Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2017
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

I'm reliably informed that there is nothing happening and its been a non story from the start. Felt it the honourable thing to do to put you all out of suspense. I don't say this with any pleasure and I'm sure most will either ignore me or call me beardface or some other nonsense but there you go. Only passing on what I've been told - if I think its appropriate - as always.

I'm sure that's what you've been told and it may be that nothing will happen. However, I wouldn't have put it out there without having very solid and detailed information from more than one credible source. So I am confident that "there is nothing happening and it's been a non-story from the start" is simply not true.
    Fair enough but for me to be told what I've been told would suggest that if something was happening, it's not now - like you, we're only going by what others tell us.
    I do love it when people avoid elaborating :lol:

One of you has known connections to the club, the other is Airman you.

Basically this is my way of praying you're wrong.
  • Options
    Looking forward to the my dad is bigger than your dad type battle to commence here....
  • Options
    Someone ITK on another forum seems to think Roly will keep some form of interest should a purchase go through

So may rumours...oh who to believe
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I'm reliably informed that there is nothing happening and its been a non story from the start.

I can 100% tell you that is 100% incorrect

What you posted later with regards to it being right and now not may be true I don’t have any knowledge on that part
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    I don't think we need to disrespect Doucher's motives over this. There has always been an inconsistency between my sources over timing, which I took a view on. I haven't spoken to the ex-directors (and I wouldn't expect them to breach any confidences to talk to me when they potentially stand to gain financially), but for example you can't sell the club without them knowing because they have a first charge over the assets. So they would know if something was imminent.

Equally, if they don't know that doesn't disprove that there is a process, because they don't need to be brought in to the discussion until the end. And I would expect the club to deny there is a process full stop.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

I'm reliably informed that there is nothing happening and its been a non story from the start. Felt it the honourable thing to do to put you all out of suspense. I don't say this with any pleasure and I'm sure most will either ignore me or call me beardface or some other nonsense but there you go. Only passing on what I've been told - if I think its appropriate - as always.

If you cannot bring good news then don't bring any- Bob Dylan (The Wicked Messenger).
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

Someone ITK on another forum seems to think Roly will keep some form of interest should a purchase go through

So may rumours...oh who to believe

Acworth??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Greenie said:

If I remember correctly, the correct translation of the French verb 'doucher' is 'to dampen', as in 'to dampen one's enthusiasm'. I assume that you are merely validating your 'nom de plume'.

What's French for 'nom de plume' then clever clogs?
    Bexley Dan?
  • Options
    Absolutely nothing has happened but least this threads given me a few laughs. Some genuine LOLs
  • Options
    And still we wait, if nothing else I’ve learned a lot about Sue Parkes’s vol au vont habit during the last few hundred posts.Although “who ate all the vol au vonts” might not catch on as it doesn’t quite have the same snappiness as “who ate all the pies”
  • Options
    I believe the French for nom de plume is 'moniker'
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Absolutely nothing has happened but least this threads given me a few laughs. Some genuine LOLs

I got 40 lols for one post so don't care if the takeover happens now or not.
    How's the promotes going Henners :wink:
    Still be denied my true promote count by a jealous @AFKABartram
  • Options

RedChaser said:

I won't have a bad word said against our glorious leader who gave me my Ist promote after the away game at Wigan when I claimed to have played with better Sunday league keepers than Thuram.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I won't have a bad word said against our glorious leader who gave me my Ist promote after the away game at Wigan when I claimed to have played with better Sunday league keepers than Thuram.
    Just proves that promotes have been so devalued these days ; - )
  • Options

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

You've got one promote, Henners - be proud of that ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I had 15 but @AFKABartram took them all away
  • Options

How patient are we to be this time...

Cause this is doing me head in...please let it happen,for sanity's sake

Jesus Christ. Rick said it could be done by the end of this week at the earliest. So likelihood any deal would be done in a few weeks. If at all.
    Ooooops...soz...my winky face didn't work at the end of it...doh...!!!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

RedChaser said:

RedChaser said:

I had 15 but @AFKABartram took them all away
    The Lord giveth ......
    He moves in mysterious ways His wonders to perform
  • Options
    When's the ineivatble quote, KM "the club is not for sale" gana happen.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

When's the ineivatble quote, KM "the club is not for sale" gana happen.

When they've sold it, as technically at that point it won't be for sale.
  • Options
    edited October 2017

RedChaser said:

One letter makes such a difference.
    Henners would never call me that, we've stood shoulder to shoulder for the cause, I needed an orange box mind :wink:

I predict a missive from AFKA to get this thread back on track when he wades through this lot later.
  • Options

the real tragedy in this taking so long is the takeover won’t be in the new football manager that’s being released in the next week or so

Thought had crossed my mind aswell tbh haha!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!