Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• There isn’t a swear invented to date that would do justice for how I feel right now towards the Belgian.

It is as if he wants to destroy the club!
  • sammy391 said:

Well according to Beckey boy, who has been correct rather a lot recently (even on the sale of konsa) - Muir wasn’t happy that Konsa has been sold but the agreement for the takeover was that if any players are sold then the value comes off of the takeover price

That doesn’t mean much though. During due diligence they would have taken a conservative value of the squad and Konsa being one of the more saleable assets would have been a significant part of that.

Say RD has sold him at 2.5m and the Aussies valued him at 4m, they’re now paying £37.5m for a club their due diligence values at £36m.

That’s an issue, especially if they didn’t sign off on the transfer.
  • Duchatelet threatening more player sales and staff cuts.

Why would he do something like that? He must feel that the Aussies are dragging their heels on the deal.
  • edited June 2018
    Add to the fact that RD has a track record of keeping add-ons, the Aussies *could* be taking a significant loss if further outgoings and cuts are made.
  • I saw him walking out of the ground at 5.45pm with another bloke. The sale of Konsa and rumours of active cost cutting suggest it's all off. If so, we really will hit rock bottom this season.

Yep.
    So the old scrote has us by the balls
    More sales and staff cuts.
    But no new signings.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF.

And for what reason do you think he’s doing that?
  • edited June 2018
    Maybe - the club needs a cash injection now and he isn't willing to dip into his pockets to make it or it is a threat to the new owners - buy the club before I destroy it! I doubt that would work, but we can't know what is in the scum's warped mind! That's all I can think of. Any other possibilities that make some sense?

The point SOTF made is right - the new owners could have valued Konsa more than we sold him for!If done behind their backs it was reckless.
  • Duchatelet may have come to London and had a catch up with Richard Murray.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

Well according to Beckey boy, who has been correct rather a lot recently (even on the sale of konsa) - Muir wasn’t happy that Konsa has been sold but the agreement for the takeover was that if any players are sold then the value comes off of the takeover price

That doesn’t mean much though. During due diligence they would have taken a conservative value of the squad and Konsa being one of the more saleable assets would have been a significant part of that.

Say RD has sold him at 2.5m and the Aussies valued him at 4m, they’re now paying £37.5m for a club their due diligence values at £36m.

That’s an issue, especially if they didn’t sign off on the transfer.
    This. Fecking twoshits hasn't a clue. Is there no-one on here that luves close to the ground & can pop down & string him up.

@Airman Brown threatening who?
    I don’t understand what’s going on here. Is the price still being debated?
  • Maybe - the club needs a cash injection now and he isn't willing to dip into his pockets to make it or it is a threat to the new owners - buy the club before I destroy it! I doubt that would work, but we can't know what is in the scum's warped mind! That's all I can think of. Any other possibilities that make some sense?

Agreed I don't think RD has wanted to dip into his own pocket any more since KM left. He'll know he can't afford to keep pumping in cash while trying to sell the club as it is.

Sounds like he's trying to put the squeeze on The Aussies and threaten a fire sale with the few players remaining of any worthwhile value. Can see a relegation fight on the cards unless this is resolved by the weekend.
  • RD wants to sell though so I’d like to know why on earth is the deal taking so long to be finalised? If it’s not with the EFL anymore what the f@ck are Muir’s lot up to?
  • Maybe all along it has been Muir's lot dragging their feet hoping Roly will drop the price in desperation.
  • RD patience wearing thin actually tells me that the Aussies are pissing around and not the other way round.
  • Well obvious now no take over this Friday, I just get the feeling were being strung along.
  • Brinkmanchatalet.

The petulant, dying act of a failure. He thinks he's calling the shots still. He doesn't realise that he's actually the man who walks into the bank holding a gun to his own head, threatening to pull the trigger unless they pony up the dough.

Roland, do whatever you do to sell the club as quickly as possible. Your childish and self-defeating interference is now only harming one person: you, you old scrote.
  • in the arms of a mad man----threatening player sales ???? thats Asset Stripping and hits the overall valuation of the club therefore its net worth that in itself could make the Aussies re assess their bid ----utter bollox
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2018
    Reads to me like a lot of guesswork, taken the Konsa sale and assumed the rest.
  • Reads to me like a lot of guesswork, taken the Konsa sale and assumed the rest.

Reads to me like he has been given lots of different information that points towards Roland making plans for next season thus keeping hold of the club.
  • If the takeover breaks down and players like Pearce, Forster-Caskey, Fosu, Aribo and Magennis are sold then putting your money on us to be relegated might not be such a silly bet.
  • Will never be surprised of the action that RD will take. He is used to doing what he wants and will not be messed about. It seems a warning to the Aussies, sort it out or I will keep selling to pay debts
  • Airman, red Henry - give us a shout, any hopeful bit of info would be great
  • Reads to me like a lot of guesswork, taken the Konsa sale and assumed the rest.

Cawley does not print/write guesswork.
  • It’s already been indicated Cawley has a direct line to the Aussies so I think we can assume this report isn’t cobbled together
  • When has Roland ever come over to make important decisions? None of it makes any sense.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!