Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.
  • Who he?
  • edited May 2018
  • dickplumb said:

According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.

He’s the Chairman if Balfour Beatty.

This surely means that part of their plan is to construct something at the site of the Valley and build us a new stadium on the peninsular?!?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Aiken
  • Promote removed, and the dogs are not getting fed this weekend. Be afraid @JamesSeed

That is every CL dog and includes my little Jack-Chi JJ! :smile:
  • Not that he can always be believed but RD says that negotiations for a sale have been going on since the start of last season ie summer 2017.
  • JamesSeed said:

Another day gone another weekend gone another week gone

And still the aussies have not shown the money

Hmmmm

Mate.. you don’t believe they have the money and that’s fine.

Although I’m not sure how you think a purchase on this scale happens? ‘Shown the money’ to who? Us?

Nobody is going to turn up with a bag of gold sovereigns, climb the statue of Sam Bartram and wave an Australian flag
    I think the fellas scepticism is with the dragging on.

I get his views.

I would suggest the only people that actually know definitively whether the Aussies have the requisite funds are Muir and Murphy themselves, possibly their lawyers, and maybe (although not definitely) Duchatelet.

The likelihood of any of these three sources divulging the information to some bloke on Charlton Life are slim to none.

Consider:

It is definitely in the Aussies’ interest that Duchâtelet thinks they are less wealthy than they possibly are.

It is in Duchatelet’s interest that all parties involved believe they are still in the running and nothing is complete.

It is in Duchâtelet’s nature to make out like he is the good guy in all this, and that we (the naughty, ungrateful fans) should be careful what we wish for.

I don't know him from Charlton Life.
    And if I'd asked my source if they had the requisite funds I'm fairly sure he would have told me. Why wouldn't he?
    I didn't bother to ask because I assumed they have, and still do.
    I think the point is that they want enough backing to give us a chance of making it to the Premier League. I don't believe NLA's contact is right when he says they can't even raise the £35m - £45m to buy the club. The fact that one or more of their backers needed to check up on a couple of issues doesn't mean that.
    Maybe the two investors mentioned are two new, additional investors who add even more to the war chest.
    I never said they couldn’t raise the funds

I said at this moment in time they are yet to prove they have the funds can get the funds are willing to spend the funds required

A big difference in what you believe I am saying

Your own source told you it was awaiting sign off

And now my own source who you think you knew has told ROT the same in the interview then I rest my case 8)
    To be fair you said "they don't have the money"

You've clarified that now.

I think they have the money and have put it down on the table.
  • dickplumb said:

According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.

This surely means that part of their plan is to construct something at the site of the Valley and build us a new stadium on the peninsular?!?

Although I think it is important that this info has come from King Wum Bexley.
  • I asked a friend, who lives close to Melbourne, to find some info on Muir and Essendon. Essendon does not own their ground, but they were involved in a performance enhancing drug scandal a while ago, it didnt involve Muir, only the coach and trainer, they are all squeaky clean now.......but very hush hush.

Only Info on Muir - which may or may not be helpful, is below, as I received it.....

I am the Founder and Director of The Good Foundation, a Board Director for Essendon Football Club, Co-Founder of Best Friends Pet Care and Founder of Momatu.

I was CEO of The Good Guys from 1993 to 2005, and the group’s Executive Chairman between the years of 2005 and 2016. My formative years were spent working on the shop floor of my father’s retail business, Mighty Muir’s, whilst I studied economics and financial management. After graduating from university, I worked at Coopers and Lybrand for three and a half years before moving back into the family business as the financial accountant. When I took over as CEO of Mighty Muirs in 1993, I renamed the business to The Good Guys. During my 12 years in this role, I led the company through a period of rapid growth and developed The Good Guys iconic brand to be one of Australia's leading consumer household appliances and electronics retailers.

In 2016, JB Hi-Fi acquired The Good Guys (64 years after it was founded by my father) and it was then that I stepped away from my duties as Executive Chairman.

I am the Co-Founder of Best Friends Pet Care, a retail business I launched after identifying a gap in the market for a pet care brand that catered to all the needs of the modern pet owner. Today there are 27 Best Friends Pet Care centres across Australia that offer everything pet related under the one roof, with an onsite veterinarian, grooming service and puppy school in every store.

In 2016 I founded Momatu, a first of its kind free digital timeline tool (available on desktop and as an app) that is set to change the way we document, protect and enjoy life’s most precious moments forever.

Today, a major focus for me is my philanthropic interests. It has long been a strong belief of mine that business and its leaders have an obligation to give back to the community in meaningful ways.

Experience
    Momatu
    Founder
    Momatu
    2016 – Present (2 years)
    Momatu is a first of its kind free digital timeline tool that is set to change the way we document, protect and enjoy life’s most precious moments forever.

I was inspired to create Momatu when I started the process of documenting the history of The Good Guys and realised compiling and ordering decades of memories together in a compelling fashion would not be a simple or enjoyable task, particularly when these memories consisted of physical photos, memory cards, USBs and countless digital files.

Momatu is available in both an intuitive desktop version and mobile app, and provides users with a private space to capture or upload photos and videos, with the option to include historical events that shaped their lives, as they create and co-create rich chronological timelines.

Essendon Football Club
    Board Director
    Essendon Football Club
    March 2015 – Present (3 years 3 months)
    I am on the board of Essendon Football Club where I am the chair of the Nominations & Remuneration Committee. This follows a lifetime of barracking for the club.
  • JamesSeed said:

Another day gone another weekend gone another week gone

And still the aussies have not shown the money

Hmmmm

Mate.. you don’t believe they have the money and that’s fine.

Although I’m not sure how you think a purchase on this scale happens? ‘Shown the money’ to who? Us?

Nobody is going to turn up with a bag of gold sovereigns, climb the statue of Sam Bartram and wave an Australian flag
    I think the fellas scepticism is with the dragging on.

I get his views.

I would suggest the only people that actually know definitively whether the Aussies have the requisite funds are Muir and Murphy themselves, possibly their lawyers, and maybe (although not definitely) Duchatelet.

The likelihood of any of these three sources divulging the information to some bloke on Charlton Life are slim to none.

Consider:

It is definitely in the Aussies’ interest that Duchâtelet thinks they are less wealthy than they possibly are.

It is in Duchatelet’s interest that all parties involved believe they are still in the running and nothing is complete.

It is in Duchâtelet’s nature to make out like he is the good guy in all this, and that we (the naughty, ungrateful fans) should be careful what we wish for.

I don't know him from Charlton Life.
    And if I'd asked my source if they had the requisite funds I'm fairly sure he would have told me. Why wouldn't he?
    I didn't bother to ask because I assumed they have, and still do.
    I think the point is that they want enough backing to give us a chance of making it to the Premier League. I don't believe NLA's contact is right when he says they can't even raise the £35m - £45m to buy the club. The fact that one or more of their backers needed to check up on a couple of issues doesn't mean that.
    Maybe the two investors mentioned are two new, additional investors who add even more to the war chest.
    I never said they couldn’t raise the funds

I said at this moment in time they are yet to prove they have the funds can get the funds are willing to spend the funds required

A big difference in what you believe I am saying

Your own source told you it was awaiting sign off

And now my own source who you think you knew has told ROT the same in the interview then I rest my case 8)
    To be fair you said "they don't have the money"

You've clarified that now.

I think they have the money and have put it down on the table.
    Or he has had to go home to gee up those that are involved before they put their money down
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    dickplumb said:

Aiken was named as the chairman (of AFC) in the original Mail Online story in April 2017. The Mail story has proven pretty accurate, although they never identified Muir as involved. Can’t think who did. The only reason to think the Aiken chairman stuff may be untrue is that 1) it was suggested to me Muir would be chairman a few weeks back and 2) Aiken recently denied any continuing involvement - as @Curb_It has reported. I still think one of the guys in the directors’ box looks like a relative of Aiken.
  • edited May 2018

dickplumb said:

You would struggle to find space on the peninsular now. Time has moved on and the Chinese developers are building housing and retail everywhere. Much more profitable than a stadium.

The Valley is landlocked by narrow roads and the railway. Any alternative use would be limited by this.

One further point this is what Balfour Beatty do

• Construction services: Design, construction management, refurbishment and fit out, mechanical and electrical services, civil engineering, ground engineering and rail engineering.

• Support services: Installation, upgrade and maintenance of water, gas and electricity networks; rail renewals; street and public space management, operation and maintenance.

• Infrastructure investments: A portfolio of long term (Public Private Partnership ('PPP') concessions in the United Kingdom, primarily in the education, health and roads/street lighting sectors.

Not really in stadium construction.
  • Crusty54 said:

dickplumb said:

You would struggle to find space on the peninsular now. Time has moved on and the Chinese developers are building housing and retail everywhere. Much more profitable than a stadium.

The Valley is landlocked by narrow roads and the railway. Any alternative use would be limited by this.

One further point this is what Balfour Beatty do

• Construction services: Design, construction management, refurbishment and fit out, mechanical and electrical services, civil engineering, ground engineering and rail engineering.

• Support services: Installation, upgrade and maintenance of water, gas and electricity networks; rail renewals; street and public space management, operation and maintenance.

• Infrastructure investments: A portfolio of long term (Public Private Partnership ('PPP') concessions in the United Kingdom, primarily in the education, health and roads/street lighting sectors.

Not really in stadium construction.
    They would certainly know how to fill a pothole though...
  • Don’t think he’ll sell to start of season at least so he can fuck up another season worth losing another 2 million to him. Just to spite us.
  • Sponsored links:

• My thinking in this is that you are making it up as you go along @Henry Irving :smile:
  • My thinking in this is that you are making it up as you go along @Henry Irving :smile:

As usual

;0)
  • I suggest, from no personal knowledge, that the incoming owners will have identified their SMT and football manahement team and will be already planning for next season - wouldn’t they?
  • Well they have indicated that they would follow a recruitment process to appoint the team manager and would hold interviews. I doubt that they could have embarked on that process proper other than by putting out feelers. As for the executive roles then I’m sure that the names are known.
  • edited May 2018
    Just seen Tony in BandQ buying a new burger flipper !!!!! It's happening it's happening

PS Tom from Eltham it's a joke I don't know where he buys his burger flippers
  • edited May 2018
    Ha ha ha ha he is like Voldemort to me mate
  • I suggest, from no personal knowledge, that the incoming owners will have identified their SMT and football manahement team and will be already planning for next season - wouldn’t they?

I would hope so.
  • Used to love Butterscotch Angel Delight

Late to the party but I to used to love butterscotch Angel delight
  • Will this make 3 million views?
  • Used to love Butterscotch Angel Delight

Late to the party but I to used to love butterscotch Angel delight
    Chocolate, butterscotch and banana.

But only when I was in my early teens.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!