Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• When has Roland ever come over to make important decisions? None of it makes any sense.

TBH, I'm not making any sense at the moment either.

I've now become a gibbering idiot.
  • It’s not a house it’s a business and it needs to keep operating, not that I’m defending the old..@&amp@%###}
  • Maybe we are at the do or die bit. All played out in secret! if I was the new buyer, I would value Konsa at £4m and knock that off the price and say take it or leave it!
  • This looks bad - we assumed Konsa sale was agreed with new owners. You don't agree to sell a house, then sell the garage to somebody else before completion!

Can you not see it as “right you’ve taken too long I’m taking the curtains with me now” ? Just a thought?
  • Fumbluff said:

I’ve had enough now. I’m going for a poo

I hope you will not be in there until the takeover goes through or you will be very sore :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• is see it as the greedy fucker is squeezing every penny he can, in doing so he might jeopardise the sale.

Konsa was always likely to be off as Bowyer said himself in January. however I bet the aussies would rather have had the money from it than Roland. if this is an issue I don't know how anyone could ever do business with Duchatelet. the aussies unfortunately might feel the same.
  • This looks bad - we assumed Konsa sale was agreed with new owners. You don't agree to sell a house, then sell the garage to somebody else before completion!

Can you not see it as “right you’ve taken too long I’m taking the curtains with me now” ? Just a thought?
    Yes, but Konsa is expensive curtains!
  • Weird as the "new owners" have already probably been to more games than RD ever managed.

Yes, but Konsa is expensive curtains!
    " Curtains for Roland" has a pleasing ring to it IMO.
  • Getting a sense of Deja Vous now. I can remember the total feeling of despondency when the Zabeel deal fell through. Really thought we were going to see the back of the old scroat by the end of this week. If he’s getting rid of more staff, can’t see the retainers wanting to hang around for too much longer which leaves the club in total disarray. I pray he’s not breaking us up and liquidating the club to get his money back
  • J BLOCK said:

Airman, red Henry - give us a shout, any hopeful bit of info would be great

AB's at the Oval watching England struggle to get past 215. ......he wont be bothering about this thread.....
  • J BLOCK said:

Are we 100% clear that the reason this hasn’t been wrapped up is with RD?

Because that may well not be the case.

Like maybe not showing they have monies

#Justsaying
    Surely, you don’t pass the fit and proper persons test without having funds, it’s a key part of passing it.
    Good point but as much as we've been told the fit and proper persons test has been passed we've not seen any news of this reported anywhere officially have we.
  • Sponsored links:

• Now would be a great time to go on holiday for two weeks with no access to Charlton life or the #CAFC Hash tag, massive sigh, actually sucked some of the enthusiasm out of me for the World Cup.
  • edited June 2018

Duchatelet threatening more player sales and staff cuts.

Cnut of the highest order.
  • RD patience wearing thin actually tells me that the Aussies are pissing around and not the other way round.

I reckon completely the opposite. RD has form for doing this (Standard Leige) & sees it as his revenge.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Aussies are trying to reduce the price if he is now selling off the players. For all we know Konsa might have been one of their bets for centre half & they now need to spend money in a dept they thought they were covered or the may have even earmarked him to be sold (at a higher price ?) & use the money for replacements (plural).

Back to our good old house analogy......if on the day before completion you found that your vendor had just ripped out thd kitchen don't you think you'd want to renegotiate the price ???
    I really think it’s way too late in the game for that. We all know what a stubborn old prick RD is. He will completely asset strip the club before even contemplating dropping the price.

Depressing!
  • It feels like a massive few days for the club.
  • Let's not forget that Roland milked Standard dry before selling them.
  • I highly doubt Roland wants to fund another season in L1. For that reason I am guessing it will happen soon
  • edited June 2018
    In the time it's taken me to make some (rubbish) flapjack, all hell has broken loose.

It really really don't want to contact my fella again, but I guess I'll have to.

Positive spin?

We don't really know anything except that Konsa has been sold. We don't know for sure that RD is swiping the money. Can't imagine for a minute that he can do that can he, if a price has been agreed? Not without it being deducted from the price?

I wonder where Crawley's info is coming from.

We have to pray the Aussies aren't walking away.
  • edited June 2018
    But surely the worst scenario for RD is for this drag on! He still has to fund the club while hes here, so hes just pissing more of his own money away the longer it takes? The Konsa sale would cover maybe a single month of losses for him at best?
  • J BLOCK said:

Are we 100% clear that the reason this hasn’t been wrapped up is with RD?

Because that may well not be the case.

Like maybe not showing they have monies

#Justsaying
    Surely, you don’t pass the fit and proper persons test without having funds, it’s a key part of passing it.
    That’s what I would like to think but the longer this whole shit show goes on you have to ask what the fuck is holding this up

Other clubs the takeover is complete pending a fit and proper persons test

We are doing the fit and proper yet no deal has been done (it would seem ) so surely the delay is on the buyers side not the sellers

There’s no evidence in the public domain to suggest this delay is caused by RD
    I agree with you @nth london addick . As much as I hate the guy I’m convinced that the delay is not down to RD.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!