Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Surely if it is today we would have heard by now that a press conference has been called?
  • SCP or Nathan for me.
  • Suppose it could be an announcement on the O/S today with a Press Conference in due course

There have been a few cases recently (Paul Hurst / Ipswich being one) where the Manager has been announced at a club yet in Hurst's case, he's only just had his first Press Conference as their boss
  • Quite happy with Bowyer or Powell. It would be hard to say no to Powell if available but a big part of me believes Bowyer deserves a chance. I also wouldn't mind giving Nathan Jones a look. He's done a fantastic job at Luton and they're playing some good, effective football.

Nathan Jones a great shout Red. I'll keep banging my Gareth Ainsworth drum.

However, can't deny that Bowyer most definitely deserves a chance though.
  • edited June 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

cafc-west said:

Hey @JamesSeed . Me, and I suspect the majority on here, really appreciate your insider knowledge and what you share- but I do fear for your mental health the amount of posts you put on here and the fact you respond to so many comments/questions. Take a break!

Blimey am I that bad!? The thing is, my wife hates football, my eldest son isn't interested at all, and my 12 year old comes to matches, but isn't interested beyond that. I don't know any Charlton fans, in fact I hardly know any football fans.
    And I spend a lot of time in the kitchen as you know, and that's where the tablet is.

The mental health is tip top though, and I keep many plates spinning, and have many interest outside of the game. But I woke up one day to find I was Jimmy Seed's grandson. Bloody hell!
    So dont @charltonnick @SE7toSG3 @UEAAddick and me count? ; - )
    Yeah of course you do, but you'all live too blinkin' far away. Or I do.
    @tricky lives round the corner and he's a convert from another SE London side like you ; - )

And @SE7toSG3 lives up north somewhere
  • Quite happy with Bowyer or Powell. It would be hard to say no to Powell if available but a big part of me believes Bowyer deserves a chance. I also wouldn't mind giving Nathan Jones a look. He's done a fantastic job at Luton and they're playing some good, effective football.

Ainsworth another good shout.

If it is an Ainsworth drum it must be an oil one. #gypsyjoe
  • Time to update the thread title I think :wink: It's 70 pages old.
  • Sponsored links:

Would be happy with any of those three but hilarious that some people getting upset that it might be SCP.
    They are probably getting upset because under his management we got 101 points and 82 goals in this division, not good enough.
  • Whenever there's a stronger rumour than usual on here regarding a Takeover announcement, my first port of call is to check if Airman is online .....and to question whether he is AWOL due to a dash up the motorway to SE7.

Just checked and he's MIA !

Then realised he's en route to The Oval (spit!)

However, our main man at CASTrust is also absent at this moment in time.

Pico !!

Where are you ?
  • Uboat said:

This might sound like a stupid question, but how is the announcement likely to be made? A tweet? Club website? Press conference?

Just an A4 piece of paper in the club shop window “under new management, re-opening soon”
    ‘Moving to new premises’.
  • according to some (unsubstantiated) tweets Muir and Roland are having a meting at the Valley right now.

Based on a deleted Facebook post apparently. Got to be a wind up.
  • edited June 2018
  • Announce takeover.

Am I doing it right?
  • edited June 2018

"Quote" rel="The Red Robin">That lot on the other site getting in a right state about SCP potentially being manager. Love it.

I wonder what could possibly motivate all this furious opposition to the black manager Chris Powell?
    Hope that was a poor attempt at a joke
    No. How do you explain it? Most successful manager we’ve had for years, loves our club, loves the fans, all round lovely human being, and some people insist on hating him. Why?
    Agree with the above, nice bloke etc. But I personally wouldn't have him back as first choice at this moment in time. I think that our squad was clearly a cut above that year, and I am yet to be convinced they were all players of his choosing. Don't think he is necessarily what we need right now managerial wise. (if he gets the job, and we get promoted, there will be no one happier than me)
  • Sponsored links:

• Photoshop's a wonderful thing.
  • Laddick01 said:
    Didn't realise Jim Davidson was part of the consortium....

• "Quote" rel="The Red Robin">That lot on the other site getting in a right state about SCP potentially being manager. Love it.

I wonder what could possibly motivate all this furious opposition to the black manager Chris Powell?
    No. How do you explain it? Most successful manager we’ve had for years, loves our club, loves the fans, all round lovely human being, and some people insist on hating him. Why?
    Agree with the above, nice bloke etc. But I personally wouldn't have him back as first choice at this moment in time. I think that our squad was clearly a cut above that year, and I am yet to be convinced they were all players of his choosing. Don't think he is necessarily what we need right now managerial wise. (if he gets the job, and we get promoted, there will be no one happier than me)

Am I racist too?
    Dirty racist

Are you Stan collymore?

• edited June 2018

"Quote" rel="The Red Robin">That lot on the other site getting in a right state about SCP potentially being manager. Love it.

Am I racist too?
    Clearly not. I disagree with you but you present reasoned arguments on your doubts about him
  • Addickted said:

I think that our squad was clearly a cut above that year, and I am yet to be convinced they were all players of his choosing.

You mean players like Bradley Wright-Philips, Danny Green, Danny Hollands, Dale Stephens, Matt Taylor, Rhoys Wiggins, Ben Hamer, Bradley Pritchard and of course Yann Kermorgant?

That lot can't hold a candle up to the likes of Nego, Parzyszek, Thuram, Koc, Tudgay

You've mis-understood.

I agree they are better players. Hence why we smashed the league....I'm not sure he recommended them all is I am saying.
    I thought he was tactically naive at times and don't think we currently have a squad like those years ago where that can be hidden by the fact it's the strongest squad.
  • Addickted said:

I think that our squad was clearly a cut above that year, and I am yet to be convinced they were all players of his choosing.

You mean players like Bradley Wright-Philips, Danny Green, Danny Hollands, Dale Stephens, Matt Taylor, Rhoys Wiggins, Ben Hamer, Bradley Pritchard and of course Yann Kermorgant?

That lot can't hold a candle up to the likes of Nego, Parzyszek, Thuram, Koc, Tudgay

You've mis-understood.

I agree they are better players. Hence why we smashed the league....I'm not sure he recommended them all is I am saying.
    I thought he was tactically naive at times and don't think we currently have a squad like those years ago where that can be hidden by the fact it's the strongest squad.

some people will never be satisfied
  • @To_Be_Franck Perhaps you're right about that. I hope so.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!