Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Croydon said:

Scoham said:

Dansk_Red said:

I’m sure the good people at the EFL are working around the clock and over the bank holiday weekend in order to make this happen.

They will all be at Wembley for the 3 Play Off games.
    All of them? Even the toilet cleaners?
    plenty of empty seats for Sunday's game
    Just hope Shrewsbury get beat , nasty bully boy team
    But bully boy tack ticks is what will get us out of this league
  • Options

Promote removed, and the dogs are not getting fed this weekend. Be afraid @JamesSeed

You're probably right. Perhaps should keep info to myself in future.
  • Options
    There was a young man from Dover, who wanted news of takeover, so he opened this thread, and found to his dread, puns, and no one in clover. This is not a cue for more Limericks.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Sage said:

Seriously if the Belgian cnut is still in charge next season then that's me finished until he goes.
    I could not put up with another season of douchbag.

He won't be in charge next season.

We just have to continue to be patient. That is all we can do. It has taken a long, long time with more complications than anyone really anticipated, but it will be done and he won't be here this time next month.
    this
  • Options
    Sage said:

Seriously if the Belgian cnut is still in charge next season then that's me finished until he goes.
    I could not put up with another season of douchbag.

He won't be in charge next season.

We just have to continue to be patient. That is all we can do. It has taken a long, long time with more complications than anyone really anticipated, but it will be done and he won't be here this time next month.
    Of all the posts on here today .
    This is the one I hope is true
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Promote removed, and the dogs are not getting fed this weekend. Be afraid @JamesSeed

Info is fine and welcomed.
    The unfortunate jumping to illogical conclusions, is where you tripped up.
    Except that I started the sentence with 'Just my speculation' and my statement was sprinkled with 'ifs'. No one should take speculation as anything more than thinking out loud. I also posted: ' The timing might have been connected to the takeover, or it could have been prearranged. Of course he doesn’t need to be in the UK for the takeover to progress.'
    And it wasn't illogical, just turned out to be wrong. I also said he might be coming back in time for the an announcement in two weeks. That's probably wrong, but as it's a possibility it's not illogical.

This could of course be a great opportunity to stick the boot in if anyone wants to ;-)

Consider yourself well and truly Booted
  • Options

Another day gone another weekend gone another week gone

And still the aussies have not shown the money

Hmmmm

Would love to know who your source is and why their info is so contrary to everything else out there right now.

Not a dig at your source, just genuine curiousity.
    I know, but I'm not telling ;-)

• Options
    edited May 2018

Another day gone another weekend gone another week gone

And still the aussies have not shown the money

Hmmmm

It is 100% certain that proof of funds have been shown. It is not possible to get to this point in negotiations without that having happened.

That’s not to say there are still things being negotiated or hold ups at the EFL but Duchatelet wouldn’t have his people working on this if he wasn’t sure the people he’s talking to were not funded.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    No pot noodles on this occasion, although we do like to keep a pot handy for emergencies.

I made sweet potato and chorizo soup the day before (just as well), and the main course featured a Waitrose cheat: Whole boned chicken with a sunblush tomato marinade. Served that with roast potatoes, baby carrots and French beans. Nothing very fancy I'm afraid.
    While I was speaking with someone who's cousin met someone connected to the consortium, my wife was busy making raspberry fool and a very nice blueberry cheesecake type thing. Luckily enough some friends found five bottles of Pol Roget in their basement while having a clearout.
    During the dinner I got into trouble when I was caught looking at my phone.
    I've worked hard today to make up for being late. I've now been allowed out of the doghouse.

We've got some raspberry fool left if anyone wants to try some?
    Thanks for all the information James.
    The most urgent matter that arises out of all this though is how do I get hold of a serving of the raspberry fool?
    There is some left. If you were a BBC Addick (Battersea, Balham, Clapham) you'd be close enough to take advantage. Just saying.
    I'm having lunch with a CLer today, and he hasn't even mentioned it. Not doubt he'll slip it into the conversation when we're paying the bill. Should I take some with me maybe? Worried about it going off in the heat.
    Not a BBC Addick, not even close.
    BooHoo no raspberry fool for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just got back from The Valley, got run over by a jag, and then some dirty old man in a cardigan tried to give me the kiss of life...I tried to tell him it was just my foot that got run over, but he wouldn’t listen.

Just got to the valley. Missed all the action. Bloody time zone differences.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Except that I started the sentence with 'Just my speculation' and my statement was sprinkled with 'ifs'. No one should take speculation as anything more than thinking out loud. I also posted: ' The timing might have been connected to the takeover, or it could have been prearranged. Of course he doesn’t need to be in the UK for the takeover to progress.'
    And it wasn't illogical, just turned out to be wrong. I also said he might be coming back in time for the an announcement in two weeks. That's probably wrong, but as it's a possibility it's not illogical.

This could of course be a great opportunity to stick the boot in if anyone wants to ;-)

Illogical conclusion or speculating on a particular outcome, when there literally could have been hundreds of reasons is just a difference in words to me.

Personally, I have no problem at all, because I thought your speculation was wide of the mark, but plenty of others didn't.
  • Options
    Let’s hope it’s not a disappointment of Zabeel proportions.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Illogical conclusion or speculating on a particular outcome, when there literally could have been hundreds of reasons is just a difference in words to me.

Personally, I have no problem at all, because I thought your speculation was wide of the mark, but plenty of others didn't.
    Don't know what you mean by your first sentence. Sounds like you're saying all speculation is illogical.
    I think the point is that my speculation is no different from anyone elses's, and we're all allowed to speculate, as it's what forums are for.
    To be honest, I had a feeling some would put the boot in if the announcement wasn't made today, no matter how many time I urged caution on this thread. It doesn't lead me to wonder if it's worth it.

I've not seen anyone put the boot in. Like you said it was only you speculating.

(What I meant by my first sentence was it doesn't really matter, whether we call it an illogical conclusion or speculation, it's of no consequence).

Anyway, I'm truly not in the least bothered. I wasn't clinging to your speculation in the slightest and didn't even look on here until late afternoon. Please don't think I'm "putting the boot in" because I'm grateful for any info and am happy to draw my own conclusions.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

HarryLime said:

JamesSeed said:

Morning folks. I survived the dinner party, although Mrs D wasn't too pleased with my late arrival. She had to delay our guests, but I just about got the food ready thirty minutes later than planned. I was also a bit knackered after cycling 106kms as training for the Prostate Cancer UK ride on first of June.
    So I'm about to sit down and write up my recollections of what was said last night (at the meeting, rather than at the dinner party).

I'm interested in the dinner party menu so if you can include that as well, I'm sick to death of all the pot noodle and pizza chat and want to hear about something a bit more sophisticated.
    No pot noodles on this occasion, although we do like to keep a pot handy for emergencies.

I made sweet potato and chorizo soup the day before (just as well), and the main course featured a Waitrose cheat: Whole boned chicken with a sunblush tomato marinade. Served that with roast potatoes, baby carrots and French beans. Nothing very fancy I'm afraid.
    While I was speaking with someone who's cousin met someone connected to the consortium, my wife was busy making raspberry fool and a very nice blueberry cheesecake type thing. Luckily enough some friends found five bottles of Pol Roget in their basement while having a clearout.
    During the dinner I got into trouble when I was caught looking at my phone.
    I've worked hard today to make up for being late. I've now been allowed out of the doghouse.

We've got some raspberry fool left if anyone wants to try some?
    Thanks for all the information James.
    The most urgent matter that arises out of all this though is how do I get hold of a serving of the raspberry fool?
    There is some left. If you were a BBC Addick (Battersea, Balham, Clapham) you'd be close enough to take advantage. Just saying.
    I'm having lunch with a CLer today, and he hasn't even mentioned it. Not doubt he'll slip it into the conversation when we're paying the bill. Should I take some with me maybe? Worried about it going off in the heat.
    Not a BBC Addick, not even close.
    BooHoo no raspberry fool for me.
    Blimey, we still have a large bowl of it still in the fridge. It was made exactly a week ago. Could it still be edible?

Ah, my GP sister-in-law has just told me the cream will have gone off :-(
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Don't know what you mean by your first sentence. Sounds like you're saying all speculation is illogical.
    I think the point is that my speculation is no different from anyone elses's, and we're all allowed to speculate, as it's what forums are for.
    To be honest, I had a feeling some would put the boot in if the announcement wasn't made today, no matter how many time I urged caution on this thread. It doesn't lead me to wonder if it's worth it.

I've not seen anyone put the boot in.
    Apart from @AFKABartram lol
    And @blackpool72
    And you, a bit.
    Tbh, it's all part of the deal, and it's fine.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    @JamesSeed your only mistake was to not realise that when you write might, could, maybe some people read that as will, must, definitely.

Everything you've said has been backed up by what other information is doing the rounds plus you have a direct source.

In future, just WhatsApp the gossip.
  • Options
    Everyone from the EFL has been in London for the last few days for the play off finals
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!