Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2018

As said previously, thanks for sharing both your thoughts and insight @JamesSeed . It’s appreciated and I wish you wouldn’t take so much to heart, a lot of of it is tongue in cheek.

Personally I’m hopeful for the future but ultimately the position is no different for me from when it was being leaked around in September, nearly nine months ago, that it ‘close’.

It stays at that status with me until the Club release a press notice saying ‘RD has agreed to sell the club, subject to EFL approval’, or if they skip that stage and announce the sale post EFL-approval.

Until that point, what ya man wants leaked out to you, the SLP, Airman etc are very enjoyable canapés, but it’s still not the main course.

My fear / suspicion is in two weeks time we’ll be calling the maitre-de over again and he will be saying it will arrive ‘very soon’.

And when the wisest of posts hit the nail on the head the rest can go home

The End
  • Options
    My Jack-Chi is suitably starved and ready to be let loose on Mr Seed.

Seriously though, if Muir flies back to the UK early we will all get excited again!
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Seriously though, if Muir flies back to the UK early we will all get excited again!

If he ’ever’ flies back to the UK we will all get excited again!
  • Options

If he blows his nose we'll get excited

• Options

I can't think of a reason why he'd have to fly back early. But I'm excited anyway.
  • Options

I doubt Mr Muir would be leaving Melbourne any earlier than next Sunday; next Saturday night is the annual Dreamtime at the 'G match between Essendon (the club which Mr Muir both supports and serves as a director) and Richmond (the reigning Premiers).

This is one of the big showpiece matches on the AFL calendar with 70,000+ expected at the MCG to watch two of the oldest and biggest AFL rivals, all wrapped up in a major celebration of the indiginous people and culture with spectacular pre-match ceremonies.

I don't support either team but it's an occasion that I wouldn't turn down a ticket for!
  • Options

dickplumb said:

According to Colin Philip Aiken will be the new Chairman of Charlton. He was at the Valley yesterday.

Aiken was named as the chairman (of AFC) in the original Mail Online story in April 2017. The Mail story has proven pretty accurate, although they never identified Muir as involved. Can’t think who did. The only reason to think the Aiken chairman stuff may be untrue is that 1) it was suggested to me Muir would be chairman a few weeks back and 2) Aiken recently denied any continuing involvement - as @Curb_It has reported. I still think one of the guys in the directors’ box looks like a relative of Aiken.
    You should, it was on the cover on Voice of the Valley : - )
    That can’t be right. I don’t have any sources, apparently.

Don't be shy. You have multiple personalities

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    Random though but the date I genuinely think it will happen, Thursday 14th June.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

Random though but the date I genuinely think it will happen, Thursday 14th June.

Sage by name ...
  • Options
    Sage said:

Indeed. The Lewisham East By-Election will happen on that date.
  • Options

Sage said:

Sage by name ...
    31st May, my daughter’s birthday, for the sale. Announced on 12th or 13th.
    Maybe.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Sage said:

Sage by name ...
    31st May, my daughter’s birthday, for the sale. Announced on 12th or 13th.
    Maybe.
    What year?
  • Options
    I'll join your BBBC Addicks group @JamesSeed

I'm sure @Henry Irving will give me a glowing reference!
  • Options
    It would've been today but for @lancashire lad s anniversary...
  • Options
    It’s so us that this is dragging on.
    Ha, still love us.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    tricky said:

I will @tricky but I hear a rumour you're missing the first game of next season
  • Options
    tricky said:

It's you and me then!
  • Options

As said previously, thanks for sharing both your thoughts and insight @JamesSeed . It’s appreciated and I wish you wouldn’t take so much to heart, a lot of of it is tongue in cheek.

Personally I’m hopeful for the future but ultimately the position is no different for me from when it was being leaked around in September, nearly nine months ago, that it is ‘close’.

It stays at that status with me until the Club release a press notice saying ‘RD has agreed to sell the club, subject to EFL approval’, or if they skip that stage and announce the sale post EFL-approval.

Until that point, what ya man wants leaked out to you, the SLP, Airman etc are very enjoyable canapés, but it’s still not the main course.

My fear / suspicion is in two weeks time we’ll be calling the maitre-d over again and he will be saying it will arrive ‘very soon’.

Tomorrow never comes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Personally I’m hopeful for the future but ultimately the position is no different for me from when it was being leaked around in September, nearly nine months ago, that it is ‘close’.

My fear / suspicion is in two weeks time we’ll be calling the maitre-d over again and he will be saying it will arrive ‘very soon’.

Got it in one.
  • Options
    The more this goes on, the less chance we have of putting a team together capable of going up, has to happen in the next ten days
  • Options
    Some good stuff there @Grapevine49
  • Options
    A considered and educational post as always, Grapevine.

Thank you.
  • Options
    Very thought provoking Grapevine. Thanks.
  • Options
    Well, there you have it. Close thread down.

Reopen once the takeover is complete for Grapevine to do another excellent summary of the deal. This will include what it means for the club as a business and football organisation, as well as on the football matters side too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!