Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:

Sorry but if he was ever in such close proximity to me I don't think I could resist the urge to lamp him one.

Now, now - violence isn't the answer.

I wouldn't resort to violence and would take the moral high ground. Something like gently walking up to him and whispering in his ear "you're a c*nt".
    Are we talking about Roland or Muscat?
  • Options
    Just feels like the end game. Great work by @jamesseed and the ROT party.
  • Options

ozziedave said:

Tim Cahill not being retained by Millwall.

I hear the monkey house at London Zoo need a stand in gorilla...
    Commenting he’s Australian and high profile and available and w3 need a manager. God I hope not.

Don't go hard at Tim Cahill, he's a legend. If you want something to moan about The team who won the A Leaugue this year was Melbourne Victory -Manager Kevin Muscat. Feel free to go as hard as you like.
    Neither of them are legends on this side of South London.
    Yeah well I guess I've shouted for him in over 100 internationals and he's been the difference between us making the World Cup and not. As for Muscat he manages the club that I hate more than all other. I support Adelaide United and we play in Red and they are Melbourne Victory play in blue, managed by Kevin Muscat who are thugs but never get sent off. They have supporters who are unaffectionately known as the tards. Every time we play its about the only game in any code in Australia that has to have riot police on standby. Twice we have been dudded out of 2 A-League titles by these ..... and their shit refs who look after them. Sound at all familiar.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ozziedave said:

ozziedave said:

Commenting he’s Australian and high profile and available and w3 need a manager. God I hope not.

Don't go hard at Tim Cahill, he's a legend. If you want something to moan about The team who won the A Leaugue this year was Melbourne Victory -Manager Kevin Muscat. Feel free to go as hard as you like.
    Yeah well I guess I've shouted for him in over 100 internationals and he's been the difference between us making the World Cup and not. As for Muscat he manages the club that I hate more than all other. I support Adelaide United and we play in Red and they are Melbourne Victory play in blue, managed by Kevin Muscat who are thugs but never get sent off. They have supporters who are unaffectionately known as the tards. Every time we play its about the only game in any code in Australia that has to have riot police on standby. Twice we have been dudded out of 2 A-League titles by these ..... and their shit refs who look after them. Sound at all familiar.
    Nice to hear of an Aussie fella supporting charlton dave. I cannot stomach that wank stain of a club victory either mate. Thanks for your Insite earlier on Muir too.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    ozaddick said:

ozziedave said:

ozziedave said:

Nice to hear of an Aussie fella supporting charlton dave. I cannot stomach that wank stain of a club victory either mate. Thanks for your Insite earlier on Muir too.
    There's nothing I'd love to see more than The Valley full of Charlton people and Aussies watching Charlton playing either Championship or EPL with some of our young guys playing. I'm certain some of the younger guys would sign if they knew they would be given a fair crack at a spot on the team and had people around them that were trying to develop them as players. I could easily think of 10 guys and probably more that would be really useful out of the A League. Plus they'd get them cheap.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

JamesSeed said:

It’s going to be great!

90 likes in 2 posts !

Will you ever be as popular again, JS ?
    There will be 90 flags tomorrow when he sobers up and changes the story :smile:
    Then @Tom of Se9 had better cancel his annual leave. ;)
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Ok. So here is what Duchatelet told us earlier. Please take this with a pinch of salt.

There are still two interested parties, the Aussies and a British one.
    He is selling the lot. Would have kept the Valley but only four of the ex-directors approved this.
    He loves Richard Murray. "He is a super guy."
    He hates Peter Varney and CARD. The latter have misled the majority of fans. He would have led us to the Premier League otherwise. "You have missed an opportunity."
    He is no longer interested in football.

Right then, which 4 directors are happh for the club to be sold down the river in accepting this?
    Haven’t all the ones that Rick’s in contact with said they haven’t been contacted?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    btrain88 said:

bobmunro said:

Sorry but if he was ever in such close proximity to me I don't think I could resist the urge to lamp him one.

Now, now - violence isn't the answer.

I wouldn't resort to violence and would take the moral high ground. Something like gently walking up to him and whispering in his ear "you're a c*nt".
    Are we talking about Roland or Muscat?
    Roland - I would hit Muscat.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    J BLOCK said:

Ok. So here is what Duchatelet told us earlier. Please take this with a pinch of salt.

He is selling the lot. Would have kept the Valley but only four of the ex-directors approved this.
    He hates Peter Varney and CARD. The latter have misled the majority of fans. He would have led us to the Premier League otherwise. "You have missed an opportunity."

Right then, which 4 directors are happh for the club to be sold down the river in accepting this?
    I would guess at one of them - a first name not dissimilar to mine.

Unless of course Roland is telling porkies!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Well Airman said there were 3 that had no love for a certain current Director,so it must be the other 4 who love him. Who are the three who blocked Valley being kept by Roland, Airman?
    Two parties still interested,heard that also and Aussies still struggling to get things done.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Well Airman said there were 3 that had no love for a certain current Director,so it must be the other 4 who love him. Who are the three who blocked Valley being kept by Roland, Airman?
    Two parties still interested,heard that also and Aussies still struggling to get things done.
    Sounds like this could take a while before the sale goes through.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Or RD could be bullshitting about that too.
  • Options

Reports circulating that thread has just entered the Kuiper belt.

I’m assuming that’s in the vicinity of the Khyber pass.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

J BLOCK said:

So we’ve recently heard

- the takeover could go through soon (JamesSeed, Addickted, Bexley/Colin)
    - or within 2-3 weeks (Richard Cawley, Airman)
    - another party still interested suggesting it’s not close (Roland, angeldust, Davidsmith)

Anything/anyone else?
  • Options
    ozziedave said:

This is my first post and to let you know I've been a Charlton fan for many years all through the Curbishley years and some before. When I was in London many years ago got to see one game at Selhurst Park so that gives you an idea how long its been. I'm really excited it looks as though you may have an Australian ownership soon that can return Charlton to its rightful place in the Premier League. I've read through some of the comments and I think as an AFL fan I can give you an insight into how things are likely to be managed.
    First Andrew Muir owned The Good Guys in Australia which would be the number 2 electrical retailer in Australia. He sold it recently for about 500 million pounds. He is a board member at AFL club Essendon in Melbourne. Essendon are most certainly not my favorite club but to give you an idea have 60.000 members and turnover of 35-40 million pounds per annum.
    Now another thing for you to know is that all AFL clubs are community owned and membership elects the board. This is a structure that these guys are used to and I'm not saying that will be the way it will be if Australians are at the club but this is something the board will be familiar with - a family based and run club. Essendon for instance was founded in 1871.
    Gerard Murphy has also been involved in AFL sports management and I believe has been involved with high performance programs in the AFL. The AFL sports science programs are world class and the current Director of high Performance at Arsenal is from my local AFL club in Adelaide.
    As for a lot of comments about the club becoming a feeder club this has been misunderstood. For a long time there has been an issue in Australian football that our players all want to leave our competition and move to Europe for opportunities and money and the chance to play at a higher level. A lot of the time they will go into European leagues like Belgium, Denmark or Holland find they have no support. Some go while they are a little too young and many find themselves back in Australia and have often stagnated or regressed as a player due to the fact they haven't been playing first team football or have become injured. Australian football/soccer is littered with good players that have left our shores and have not become the players they could or should have been.
    For a number of years the idea of having a club in Europe where our players can move to where they can be better managed has been talked about in Australian football circles. Also with a high population of Australians living in London, a London club has always been a preferred option.
    So one thing that you might expect is that Charlton could become a landing club for Australian players trying their hand in Europe.
    Here's the kind of player who you might find at the club.
    Riley McGee is a player from my local club in Adelaide at the beginning of the year he left on a free transfer to Club Brugges where he did not play within 6 months he was back in Australia on loan to Newcastle in the A League. Riley is 19 years old has already made the Australian National Squad. Here's a link of his scorpion kick goal in A League http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/a-league/aleague-riley-mcgree-scorpion-kick-helps-newcastle-jets-to-21-semifinal-win-over-melbourne-city/news-story/25a1972e13cb5fd144a8fd16c9c4b410
    So I think you may be surprised that these guys will bring excellent sports management experience, some money and excellent knowledge to the club.

Welcome to charltonlife, and thank you for bringing some levelheaded analysis on board.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    vff said:

Well done to the ex Directors not agreeing, if it is true what RD says. Couldn’t they just be paid what there owed ? Great news that Duchatelet wants to sell the whole of cafc, if true.
    He could have paid them off for £7m but he was looking to max out on his sale price and every month this has dragged on has cost him near nigh £1m apparently. Plus turning the Valley into a building site has been debated to death, with all the drawbacks of getting planning permission, redeveloping it and its associated costs / aggro. The club is worth more as a going concern.

A lease arrangement, to enable an element of control by RD on the Valley pending staged purchase payments, would have required consent of the Debenture holders and if true, three of them prevaricated thank goodness. So RD with his money continuing to disappear down the drain has finally had to bite the bullet, cut his losses and sell up lock stock and barrel; save for maybe a few adds ons for subsequent player sales / promotions. That's my take on it anyway FWIIW.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

No news from James yet this morning.

Late back from pub followed by a dinner party. No doubt with a few glasses of wine and a night cap.

The book is open for his first post today. I am going for a 10.45am.

Put me down for 10:46am
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Redrobo said:

No news from James yet this morning.

Late back from pub followed by a dinner party. No doubt with a few glasses of wine and a night cap.

The book is open for his first post today. I am going for a 10.45am.

Put me down for 10:46am
    No chance he's in the dog house for being AWOL when his guests were arriving. I reckon it'll be late afternoon before he's served his penance by clearing up and waited on his Mrs hand and foot whilst she is glued to the box watching the Royal Wedding :wink: .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!