Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Done deal.

Just got a 2 for 1 on controller boards online so I can convert my old laptop into a fully fledged mini TV.

But why 2 for 1?

Well if you get offered 2 for 1 on something you need, why not buy a spare?!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Done deal.

Just got a 2 for 1 on controller boards online so I can convert my old laptop into a fully fledged mini TV.

But why 2 for 1?

Well if you get offered 2 for 1 on something you need, why not buy a spare?!

BOGOF!
  • Options
    Just walked past The Valley. Didnt hear Waltzing Matilda.
  • Options

Probably drowned out by the sound of all the press and TV motors arriving for the big announcement.
  • Options

Probably drowned out by the sound of all the press and TV motors arriving for the big announcement.
    What were they driving - Fiestas, Mondeos... Cortinas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    @jamesseed get hold of your contact and find some out news....

Someone get to Heathrow and someone else to Gatwick and wait for Muir, when you see him grab and drag him back to the Valley and dump him in the press room and whip your phone out record him verbally agreeing that he has bought Charlton then we have our sale.........

Sorry all this waiting and i have descended into lunacy!
  • Options

cafcfan said:

Let's hope our Australians manage to do better than this lot. Homebase: bought for £340mn two years ago, messed up, sold for a £1. bbc.com/news/business-44248409

"This must go down as one of the most disastrous retail acquisitions ever - a textbook example of how not to do it.

The Australian firm thought they could show the Brits how to do DIY. So confident, they immediately sacked Homebase's senior management team. That was a huge mistake."

This has a familiar ring to it :neutral:
    I worked (briefly) for Fujitsu, who manage the firewalls for HRG (Argos, former owners of Homebase). To say that this announcement isn't a surprise would be an understatement... :lol:
  • Options

bum him

butt munch
    alright Bevis
  • Options

I’m sure the good people at the EFL are working around the clock and over the bank holiday weekend in order to make this happen.

They will all be at Wembley for the 3 Play Off games.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

I’m sure the good people at the EFL are working around the clock and over the bank holiday weekend in order to make this happen.

All of them? Even the toilet cleaners?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Dansk_Red said:

plenty of empty seats for Sunday's game
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Dansk_Red said:

Toilet seats ?

• Options

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

Muir returning to Oz for 2 weeks could mean anything, unless you know more than you're telling.
  • Options
    Just got back from the Valley.

Saw a very nice red Jag parked up. Some flash git got in and drove off, wasn't Murphy or Muir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Me to
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Dansk_Red said:

Just hope Shrewsbury get beat , nasty bully boy team
  • Options
    Are we Bunnings yet?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Update:

Andrew Muir is flying back to Australia at the weekend for a two week break, after which he'll return to the UK.

Just my speculation, but that would mean Muir would have time to hold a press conference tomorrow, if there is an announcement to be made.

It could alternatively mean that he intends to come back in two weeks in time, for the completion of the sale, if the EFL has yet to complete its 'fit and proper persons test'.

After what I heard at my previous meeting, I believe the former is more likely to be the case.

Fingers and fins crossed!

More good news is that Muir and Murphy are very much looking forward to taking a tour of the Charlton Athletic Museum. Something you'd want to do if you were about to buy a football club with a history as rich as Charlton's.

Muir returning to Oz for 2 weeks could mean anything, unless you know more than you're telling.
    Nope.

You’re absolutely right though. The timing might have been connected to the takeover, or it could have been prearranged. Of course he doesn’t need to be in the UK for the takeover to progress.
  • Options

Are we Bumming yet?

Not right now Neil :wink:
  • Options

Are we Bumming yet?

Not right now Neil :wink:
    Are you coming onto me?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!