Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Could events elsewhere throw the whole takeover into chaos?

What events?

why would they?

Muir has philanthropic tendencies.
  • What events elsewhere?

The Konsa deal? Who knows but can understand why you may feel that way
  • Aussies getting spanked in the cricket?
  • edited June 2018

Could events elsewhere throw the whole takeover into chaos?

why would they?

Agreed. That should not have any relevance on the purchase of a football club. It’s an issue that will be dealt with accordingly.
  • edited June 2018
    its not happening...again.
  • What events elsewhere?

Ibiza.
  • Sponsored links:

• What events elsewhere?

Ibiza.
    Yeah, just realised. I doubt it.
  • Still hope we might get it today but feel like someone ie Rich would have posted something by now. Either way, it’s clearly very close and hopefully be announced by the weekend at the latest.
  • Still hope we might get it today but feel like someone ie Rich would have posted something by now. Either way, it’s clearly very close and hopefully be announced by the weekend at the latest.

Where’s the press conference announcing the takeover, new manager and 5 new signings you promised Harry?

Nothing today.
  • Scoham said:

"Quote" rel="The Red Robin">That lot on the other site getting in a right state about SCP potentially being manager. Love it.

I wonder what could possibly motivate all this furious opposition to the black manager Chris Powell?
    Hope that was a poor attempt at a joke
    No. How do you explain it? Most successful manager we’ve had for years, loves our club, loves the fans, all round lovely human being, and some people insist on hating him. Why?
    They don't like CharltonLife/CARD, i.e. many of the Charlton fans that see Powell as a legend and a good manager.

Addickted said:

"Quote" rel="The Red Robin">That lot on the other site getting in a right state about SCP potentially being manager. Love it.

I wonder what could possibly motivate all this furious opposition to the black manager Chris Powell?
    Hope that was a poor attempt at a joke
    No. How do you explain it? Most successful manager we’ve had for years, loves our club, loves the fans, all round lovely human being, and some people insist on hating him. Why?
    I think that our squad was clearly a cut above that year, and I am yet to be convinced they were all players of his choosing.

You mean players like Bradley Wright-Philips, Danny Green, Danny Hollands, Dale Stephens, Matt Taylor, Rhoys Wiggins, Ben Hamer, Bradley Pritchard and of course Yann Kermorgant?

That lot can't hold a candle up to the likes of Nego, Parzyszek, Thuram, Koc, Tudgay

You've mis-understood.

I agree they are better players. Hence why we smashed the league....I'm not sure he recommended them all is I am saying.
    I thought he was tactically naive at times and don't think we currently have a squad like those years ago where that can be hidden by the fact it's the strongest squad.
    Why would that be a requirement? Of course he didn't do it on his own, but all managers should have plenty of help in that area from their coaching and scouting teams.

Morrison and Yann were at Leicester so he'd have known them. Yann was his best signing and Morrison one of the best.

I agree with those that said they'd be happy with Bowyer, Powell or Nathan Jones.
    Maybe selecting the players isn't a requirement. As you say, coaching and scouting teams help - but will they be as strong this time around? Was it the previous coaching and scouting that GAVE CP the best team in the league to work with? Could we do that again?
    Are there 16 odd players from league 1 and on the fringes of Championship that we could attract & sign (times have changed considerably in the past couple of years) to repeat the same feat? Maybe...let's see.

I just don't see CP as the miracle worker that some others do.

No racism, no agenda, no WUMMING...Just not as hung up on Powell as some other fans

And just to get you all going...I think Curbs was partially to blame for our relegation from the Prem - but perhaps I'll leave that for another day :smile:
    I thought Lennie was shit.

Nothing today.
    This week?

Nothing today.
    been the mantra for about a year now, not from you AB, just in general. I'm sure it will happen day. Well not sure but hopeful.
  • edited June 2018

Could events elsewhere throw the whole takeover into chaos?

why would they?

Muir has philanthropic tendencies.
    The dirty bastard! If that's what he's into I don't want him anywhere near our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• It isn't right to call anybody a racist unless you know they are. They will have views based on a number of things. Personally, I think Powell would be great for us right now, but I just can't see him leaving Southend so soon after joining them. It isn't the way he works and why he is so respected by most of us!

Spot on mate.
    Powell is a man of principle as he showed when he refused to pick Douchbag players at Sheff Utd.
    So for me it has to be Bowyer.
  • edited June 2018
    I would agree with that with the caveat that it is reasonable for Bowyer to convince the new owner of his plan. We won't be party to that, but they are putting their money in. I am confident he would be a good choice, but if they go elsewhere we have to respect that too.
  • CP is under contract, I doubt the Aussies will want to hit the ground running having to pay Southend compo.

It seems they will have enough to pay out each month just to keep us ticking over.
  • Another fantastic couple of Charlton days. Rape allegations against 2 Charlton players. Konsa sold to Brentford. And still no concrete sign that the takeover is happening. Great, f***ing great.
  • Just in from the beach here in Lagos Portugal, about to head out to a bar. Has it happened yet?!
  • Just in from the beach here in Lagos Portugal, about to head out to a bar. Has it happened yet?!

Nothing to see here. Go out and get sh!tfaced.
  • What a damp squib
  • Another fantastic couple of Charlton days. Rape allegations against 2 Charlton players. Konsa sold to Brentford. And still no concrete sign that the takeover is happening. Great, f***ing great.

And the potholes in the carpark are getting bigger.
  • I would agree with that with the caveat that it is reasonable for Bowyer to convince the new owner of his plan. We won't be party to that, but they are putting their money in. I am confident he would be a good choice, but if they go elsewhere we have to respect that too.

My contact thought Bowyer had done a great job from when he took over. My money's on him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!