Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    So then ,after 88 pages we're still no wiser if it's happening or not, I reckon at least by page 100, we'll have something to celebrate or then again, probably not!
  • Options
    Whenever I start to write a post on this thread, I end up asking myself, is there anything left to say? Over 40+ pages of comments later... no I don’t think there was! Not that I’m complaining, I get it. People want to talk it through. I’m just assuming there’ll be an edit in the title or a new thread for anything concrete.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Whenever I start to write a post on this thread, I end up asking myself, is there anything left to say? Over 40+ pages of comments later... no I don’t think there was! Not that I’m complaining, I get it. People want to talk it through. I’m just assuming there’ll be an edit in the title or a new thread for anything concrete.

JiMMy 85 said:

"Takeover Tomorrow" would be a good title for this thread. Or "The End of Roland is Nigh".
  • Options
    We are so impatient! We've had three years of this crappy ownership that I'm sure we can all put up with a few more days if we have to (while hopefully the i's are dotted and the t's crossed). It may happen this week, it may not. We are confident it is happening! That is the main thing...
  • Options
    and we're a day closer to it happening than we were yesterday!
  • Options
    It's obviously true that we need to be patient but it's worth remembering that any new owner would want a deal done so that they can make moves in the transfer window. If a deal is progressing, and is ultimately successful, then in less than three months, we will have new owners. Three months isn't too long to wait considering we've suffered these fools for almost four years.
  • Options
    Move along. Nothing to see here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Hurry up! One way or another... PERLEASE!!!

This thread is as tortuous as a transfer thread.
  • Options
    Well to take your minds off it, how did Leon Best do and is he signing? Is big Josh being rested this weekend and lying in a deck chair somewhere sunny as we speak?
  • Options
    280.8K views 2.7K comments

Isn't that worth one promote?
  • Options

I don't think we need to disrespect Doucher's motives over this. There has always been an inconsistency between my sources over timing, which I took a view on. I haven't spoken to the ex-directors (and I wouldn't expect them to breach any confidences to talk to me when they potentially stand to gain financially), but for example you can't sell the club without them knowing because they have a first charge over the assets. So they would know if something was imminent.

Equally, if they don't know that doesn't disprove that there is a process, because they don't need to be brought in to the discussion until the end. And I would expect the club to deny there is a process full stop.

UK clubs are subject to enquiries frequently from would be owners abroad. And a London club with a decent pitch + stadium + location + history more so than most.
  • Options

bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Absolutely nothing has happened but least this threads given me a few laughs. Some genuine LOLs

I got 40 lols for one post so don't care if the takeover happens now or not.
    How's the promotes going Henners :wink:
    Still be denied my true promote count by a jealous @AFKABartram
    I won't have a bad word said against our glorious leader who gave me my Ist promote after the away game at Wigan when I claimed to have played with better Sunday league keepers than Thuram.
    Just proves that promotes have been so devalued these days ; - )
    You've got one promote, Henners - be proud of that ;-)
    I had 15 but @AFKABartram took them all away
    There’s certainly something fishy going on , I’ve only been flagged 32 times for Christ sake and I’m the king of the alt right nazis supposedly . :smiley:
  • Options
    buckshee said:

bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

Absolutely nothing has happened but least this threads given me a few laughs. Some genuine LOLs

How's the promotes going Henners :wink:
    Still be denied my true promote count by a jealous @AFKABartram
    I won't have a bad word said against our glorious leader who gave me my Ist promote after the away game at Wigan when I claimed to have played with better Sunday league keepers than Thuram.
    Just proves that promotes have been so devalued these days ; - )
    You've got one promote, Henners - be proud of that ;-)
    I had 15 but @AFKABartram took them all away
    There’s certainly something fishy going on , I’ve only been flagged 32 times for Christ sake and I’m the king of the alt right nazis supposedly . :smiley:
    Only according to the public school boy "expert" on all thing far right as long as it's on the internet so he can show off. The rest of us think you're OK but read a lot of shite on the internet : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This seems to be dropping down the forum. Is it being sunk? Is it Not Ha
    cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

At last, a picture of cabbles & Katie together, I reckon they are picking out a sofa somewhere.
    If Irving isn't picking holes in my polls he's coming onto my waffle
    Ew.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Addickted said:

Hence she never really learns from her mistakes and has only yes men around her.

At last, a picture of cabbles & Katie together, I reckon they are picking out a sofa somewhere.
    If Irving isn't picking holes in my polls he's coming onto my waffle
    Easy!
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Well to take your minds off it, how did Leon Best do and is he signing? Is big Josh being rested this weekend and lying in a deck chair somewhere sunny as we speak?

If there’s no takeover then Leon Best will sign

If the takeover goes through it will be Ronaldinho and Adriano #gettingthebandbacktogether

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Post elsewhere says no takeover unless someone comes up with £50m plus.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
  • Options

Addickted said:

Look like a couple of scout leaders.
  • Options

Were they laughing with you?
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Were they laughing with you?
    Ooh. He won't like that.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!