

'There has always been an inconsistency between my sources over timing, which I took a view on.

Helpful.
    So one said "It'll be done by the close of play tomorrow."and the other one said "it's got to happen one day, hasn't it?"

Is that about the size of it?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

At last, a picture of cabbles & Katie together, I reckon they are picking out a sofa somewhere.
    @Henry Irving if you'd like a screen saver of me, just PM me
  • Options
    Being away from this for a while and just trying to catch up. I've been reading this thread and other threads on a few other forums and social media. It all seems quite confusing, we have @Airman Brown saying it COULD go through this week, others are stating, elsewhere, that they have been told categorically that its a load of BS and RD is going nowhere, others are saying on social media they have heard its on, elsewhere its being reported in excess of £50m will get RD to sell. I think, for what its worth, we have two potential scenarios here, firstly - What @Airman Brown was told by various sources was true and we are in DD with an indicative price agreed, or secondly in order to discredit people the stories were 'fake news'.
    I don't know which way it cuts, I hope its the first way!!
    I look forward to logging in as and when I can for updates.

• Options
    Should we not look into taking the "imminent page 49" off the thread title?
  • Options
    Get to it then Rob
  • Options

Being away from this for a while and just trying to catch up. I've been reading this thread and other threads on a few other forums and social media. It all seems quite confusing, we have @Airman Brown saying it COULD go through this week, others are stating, elsewhere, that they have been told categorically that its a load of BS and RD is going nowhere, others are saying on social media they have heard its on, elsewhere its being reported in excess of £50m will get RD to sell. I think, for what its worth, we have two potential scenarios here, firstly - What @Airman Brown was told by various sources was true and we are in DD with an indicative price agreed, or secondly in order to discredit people the stories were 'fake news'.
    I don't know which way it cuts, I hope its the first way!!
    I look forward to logging in as and when I can for updates.

Lots of people pretending to be in the know; there is evidently a strong likelihood it won't go through , as with any takeover. I very much doubt Rick would have been quite so certain about the process if nothing was happening at all, however
  • Options
    Any chance the mods could adopt the same approach as with post match comments - when those comments from people who were actually there are made bold. Could comments that have some real relevance to the "imminent takeover" be emboldened...? Would save a lot of time for those only looking for some kind of update on the situation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Check your inbox @cabbles
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Check your inbox @cabbles
    Clique
  • Options
    2 days!!!!!!
  • Options
    cafc-west said:

Any chance the mods could adopt the same approach as with post match comments - when those comments from people who were actually there are made bold. Could comments that have some real relevance to the "imminent takeover" be emboldened...? Would save a lot of time for those only looking for some kind of update on the situation.

What about those that watched on iFollow?
  • Options

Uboat said:

Let’s face it, this thread is going to carry on for the next dozen owners. As soon as we get a new one the race will be on to hate them and then we’ll be preying for another one.

Don't try to normalise Roland.
    I’m not! When Richard Murray ran out of money we couldn’t wait to get a new owner in then when Slater ran out of money we couldn’t wait to get a new owner in.

The biggest difference, ironically, is that Roland hasn’t run out of money so he is, clearly, far from normal.

Anything short of a billionaire spend thrift with a desire to win the Champions League and there will be a fan (or fans) somewhere that will demand that we sign another striker or don’t sell another academy prospect. This is the way of football, and it’s not just at a charlton either.

We’ll have any new owner until he stops spending money and then we will have another one please, then another one, then another one.
    With the money that RD has spent since Jan 2014 he could have got us promoted to the Prem
    A bold quote. I'd be inclined to say that he could have run us a lot better, but getting to the premier league is now a whole different kettle of fish.
    If it was as easy as that, the likes of Leeds, Sheffield x 2, Forest, Fulham, Brum, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan,Villa,Wolves,Norwich,QPR...........would have done it years ago!

• Options
    cafc-west said:

In truth Westy, if you are looking for takeover news or updates, here isn’t the place to look. The Airman has said there is creditable evidence that a takeover may be happening and perhaps quite soon and I have no reason whatsoever not to believe him. This being the case then by now, non-disclosure agreements would have been signed and hence no news. The takeover may well fail for a variety of reasons or go ahead, that being the case a whole new thread of “It’s Happening” or “It’s Scuppered” will appear.
    Until then everything else is just noise. Just enjoy looking at pictures of Henners.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Scoham said:

cafc-west said:

What about those that watched on iFollow?
    i talics
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!